User Tag List

Page 6504 of 6935 FirstFirst ... 5504600464046454649465026503650465056506651465546604 ... LastLast
Results 65,031 to 65,040 of 69346

Thread: Random Thought Thread

  1. #65031
    Empress Rabbit Array theforsaken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    269 sx
    Socionics
    IEI Fe
    Posts
    1,836

    Default



    This video speaks to me.
    Will you buy me a house of gold?
    And when your father turns to stone..
    will you take care of me?
    Likes Qlip liked this post

  2. #65032
    V Special Rare Array Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,860

    Default

    Life is going to smack me hard. IN THE FACE.

    New update to blog going to explain why.


  3. #65033
    시간을 멈출래 영원히 Array Kierva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    2,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    Life is going to smack me hard. IN THE FACE.

    New update to blog going to explain why.
    Then write it in the blog. Don't tease us. Do a Beyoncé.

  4. #65034
    deplorable basketcase Array Tellenbach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    3,236

    Default

    Some company actually sells a fly swatter with a graphite shaft - no more flimsy wire handles. I'm gonna swat these flies at 90 mph.
    What would a baby from Neelix and Kes look like? They had to write off Kes from the show to avoid answering it.
    Likes SearchingforPeace liked this post

  5. #65035
    V Special Rare Array Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kierva View Post
    Then write it in the blog. Don't tease us. Do a Beyoncé.
    *flips the hair I have*


  6. #65036
    Happy Dancer Array uumlau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so
    Posts
    5,690

    Default

    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

    A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

  7. #65037
    corona Array Hawthorne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLI Te
    Posts
    2,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    That was a pretty nice video until the end where she lazily equated maturity with putting the needs of others before one's own. I'm usually good at making connections but the one between being a doormat and growing a thicker skin eludes me.

    I'm assuming the advice is meant to apply outside of working in the service industry. If not, then disregard the above.
    Likes EJCC liked this post

  8. #65038
    Happy Dancer Array uumlau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so
    Posts
    5,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawthorne View Post
    That was a pretty nice video until the end where she lazily equated maturity with putting the needs of others before one's own. I'm usually good at making connections but the one between being a doormat and growing a thicker skin eludes me.

    I'm assuming the advice is meant to apply outside of working in the service industry. If not, then disregard the above.
    In terms of WORK, putting the customers' needs above your own in paramount. It isn't about being a doormat, but about being productive. You can do something really "productive", but if it doesn't actually meet anyone's needs, it isn't productive (except maybe to you). The art of being successful is figuring out how to meet others' needs without putting out a lot of effort on your own part. So, you find something that you love doing and are naturally good at (therefore not a lot of effort on your part to do) that also meets others' needs (therefore you get paid to do it!).
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

    A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

  9. #65039
    ♂ Bᴏʀɴ Tᴏ Mᴀᴋᴇ Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Posts
    6,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    In terms of WORK, putting the customers' needs above your own in paramount. It isn't about being a doormat, but about being productive. You can do something really "productive", but if it doesn't actually meet anyone's needs, it isn't productive (except maybe to you). The art of being successful is figuring out how to meet others' needs without putting out a lot of effort on your own part. So, you find something that you love doing and are naturally good at (therefore not a lot of effort on your part to do) that also meets others' needs (therefore you get paid to do it!).
    If it's just about work then why did she bother mentioning things like safe spaces?
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious

  10. #65040
    Happy Dancer Array uumlau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so
    Posts
    5,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yamato Nadeshiko View Post
    If it's just about work then why did she bother mentioning things like safe spaces?
    Because in real life, there are no such things as "safe spaces".

    Work life has no safe spaces at all, because you are FORCED to work with other people, no matter how disagreeable.
    Home life, unless you live entirely alone, has no safe spaces, because you are forced to live with other people.

    So the only way to have any true safe spaces is to be an unemployed hermit who lives off the land. Or a college student.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

    A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes Osprey liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread
    By Giggly in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 640
    Last Post: 12-19-2016, 09:42 AM
  2. [NT] Random thought thread (NT version)
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 10-22-2016, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •