User Tag List

Page 6555 of 6782 FirstFirst ... 5555605564556505654565536554655565566557656566056655 ... LastLast
Results 65,541 to 65,550 of 67819

Thread: Random Thought Thread

ggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Array Anaximander's Avatar
    MBTI
    mkgr

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    I want the old admin Haight to judge me.

It's been a growing concern of mine to see if I actually have asperger's.

No, the two sentences do not correlate.
    List some reasons why you feel you have asperger's and I'll do my best.

wow. rekt lol.
    All for ourselves and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind. - Adam Smith

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I find it funny how the vast majority of women who identify as antifeminist are cis white women.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Human Grumpy Cat Array senza tema's Avatar
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I find it funny how the vast majority of women who identify as antifeminist are cis white women.
    I'll add the caveat that many women of color have felt alienated enough by mainstream second wave feminism that they might be reluctant to identify as feminists.
    Likes Chanaynay, EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    mkgr

The only one I dislike is Janet Bloomfield. A tradcon trying to lure men back to the plantation by stroking their egos, and possibly a white supremacist who likes having her hair styled like a nazi bride. Paul Elam can have her. She's disgusting. A wolf in bunny rabbit clothing. Has openly said men need to serve as utilities for women for the reward of blowjobs and housework. And you can tell the character of manosphereian men based on which ones eat that shit up and which ones reject her for the duplicitous fucker she is.

Blaire White, Theryn Meyer, Kristal Garcia (I forgot his name but one of the guys who podcasts with Honey Badgers is hispanic) are some of the more prominent ones that are either not cis or not white. The numbers are growing. It used to be a few white women like Straughan but there are more LGBT and non-white women joining their ranks, so any notion that they're all white supremacist women will become increasingly outlandish and unbelievable--any who are racists will eventually find themselves in bad company and find themselves pushed to the fringes or expelled altogether. There's also a growing number of black MGTOW, incidentally.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    I'll add the caveat that many women of color have felt alienated enough by mainstream second wave feminism that they might be reluctant to identify as feminists.
    Yes, that's why I'm happy about this whole discussion on white feminism that's being voiced more to the masses. A lot of these white girls on YouTube (who have probably been linked around this forum on multiple occasions) talking about how they feel like modern feminist issues are inconsequential aren't accounting for what feminism is doing outside of their own prerogative. I have this same issue with white cis gay men talking about how they believe LGBT activism is excessive and don't see the need for pride rallies when they're ignoring that these original riots were started by black trans women like Marsha P. Johnson - I've had this issue with that god damn Milo Yiannopoulos as of late.

I don't necessarily care about whether women identify as feminist or not (esp since I'm a man and I don't have the right to police about this movement), but it's more those who are staunchly antifeminist. I have a few friends who are women of color and choose to not ID as feminist or ID as some sort of subset within feminism like "critical feminist" and I understand why from their POV. But seeing white women adamantly positioning themselves can be a little transparent because you know that they're just turning a blind eye to intersectional issues faced by women of color, trans women, etc.

(Also I was gonna add straight but I have seen some gay/bi white women out there who carry out this same behavior and tokenize their sexuality as some sort of "rebuttal" to people calling them out for being blinded by their privilege...but yes these antifeminist women are definitely often straight as well)
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Likes senza tema, EJCC liked this post

I like ice cream Array Enthusiastic_Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

There's actually a fairly strong "ENTP" troll that lives inside of me that likes to tease and mess with people (out of fun of course) but I tend to forget that since I don't show that side of me on the forum or vent often, at all really, that when it does come out, people always think I'm being serious with the statement and I have to explain I was kidding. Sorta takes the fun out of it but eh, it's my fault for unintentionally typecasting myself as a sanguine and nice person early on I suppose. Whatchya gonna do?
    A mind wanders as does the soul

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams".
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

"I or E: NF or ENTP, you'll always be ARET to me. Ambiverting, Rational thinking, Emoting, and Trailblazing since the 90's"
    -Cloudpatrol

Love you Clouds!

MBTI
    mkgr

But seeing white women adamantly positioning themselves can be a little transparent because you know that they're just turning a blind eye to intersectional issues faced by women of color, trans women, etc.
    I don't know if I'd go so far to call it a blind eye. Perhaps with someone like Bloomfield that is the case.

I've heard the complaints and reasoning from some of them who feel women of color are often overlooked by feminism on more than a few episodes of honey badger podcasts. I certainly understand how the intersectional variety is trying to remedy that, but there might be a strong case for feminism being a movement primarily focused on the needs of upper class white women through most of its history.

Milo's whole routine is shock jock (I don't think this does him any favors beyond his white cismale fanbase) but he tends to be more restrained and civil in some debates I've seen, and one of his complaints has been that white middle class women in the west are now the most privileged demographic and care little about, say, the rape rates for women of color, which he alleges is overlooked and overshadowed by the discussion of campus rape, even when the rape of women of color is at least as much of a problem.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    I've heard the complaints and reasoning from some of them who feel women of color are often overlooked by feminism on more than a few episodes of honey badger podcasts. I certainly understand how the intersectional variety is trying to remedy that, but there might be a strong case for feminism being a movement primarily focused on the needs of upper class white women through most of its history.
    But feminism isn't a monolith, and just choosing antifeminism because of certain exclusionary aspects of feminism which there are already named phenomenons for (white feminism, trans-exclusionary radical feminis, etc) just doesn't make sense to me. That doesn't necessarily mean they have to ID as feminist but the oppositional attitude towards it is what's off-putting as antifeminism is purposefully antagonistic, overaligns itself with men's rights issues while talking against women's rights issues, and ignores intersectionality altogether as the "division" of women is something they see as a hypocritical aspect of feminism.

Milo's whole routine is shock jock (I don't think this does him any favors beyond his white cismale fanbase) but he tends to be more restrained and civil in some debates I've seen, and one of his complaints has been that white middle class women in the west are now the most privileged demographic and care little about, say, the rape rates for women of color, which he alleges is overlooked and overshadowed by the discussion of campus rape, even when the rape of women of color is at least as much of a problem.
    Where do white middle class men stand in comparison by his POV? The lack of concern for women of color is a valid point...but Milo's words are hollow when he doesn't care about women of color himself (as visibly shown by that witch hunt he started on Twitter for Leslie Jones - his playing the fool didn't trick anyone) AND especially when his goal isn't to help these marginalized groups at all but rather uplift the movement in opposition to them. I don't even get how he can stan Mariah Carey when she's a black woman who advocates for BLM and LGBT rights.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    269 sx
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

me: ok brain, listen up, i need you to calm the fuck down and not bombard me with negative thoughts when the slightest inconvenience happens to me today
    brain: lol you wild, wyd tho?

#yaaaaassss