User Tag List

Page 6477 of 6772 FirstFirst ... 5477597763776427646764756476647764786479648765276577 ... LastLast
Results 64,761 to 64,770 of 67712

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

ISFJs with a great deal of Ti are kind of scary, like in a good way, but they scare you off with how freaking smart they actually can be.

hEARTLESS Aenima Array Blackout's Avatar
    MBTI
    ???
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    ??? None

I'm going to diss my country some more, and it's probably like this in a lot of other places, but I wonder if Canada is really all that conducive to artists or even supportive. At least when it comes to "art scenes" and real urban culture I don't think Canada is not only supportive but also stifling.
    (or even that much of an underground scene)
    I remember I used to read monthly my favorite art magazine "juxatapoz" and there weren't really that many artists from Canada, if at all.

"liberal" by Canadian standards really means big government and a weird aristocratic or old European, monarch style of of governance or something. I was trying to think of why people don't like me and why I can't find a place or any support/understanding or anything like that and there's just like, nothing for that, and everything is really by the book. I guess that's why so many people think Canada is so great; And it kind of sucks because I was thinking about how I'm in this really uptight and all things corporate business city and how the whole way of life revolves around that, and then I was thinking, "but wait, there's no inbetween places to go" and it's like you either live in the boonies or you live in some generic business obsessed city.

I guess there's at least Montreal, and maybe it's like that in most places where there's only one place to go that's really open minded.
    Now, I ride the Eternal winds once more! And none shall ever be my master!
    The Silver Surfer

Junior Member Array eisce faery's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    eii None

Savoring my depression because I learned it is good for me.

Damn American Cowboy Array Reborn Relic's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

So I was imagining how Pokemon Go could be used as a eugenics program of some kind earlier today and it was kind of fun to think about. Basically something along the lines of the program's risk levels increasing for certain users more than others, based on analysis of google hits and so on. The problem is that it couldn't be too overt in the killing. If said killings were spaced out enough, say, 1 person per town max for maybe 100 people a day, you could take out a good portion of "undesirables", but I don't know if it'd be enough...
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick."

--Theodore Roosevelt

“Be careful, lest in casting out your demon you exorcise the best thing in you.”

--Friedrich Nietzche

I have a Johari again

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn Relic View Post
    So I was imagining how Pokemon Go could be used as a eugenics program of some kind earlier today and it was kind of fun to think about. Basically something along the lines of the program's risk levels increasing for certain users more than others, based on analysis of google hits and so on. The problem is that it couldn't be too overt in the killing. If said killings were spaced out enough, say, 1 person per town max for maybe 100 people a day, you could take out a good portion of "undesirables", but I don't know if it'd be enough...
    I always wonder how the undesirables are determined though, I think there's been a great many of these shady eugenics initiatives for a long time now, I think that a lot of the support for libertarianism has a mean streak, hoping that populations will die by their own hand, as though that could really be consequence free for everyone else at the same time.

Anyone who understands anything about disease and epidemics know that.

ggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Array Anaximander's Avatar

I think my boss is trying to groom me to eventually replace her. I don't want to work 12 hours a day.
    Likes geedoenfj, Cloudpatrol liked this post

Damn American Cowboy Array Reborn Relic's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I always wonder how the undesirables are determined though,
    In this case you could have an online IQ test, or prior research for correlations between certain facebook likes or google searches and IQ/political preference/criminality.

Though, I should note, this is just a fun story concept for me. I'm not a believer in negative eugenics (things that don't involve harm to people I might be more able to get behind--e.g. sperm donation--though that bears some possible caveats because of the effects of not being raised by one's biological parents)

I think there's been a great many of these shady eugenics initiatives for a long time now, I think that a lot of the support for libertarianism has a mean streak, hoping that populations will die by their own hand, as though that could really be consequence free for everyone else at the same time.
    I could buy this, honestly, although it's not the core of libertarianism I would say.

Anyone who understands anything about disease and epidemics know that.
    Well, inevitably the failsafes fail, perhaps. And the sudden population drop might impact them in a long-term sort of way. Not sure of the actual extent though.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick."

--Theodore Roosevelt

“Be careful, lest in casting out your demon you exorcise the best thing in you.”

--Friedrich Nietzche

I have a Johari again

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    I think my boss is trying to groom me to eventually replace her. I don't want to work 12 hours a day.
    Her... or her husband?

Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w3

I have a copy of Super Hexagon which I can give as a gift on Steam. Just talk to me if you want it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Petrahygen View Post
    I have a copy of Super Hexagon which I can give as a gift on Steam. Just tell me if you want it.
    Battle of the Super Hexagons:

Home base:

versus the Challenger: