User Tag List

Page 6505 of 6780 FirstFirst ... 5505600564056455649565036504650565066507651565556605 ... LastLast
Results 65,041 to 65,050 of 67800

Thread: Random Thought Thread

  1. #65041
    back and forth Array Hawthorne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Posts
    2,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    In terms of WORK, putting the customers' needs above your own in paramount. It isn't about being a doormat, but about being productive. You can do something really "productive", but if it doesn't actually meet anyone's needs, it isn't productive (except maybe to you). The art of being successful is figuring out how to meet others' needs without putting out a lot of effort on your own part. So, you find something that you love doing and are naturally good at (therefore not a lot of effort on your part to do) that also meets others' needs (therefore you get paid to do it!).
    Her conclusion was "putting the needs of others before your own is a sign of maturity/personal growth/self-development" not "putting the needs of customers and clients before your own is necessary to be productive and/or successful in your professional life". If she had ended with the second, I wouldn't have taken issue. Instead, she overgeneralized an example into a "universal" life lesson that is far from universal. That over-generalization is the "laziness" that I'm criticizing.

  2. #65042
    Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ Fᴇᴇʟs Lɪᴋᴇ Hᴏᴍᴇ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Posts
    5,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Because in real life, there are no such things as "safe spaces".

    Work life has no safe spaces at all, because you are FORCED to work with other people, no matter how disagreeable.
    Home life, unless you live entirely alone, has no safe spaces, because you are forced to live with other people.

    So the only way to have any true safe spaces is to be an unemployed hermit who lives off the land. Or a college student.
    There are certain things that I simply will not tolerate and being at work won't prevent me from not tolerating them. Just because someone is an employee doesn't mean that they have to put up with harassment. Sure, they have to be able to take a certain amount and be the bigger person while they're on the clock, but there's nothing wrong with calling over a manager to handle an extremely rude customer and walking away. It took me 22 years to stop taking the kind of advice she's giving in the video and I'm better off now for it tbh.


    I'm so alone
    Trying to find my way back home to you
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious

  3. #65043
    Happy Dancer Array uumlau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so
    Posts
    5,563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawthorne View Post
    Her conclusion was "putting the needs of others before your own is a sign of maturity/personal growth/self-development" not "putting the needs of customers and clients before your own is necessary to be productive and/or successful in your professional life". If she had ended with the second, I wouldn't have taken issue. Instead, she overgeneralized an example into a "universal" life lesson that is far from universal. That over-generalization is what I'm criticizing specifically.
    What if it were phrased as "listen to others' needs before your own", as opposed to "putting other's needs"?
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

    A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

  4. #65044
    back and forth Array Hawthorne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Posts
    2,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    What if it were phrased as "listen to others' needs before your own", as opposed to "putting other's needs"?
    Leaving it at "being productive sometimes means compromising your sensitivities" would've worked. She erred when she made it about "maturity" and "personal growth". I think the existence of successful egocentrics and people whose personal growth path is to be more assertive of their own needs is enough to prove that.

  5. #65045
    Fantasticality. Array Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    5,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kierva View Post
    Then write it in the blog. Don't tease us. Do a Beyoncé.
    I wrote it in the blog.

    Little theatrical, I admit.
    [Interviewer: "What was it like to be defined by being beautiful?"]
    Connelly: "It's uncomfortable to talk about - there's no way to come off right! If you say you are beautiful, you sound obnoxious, and if you deny it, doesn't that sound obnoxious?"

  6. #65046
    And I'm sad. Again. Array Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Why is it NF, for example, and not NP for INFPs? Same for S, why is it SP and not SF for ISFPs? Why the difference in categorising the N/S types into the temperaments?
    “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.” –Albert Einstein
    Ne > Te = Ti = Ni > Fe > Si > Fi > Se
    Likes geedoenfj liked this post

  7. #65047
    breaking out of my cocoon Array SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE
    Posts
    5,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

    -------------------

    Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

    9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so
    Likes geedoenfj, Petrahygen liked this post

  8. #65048
    santa's elf Array theforsaken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    269 sx
    Socionics
    IEI Fe
    Posts
    1,558

    Default

    Why can't things in my life just STAY good for once?

    #yaaaaassss
    Likes geedoenfj liked this post

  9. #65049
    Fantasticality. Array Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    5,352

    Default

    Suicide Squad and movie critics. Oh well
    [Interviewer: "What was it like to be defined by being beautiful?"]
    Connelly: "It's uncomfortable to talk about - there's no way to come off right! If you say you are beautiful, you sound obnoxious, and if you deny it, doesn't that sound obnoxious?"

  10. #65050
    This user is always right Array geedoenfj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    1,567

    Default Random Thought Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by theforsaken View Post
    Why can't things in my life just STAY good for once?
    I'm reading a book right now that says, we have to set a friendship with our miseries, we must accept them, talk to them, laugh with them and treat them like a friend, and that happiness is about the way you perceive the world around you..
    I will start working on that myself
    Work for a cause not for Applause
    Live to express not to Impress


    6w7 > 4w3 > 1w2
    Likes theforsaken, uumlau liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread
    By Giggly in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 622
    Last Post: 10-28-2016, 07:32 PM
  2. [NT] Random thought thread (NT version)
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 10-22-2016, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO