1) I thought bad hair days were a lie. I was so naïve.
2) I'd never eat candies with transparent wrappings. It feels like the maker doesn't want to acknowledge they're his. That must be for a reason.
Thread: Random Thought Thread
08-26-2016, 10:36 AM #65551MBTI: INTP (though I'm PINT-sized) * Ti = Ne > Fi > Ni > Si > Te = Se >>> Fe
Enneagram: 5w4 - 4w5 - 1w9 sp/sx * 5 > 4 > 1 > 8 > 3 > 6 > 7 > 9 > 2
Socionics: LII - Ne
Holland Code: AIE
Omnis res est se ipsa singularis et per nihil aliud
08-26-2016, 10:43 AM #65552
* I want friends, but when I go to the real world, maybe getting friends isn't that so great after all
* I only pick on some body language signals after reading it from a book
* while it is easier to talk to men than to women, I have a hard time speaking casually or slang to them. So I speak how I write.
* I speak in the same tone of respect to everyone regardless of their status or situation only the information differs.
* I feel like I have to confess when people ask me even the most basic questions of my past only to realize afterwards it was completely unnecessary.
* I don't learn easily when it comes to social mistakes
* the only person irl who listened to everything I say without the appearance of judging or the immediate solution was my therapist
* I don't smile or over smile
* I give too much eye contact or barely look anyone in the eye
* I can't observe body language and think/speak coherently at the same time
* I have been better recently knowing when someone isn't interested in hearing what I have to say.
* I have only a few interests
* Although I don't really do repetitive gestures at least not in public although I am not sure what that means
*i'm hypersensitive to sound
* when it comes to school work and success and my schedule needs to be predictable and if something major changes up my schedule I am easily discouraged and have it very difficult to get to that routine
* results dictate my lifeobviously you're going to get nothing from reading this
08-26-2016, 11:06 AM #65553
Apologies for hijacking this thread. Maybe a mod will be kind enough to move this dialogue to another thread.
The most common strand or complaint with the anti-feminists seems to be disagreement on methodology and/or what they see as harmful narratives (i.e. victim narratives) that they feel actually disempower and discourage women from assuming responsibility for themselves.
That doesn't necessarily mean they have to ID as feminist but the oppositional attitude towards it is what's off-putting as antifeminism is purposefully antagonistic, overaligns itself with men's rights issues while talking against women's rights issues, and ignores intersectionality altogether as the "division" of women is something they see as a hypocritical aspect of feminism.
Where do white middle class men stand in comparison by his POV?
The lack of concern for women of color is a valid point...but Milo's words are hollow when he doesn't care about women of color himself (as visibly shown by that witch hunt he started on Twitter for Leslie Jones - his playing the fool didn't trick anyone) AND especially when his goal isn't to help these marginalized groups at all but rather uplift the movement in opposition to them.
I don't even get how he can stan Mariah Carey when she's a black woman who advocates for BLM and LGBT rights.
08-26-2016, 11:22 AM #65554
Not an expert, haven't observed you in the flesh either, so I'm apprehensive about tossing out a casual diagnosis. I've read a lot on autism spectrum but that in no way makes me an expert. Have you attempted to seek a professional analysis?
Do you have issues with sensitivity to stimuli (bright lights, sudden loud noises, etc)? How does very soft touch by other people affect you? Do you find it hard to filter out various noises and speech in a crowded area? (Hard to say if some of this could also be reflected by being a type with inferior Se.)
There's also a theory that autistics, while previously thought to lack empathy, may actually experience an overwhelming amount of it to the point of having a very hard time processing and handling it, so they might shut the world out to better cope. It's similar to what many "highly sensitive persons" report experiencing. I have to be really careful, as I might be conflating some of the shared characteristics or experiences of autistim/aspergers, HSP, and general struggles of INxx types.
You have my sympathies, I only wish I could help you more. I've been where you are and still struggle daily with a lot of that. It doesn't necessarily get better, but you can learn coping strategies and adapt to the world. It sounds like you might already be doing that by learning when others aren't interested in what you're saying and keeping the urge to do repetitive gestures under wraps in public.
08-26-2016, 11:33 AM #65555
This stress is going to make me sick, I swear.If you can read this, follow the clues.
08-26-2016, 12:24 PM #65556
Reading what is apparently a metaphorical fugue on minds and machines in the spirit of Lewis Carroll
It sounds like very pretentious s**t, but surprisingly, it is very good.
Impressed so far.When you are joyous, look deep into your heart and you shall find it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy.
When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.
-Kahlil Gibran in The Prophet
08-26-2016, 12:45 PM #65557
- Join Date
- Jul 2015
- 729 sp/so
- IEE Fi
There is this guy in the office from the deep South and he is also super friendly and usually in good spirits. I see him as my competition. We shall see who has better Fe, the Kingpin of Southern charm or the laid back Californian that likes to say "dude" in Converse kicks. Knights into formation, move in for the kill!
Can I use the word kill and a stereotyped Fe in the same thought? I just did suckas.2w3 3w2 2w3 3w2 2w3 3w2 2w3 3w22w3 3w2 2w3 3w22w3 3w2 2w3 3w2
08-26-2016, 01:11 PM #65558
08-26-2016, 01:25 PM #65559
Why am I all Spock-like at work, but the second I'm home people know how to push buttons and make me ccrrazy
08-26-2016, 01:33 PM #65560