User Tag List

Page 6530 of 6771 FirstFirst ... 5530603064306480652065286529653065316532654065806630 ... LastLast
Results 65,291 to 65,300 of 67710

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Clean Slate Array CitizenErased's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    x] lolllllll

I try to give tales like Disney the benefit of the doubt by treating it as some kind of Archetypal Psychological Myth... like maybe, the different characters and the ridiculously illogical progression of events relates to the irrational process by which the psyche of a person develops.

I just then had the idea of making a story, where at the end everyone is dead or fucked up and the whole place is destroyed, and then end with the line

And they all lived happily ever after...
    What traumatizes me are the endless deus-ex-machina moments in the movies. Their abuse is so... abusive that whenever something bad is going to happen one is prepared for a saviour person, sound, accident, etc saving the characters; there's no thrill when one is not worried. I want fantasy with a little bit of truth, sci-fi worlds with human error. I bet that if I make a superhero and in the middle of the movie I shoot him dead, the surprise is going to be massive (then I'd have to think what to do with the rest of the movie), more than the superhero being 2 milimetres away from death.

Loved the story idea! It could be all the characters end mentally unstable, the story never gets peaks of happiness, it keeps getting worse and worse... and the characters finally learn how to live their destroyed lives! I'm now imagining a brownish green atmosphere, a destroyed house with a guy wearing a bloody shirt, lying on the floor and making bubbles with his own drool while the armless kid sitting next to him laughs hysterically when the bubbles pop. Now I'm studying a bit of anatomy for my drawings. After that I wanted to create a graphic novel. Maybe you can develop the story, or help with it! (Warning: an INTP "maybe we could" means "between tomorrow and 20 years from now").
    MBTI: INTP (though I'm PINT-sized) * Ti = Ne > Fi > Ni > Si > Te = Se >>> Fe
    Enneagram: 5w4 - 4w5 - 1w9 sp/sx * 5 > 4 > 1 > 8 > 3 > 6 > 7 > 9 > 2
    Socionics: LII - Ne
    SLOAN: Rc|U|EI
    Holland Code: AIE
    Temperament: Melancholic/Choleric
    House: Slytherin
    Oldham's: Idiosyncratic/Solitary

Omnis res est se ipsa singularis et per nihil aliud
    Likes Legion liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenErased View Post
    Thanks!! It feels good to be appreciated (especially by the things that make one a weirdo, haha)
    Haha it's mutual.. you're welcome!!

In one of the versions (don't remember if it was Perrault's original story), one of the step-sisters chops off part of her foot for it to fit in the slipper (all original fairytales are kinda creepy). That's why I mentioned "Disney's Cinderella", children's movies are adaptations from those gory stories.
    Yes I remember reading the original version of Cindarella as a child before watching the movie, and the same was for the little mermaid, and when I wateched the Disney version of them I was like "Oh thanks God, no chopped fingers, no attempted suicide after all" I gotta agree with you, I'm glad Disney remade the stories to have more pleasant plottings than the Grimm's Fairytales and whatever other original versions..

didn't he recognize her face? Or at least cross out from the list the brunettes, I don't know..
    Honey.. makeup do wonders, and imagine how it might be with fairy Godmother make up on! don't blame him haha

I find that the first Disney princes (such as the one in Snow White, the first Disney animated movie) have no personality. That has changed with time, for example with the Beast, or in the newer ones, with Flynn Rider (Tangled, I love that movie). Then Frozen came and ruined everything: the good guy is an Owen Wilson on steroids, and the bad guy is smarter, prettier and with more personality (and he likes sandwiches). From a Disney/children's movie lesson-to-learn point of view, how am I going to know who I have to like if the good guy is an idiot? (The movie has endless flaws to me, but they are not related with our topic).
    Hmm, good points ..

I don't think "realizing" the Beast is a buffalo-like animal changes anything from my childhood, because I'm still able to watch and appreciate movies with the same innocence as when I was little. Of course when I rewatch them (or if there are tongue-in-cheek comments that are aimed for an adult audience), I can have the dirtiest mind ever. What bothers me is that even if I like the Beast, I know that if I found a Beast in real life I wouldn't like it. The same with Zuko from Avatar, the Legend of Aang.. and talking about villains, I always like male villains more than the good guys (except in the Beauty and the Beast movie, because Gastón is like the alpha dog, and I hate alpha dogs). I think it's because in stories villains tend to have a more interesting back story than kind characters. When people ask me who my favourite Avenger is, I always answer "Loki". I don't care about evil, I like that he's crazy smart!
    Oh come on! But Gaston is such a lovely alpha dog though haha, he can carry a table with three ladies on! It's hard to overcome that..
    I like your attitude Citizen, it's always good to keep in touch with the part of yourself that is "How you used to be" to be able to connect with the real pure you, I was lately so much involved in looking deeper in my childhood and I think it helped me a LOT in discovering and understanding myself
    Work for a cause not for Applause
    Live to express not to Impress

6w7 > 4w3 > 1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Was following that as it happened, all the female fighters are Kurdish right?

I remember when the west thought that the PKK was a serious threat to world security because of their marxist tendencies.

Swings and roundabouts. I'm glad the IS are being defeated.

Hello trauma my old friend, you've come to call again, with nightmares that are so disturbing, guess I'm waking this early (to the sound of silence)

i have so much respect for people who's job description entails anything to do with processing doctors' handwriting.
    'apathy is a dirty word.'
    Likes Yamato Nadeshiko liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

What traumatizes me are the endless deus-ex-machina moments in the movies. Their abuse is so... abusive that whenever something bad is going to happen one is prepared for a saviour person, sound, accident, etc saving the characters; there's no thrill when one is not worried. I want fantasy with a little bit of truth, sci-fi worlds with human error. I bet that if I make a superhero and in the middle of the movie I shoot him dead, the surprise is going to be massive (then I'd have to think what to do with the rest of the movie), more than the superhero being 2 milimetres away from death.

Loved the story idea! It could be all the characters end mentally unstable, the story never gets peaks of happiness, it keeps getting worse and worse... and the characters finally learn how to live their destroyed lives! I'm now imagining a brownish green atmosphere, a destroyed house with a guy wearing a bloody shirt, lying on the floor and making bubbles with his own drool while the armless kid sitting next to him laughs hysterically when the bubbles pop. Now I'm studying a bit of anatomy for my drawings. After that I wanted to create a graphic novel. Maybe you can develop the story, or help with it! (Warning: an INTP "maybe we could" means "between tomorrow and 20 years from now").
    ;continuing the story

Then, a giant cockroach comes in, walking on 2 of its legs and starts beating the boy, but is far too weak to do any actual damage so the boy continues to laugh.

A small dog with a multi-coloured striped top-hat rides in on a unicycle, while juggling precious crystal glassware and burning sticks, then rides into a wall, and cannot go any further yet the unicycle wheel still keeps turning, and then the dog turns around and exits the room.

Then, a big arm emerges from the boy's head and starts slapping the cockroach, and the cockroach starts spinning around rapidly, with dust and swirling wind appearing around him.

Just then, a giant bird rips the top of the house off and looks into the scenery of the room. The bird opens its mouth and squawks, emitting a beam of radiation at the guy in the bloody shirt, and he begins levitating towards the mouth of the bird. The bird eats him, and then glows bright yellow, and suddenly turns into a humanoid happy frog in red and white pajamas. Also, the frog guy has 3 horns. He starts dancing from one side of the room to the other, like Vaudeville.

The boy starts burping bubbles, and each bubble turns into an evil, black little animal, each one running rapidly across the room, shooting lazers at each other from their eyes.

Then, the house starts shaking - *BOOM BOOM BOOM* - in the distance, a hippo wearing sunglasses is slowly approaching. It reaches the house, and bulldozes straight through it, leaving a slimey rainbow trail where it walked.

Then, all of a sudden people start falling from the sky and splattering on the floor. The boy is now shocked. He starts jumping up and down, and then an anvil falls on him.

He slips out from under the anvil, and grows to full size, and now has arms again.

However, his arms are where his legs should be, and one leg is where his arm should be, the other where his head should be, and his head is where the other arm should be.

He is pleased with this result.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    ;continuing the story

Then, a giant cockroach comes in, walking on 2 of its legs and starts beating the boy, but is far too weak to do any actual damage so the boy continues to laugh.

A small dog with a multi-coloured striped top-hat rides in on a unicycle, while juggling precious crystal glassware and burning sticks, then rides into a wall, and cannot go any further yet the unicycle wheel still keeps turning, and then the dog turns around and exits the room.

Then, a big arm emerges from the boy's head and starts slapping the cockroach, and the cockroach starts spinning around rapidly, with dust and swirling wind appearing around him.

Just then, a giant bird rips the top of the house off and looks into the scenery of the room. The bird opens its mouth and squawks, emitting a beam of radiation at the guy in the bloody shirt, and he begins levitating towards the mouth of the bird. The bird eats him, and then glows bright yellow, and suddenly turns into a humanoid happy frog in red and white pajamas. Also, the frog guy has 3 horns. He starts dancing from one side of the room to the other, like Vaudeville.

The boy starts burping bubbles, and each bubble turns into an evil, black little animal, each one running rapidly across the room, shooting lazers at each other from their eyes.

Then, the house starts shaking - *BOOM BOOM BOOM* - in the distance, a hippo wearing sunglasses is slowly approaching. It reaches the house, and bulldozes straight through it, leaving a slimey rainbow trail where it walked.

Then, all of a sudden people start falling from the sky and splattering on the floor. The boy is now shocked. He starts jumping up and down, and then an anvil falls on him.

He slips out from under the anvil, and grows to full size, and now has arms again.

However, his arms are where his legs should be, and one leg is where his arm should be, the other where his head should be, and his head is where the other arm should be.

He is pleased with this result.
    I'm getting started with the frames

I'd be pleased with that result too.

Likes Legion liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    269 sx
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

#yaaaaassss

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by geedoenfj View Post
    Honey.. makeup do wonders, and imagine how it might be with fairy Godmother make up on! don't blame him haha
    Hahaha, good point, magic make up does the trick.. where's a Fairy Godmother when you need one?

Oh come on! But Gaston is such a lovely alpha dog though haha, he can carry a table with three ladies on! It's hard to overcome that..
    I like your attitude Citizen, it's always good to keep in touch with the part of yourself that is "How you used to be" to be able to connect with the real pure you, I was lately so much involved in looking deeper in my childhood and I think it helped me a LOT in discovering and understanding myself
    I like the lifting thing, though I'm more attracted to guys who don't give a crap about being popular (not the ones who feel intimidated by alpha dogs either, just the ones who think classifying people in popular and unpopular is stupid).

Thanks, Geedoenfj!! The key to happiness is always in the childhood. I had some goals when I was little (kind of a bucket list), and after 17 years of choosing the wrong path, I found out that my to-do list from when I was 4 still stands, and making each item real makes me happy (when I'm able to). Adulthood complicates everything so much!

Likes geedoenfj liked this post

I like ice cream Array Enthusiastic_Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I noticed I can never give just a simple answer to a yes/no question or even some silly question like, "what is your favorite color?". Literally, any time a question is asked, I feel like I instantly start rummaging through some data bank and bring to surface anything that might touch on that topic and spit it back out at the person. I sort of just vomit all this data like, "I like blue, but it has to be this shade of blue, or sometimes I like black if I'm in this mood". It's impossible for me to give simple answers.

I think this is a good reason my Ask Me thread videos are always 25+ minutes hahaha.
    A mind wanders as does the soul

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams".
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

"I or E: NF or ENTP, you'll always be ARET to me. Ambiverting, Rational thinking, Emoting, and Trailblazing since the 90's"
    -Cloudpatrol

Love you Clouds!
    Likes geedoenfj, Ghost liked this post