User Tag List

Page 6556 of 6769 FirstFirst ... 5556605664566506654665546555655665576558656666066656 ... LastLast
Results 65,551 to 65,560 of 67690

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Clean Slate Array CitizenErased's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

1) I thought bad hair days were a lie. I was so naïve.

2) I'd never eat candies with transparent wrappings. It feels like the maker doesn't want to acknowledge they're his. That must be for a reason.
    MBTI: INTP (though I'm PINT-sized) * Ti = Ne > Fi > Ni > Si > Te = Se >>> Fe
    Enneagram: 5w4 - 4w5 - 1w9 sp/sx * 5 > 4 > 1 > 8 > 3 > 6 > 7 > 9 > 2
    Socionics: LII - Ne
    SLOAN: Rc|U|EI
    Holland Code: AIE
    Temperament: Melancholic/Choleric
    House: Slytherin
    Oldham's: Idiosyncratic/Solitary

Omnis res est se ipsa singularis et per nihil aliud
    Likes geedoenfj liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    List some reasons why you feel you have asperger's and I'll do my best.
    * other than my family and some people online, I don't have friends
    * I want friends, but when I go to the real world, maybe getting friends isn't that so great after all
    * I only pick on some body language signals after reading it from a book
    * while it is easier to talk to men than to women, I have a hard time speaking casually or slang to them. So I speak how I write.
    * I speak in the same tone of respect to everyone regardless of their status or situation only the information differs.
    * I feel like I have to confess when people ask me even the most basic questions of my past only to realize afterwards it was completely unnecessary.
    * I don't learn easily when it comes to social mistakes
    * the only person irl who listened to everything I say without the appearance of judging or the immediate solution was my therapist
    * I don't smile or over smile
    * I give too much eye contact or barely look anyone in the eye
    * I can't observe body language and think/speak coherently at the same time
    * I have been better recently knowing when someone isn't interested in hearing what I have to say.
    * I have only a few interests
    * Although I don't really do repetitive gestures at least not in public although I am not sure what that means
    *i'm hypersensitive to sound
    * when it comes to school work and success and my schedule needs to be predictable and if something major changes up my schedule I am easily discouraged and have it very difficult to get to that routine
    *very perfectionistic
    * results dictate my life
    [Interviewer: "What was it like to be defined by being beautiful?"]
    Connelly: "It's uncomfortable to talk about - there's no way to come off right! If you say you are beautiful, you sound obnoxious, and if you deny it, doesn't that sound obnoxious?"

ggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Array Anaximander's Avatar

Apologies for hijacking this thread. Maybe a mod will be kind enough to move this dialogue to another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    But feminism isn't a monolith, and just choosing antifeminism because of certain exclusionary aspects of feminism which there are already named phenomenons for (white feminism, trans-exclusionary radical feminis, etc) just doesn't make sense to me.
    I understand. Anti-feminism is also not a monolith, so you'll find varying degrees and opinions with different anti-feminists. Some appreciate what it did in helping to get the vote, some are only upset with feminism in recent history. I honestly can't speak for any of them and it's the sort of thing you'd have to look at from person to person or actually talk to them for their opinion. Similarly there is no real consensus regarding feminism with MGTOW, as they aren't a unified group so much as a very loose group with a very broad range of political views. I know a few who don't really have a problem with feminism so much as they do with traditionalism (the 1950s idea of traditionalism, if we want to be specific).

The most common strand or complaint with the anti-feminists seems to be disagreement on methodology and/or what they see as harmful narratives (i.e. victim narratives) that they feel actually disempower and discourage women from assuming responsibility for themselves.

That doesn't necessarily mean they have to ID as feminist but the oppositional attitude towards it is what's off-putting as antifeminism is purposefully antagonistic, overaligns itself with men's rights issues while talking against women's rights issues, and ignores intersectionality altogether as the "division" of women is something they see as a hypocritical aspect of feminism.
    Yeah, again I can't speak for them and I'm not here to defend them so much as I am to say I can understand where they're coming from. I've often seen the complaint or question "why do they bash feminism" or "why align with men's rights people?" I was admittedly confused when I first learned of the MRM because they talked about Feminism a lot. I mean, why not just focus on their issues and try to seek cooperation with feminists? Further research showed that a lot of their anger at feminists, if maybe unhealthy, was rooted in valid reasons, for instance MAJOR organizations like NOW actively campaigning against Shared Parenting initiatives and refusing to have any sort of discussion with fathers' advocacy groups when public debates over Shared Parenting have been brought up. That's just one example, not to mention the prison reform campaign I discussed in one of the feminism threads. I see it as unfortunate and a catch-22. Men's groups try to push for reforms, meet opposition from feminist groups which refuse to consider any compromise or cooperation, men's advocates then feel resentment toward feminism, feminists see resentment and anger, then understandably want nothing to do with men's advocacy groups. It's a vicious cycle and it's kind of tragic.

Where do white middle class men stand in comparison by his POV?

The lack of concern for women of color is a valid point...but Milo's words are hollow when he doesn't care about women of color himself (as visibly shown by that witch hunt he started on Twitter for Leslie Jones - his playing the fool didn't trick anyone) AND especially when his goal isn't to help these marginalized groups at all but rather uplift the movement in opposition to them.
    Well, he's a troll. That whole thing was a clusterfuck. He didn't start it. He wrote a scathing review of the film, then 20+ hours after a bunch of his fanboys started attacking her feed, joined in with some trolling remarks of his own. His ban was understandable. It would have made more sense if his little army had at least attacked Feig or Pascal.

I don't even get how he can stan Mariah Carey when she's a black woman who advocates for BLM and LGBT rights.
    probably the same reason I appreciate James Woods and Jon Voight as actors despite disagreeing staunchly with most of their political beliefs.
    Likes Chanaynay liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    * other than my family and some people online, I don't have friends
    * I want friends, but when I go to the real world, maybe getting friends isn't that so great after all
    * I only pick on some body language signals after reading it from a book
    * while it is easier to talk to men than to women, I have a hard time speaking casually or slang to them. So I speak how I write.
    * I speak in the same tone of respect to everyone regardless of their status or situation only the information differs.
    * I feel like I have to confess when people ask me even the most basic questions of my past only to realize afterwards it was completely unnecessary.
    * I don't learn easily when it comes to social mistakes
    * the only person irl who listened to everything I say without the appearance of judging or the immediate solution was my therapist
    * I don't smile or over smile
    * I give too much eye contact or barely look anyone in the eye
    * I can't observe body language and think/speak coherently at the same time
    * I have been better recently knowing when someone isn't interested in hearing what I have to say.
    * I have only a few interests
    * Although I don't really do repetitive gestures at least not in public although I am not sure what that means
    the bolded stood out to me. While not necessarily unique to people with aspergers, those are common traits or "side-effects" of having autism spectrum disorders.

Not an expert, haven't observed you in the flesh either, so I'm apprehensive about tossing out a casual diagnosis. I've read a lot on autism spectrum but that in no way makes me an expert. Have you attempted to seek a professional analysis?

Do you have issues with sensitivity to stimuli (bright lights, sudden loud noises, etc)? How does very soft touch by other people affect you? Do you find it hard to filter out various noises and speech in a crowded area? (Hard to say if some of this could also be reflected by being a type with inferior Se.)

There's also a theory that autistics, while previously thought to lack empathy, may actually experience an overwhelming amount of it to the point of having a very hard time processing and handling it, so they might shut the world out to better cope. It's similar to what many "highly sensitive persons" report experiencing. I have to be really careful, as I might be conflating some of the shared characteristics or experiences of autistim/aspergers, HSP, and general struggles of INxx types.

You have my sympathies, I only wish I could help you more. I've been where you are and still struggle daily with a lot of that. It doesn't necessarily get better, but you can learn coping strategies and adapt to the world. It sounds like you might already be doing that by learning when others aren't interested in what you're saying and keeping the urge to do repetitive gestures under wraps in public.
    Likes Forever, Floki liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    269 sx
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

This stress is going to make me sick, I swear.

#yaaaaassss

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Reading what is apparently a metaphorical fugue on minds and machines in the spirit of Lewis Carroll

It sounds like very pretentious s**t, but surprisingly, it is very good.

Impressed so far.
    When you are joyous, look deep into your heart and you shall find it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy.
    When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.

-Kahlil Gibran in The Prophet
    Likes N/A liked this post

I like ice cream Array Enthusiastic_Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

There is this guy in the office from the deep South and he is also super friendly and usually in good spirits. I see him as my competition. We shall see who has better Fe, the Kingpin of Southern charm or the laid back Californian that likes to say "dude" in Converse kicks. Knights into formation, move in for the kill!

Can I use the word kill and a stereotyped Fe in the same thought? I just did suckas.
    A mind wanders as does the soul

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams".
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

"I or E: NF or ENTP, you'll always be ARET to me. Ambiverting, Rational thinking, Emoting, and Trailblazing since the 90's"
    -Cloudpatrol

Love you Clouds!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes Anaximander, SD45T-2 liked this post

Why am I all Spock-like at work, but the second I'm home people know how to push buttons and make me ccrrazy
    Likes N/A liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    Why am I all Spock-like at work, but the second I'm home people know how to push buttons and make me ccrrazy
    I believe it's called Pon Farr: Pon farr - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes magpie liked this post