User Tag List

Page 6506 of 6784 FirstFirst ... 5506600664066456649665046505650665076508651665566606 ... LastLast
Results 65,051 to 65,060 of 67834

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    269 sx
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

Quote Originally Posted by geedoenfj View Post
    I'm reading a book right now that says, we have to set a friendship with our miseries, we must accept them, talk to them, laugh with them and treat them like a friend, and that happiness is about the way you perceive the world around you..
    I will start working on that myself
    It is hard. But you are correct in that we should befriend the bad parts in life in order to understand and appreciate the good parts.
    Very wise!

#yaaaaassss
    Likes geedoenfj liked this post

This user is always right Array geedoenfj's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by theforsaken View Post
    It is hard. But you are correct in that we should befriend the bad parts in life in order to understand and appreciate the good parts.
    Very wise!
    When I first read that, my reaction was "What the hell?! No way!" But then I thought I don't have other choices, all of them are inevitable.. good luck forsaken
    Work for a cause not for Applause
    Live to express not to Impress

6w7 > 4w3 > 1w2
    Likes theforsaken liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by theforsaken View Post
    Why can't things in my life just STAY good for once?
    Because our minds perceive things in terms of comparison. It isn't even a linear comparison, but an exponential one. E.g., sound volume is measured in decibels, which represent exponentially more or less energy in a sound wave.

Whatever we're used to is background, normal. If it's warmer than normal, it feels too hot. If it's cooler than normal it feels too cold. Good and bad are the same way.

If things would just STAY GOOD, then you'd become used to good, and then you'd replace "good" with "normal". At which point you'd have to check your privilege when dealing with all those people for whom "bad" is "normal".
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes theforsaken, Smilephantomhive liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    269 sx
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Because our minds perceive things in terms of comparison. It isn't even a linear comparison, but an exponential one. E.g., sound volume is measured in decibels, which represent exponentially more or less energy in a sound wave.

Whatever we're used to is background, normal. If it's warmer than normal, it feels too hot. If it's cooler than normal it feels too cold. Good and bad are the same way.

If things would just STAY GOOD, then you'd become used to good, and then you'd replace "good" with "normal". At which point you'd have to check your privilege when dealing with all those people for whom "bad" is "normal".
    Thank you, I needed the laugh. xD
    I get too sensitive, but that's just the NF lifestyle. It's disgusting.

#yaaaaassss

All for ourselves and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind. - Adam Smith

Neoliberalism has poisoned everything.

Every-damn-thing.

Immanentize the Eschaton Array Starry's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

I can't bring myself to create a thread on this because a.) I don't know how to make a poll and 2.) I can't imagine anyone knows this celebrity? enough to type her

but Amy Allan from the Dead Files? Anyone?

Through every forest, above the trees
    Within my stomach, scraped off my knees
    I drink the honey inside your hive
    You are the reason I stay alive

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz
    Likes Forever liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    Trying to crush my hopes and dreams?
    Why you looking for a harmony?
    There is harmony in everything
    It's a butterfly who waits for wind
    To fly away

If you're looking for a dream girl
    I'll never be your dream girl
    Living in the real world
    Looking for a dream girl

MBTI
    :}

My parents thought I was dying because they got home right when I failed out of rock-band hard on drums 'Pump it up' by Elvis Castillo.

I collapsed to the floor and screamed with total outrage in full freak/nerdy gamer mode onto my brothers comforter that was on the floor and basically died. Basically.

It was at 97 percent complete.

I was sooooooo close.

So then of course I played it again and they both watched me and it was so close- I was really fucking up a the end, (the only part of that song I couldnt--- at the very least carry my way through... The very very end- I mean I bet I was hitting 95% accuracy until about the last 10% of the song...

Anyways. I finished it with 92% accuracy which is just- imo, not a percentage Im neccessarily generally happy with...

But this song was HARD on hard for me. So-nad it was like hell YEAH second times the charm woot woot.

And my dad said that- damn, he was even getting nervous for me at the end there- hovering in the red zone- but damn damn damn it was pretty impressive.

I have a hard time determining my rock band level.

For medium I end with generally between 96-100% accuracy. Probably averaging at 98 or 99. 97 or below is rare. 100 is even rarer though. I generally get 99 because Im so focused on getting 100 that I tend to miss a couple notes in the very back half of most songs.

Hard im averaging between 85 and 99. 96+ is rare. Probably average average in the low 90s between 90-93 with 91 yeah, probably being closest to my average there.

And I was super happy because I played a song on expert today and got 97 on it and it was fantastic and I crushed it.

Problem is, multi- song setlists- mystery ones... I CANNOT play 'weve got the beat' because I just... Dont have the foot petal endurance. Or something. I dunno. So if I get that song then I fail and fuck up the whole set-list.

So I need to practice just more confident and smoother fast foot pedaling I think.

This cracks me up, this whole post with how just- wow- how serious it sounds.
    Likes Ghost liked this post