User Tag List

Page 6461 of 6784 FirstFirst ... 5461596163616411645164596460646164626463647165116561 ... LastLast
Results 64,601 to 64,610 of 67839

Thread: Random Thought Thread

I like ice cream Array Enthusiastic_Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I did some good training once which along with a source of income, system of values etc. listed a source of joy as one of the most important aspects of life.

I think its pretty important but I also tend to have difficulty in identifying my source of joy or joy as opposed to being merely happy and you know what they say about being happy, the minute you ask yourself if you are happy you cease to be so.
    The difficulty I have in tapping into my source of joy in life, is I find it to be more of a state of mind, rather than a physical place, thing, or anything tangible that you can easily identify and check off a list as having obtained.

However, when I get to that point, all the noise around me seems to fade, and I feel refreshed once again and ready to battle the daily stresses of life. Overall, I would say I am happy with my life, but this particular mental state of mind is, unfortunately, rather short lived until I come across it again.

To me, part of obtaining that mental place, is allowing myself to think larger picture and to observe my life, where I am and where I sit in the larger framework of things. It's a sort of recentering that I must do every so often to maintain my inner composure and mental health. At least, in this very moment, I can say I have identified joy and I am happy.
    A mind wanders as does the soul

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams".
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

"I or E: NF or ENTP, you'll always be ARET to me. Ambiverting, Rational thinking, Emoting, and Trailblazing since the 90's"
    -Cloudpatrol

Love you Clouds!

raised from perdition Array EJCC's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Summer is a lot easier to deal with when you just accept that you will always be sweaty and disheveled, and that there's nothing you can do about it.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Summer is a lot easier to deal with when you just accept that you will always be sweaty and disheveled, and that there's nothing you can do about it.
    It has been in the 60's and raining here since Thursday. I am sooooo thankful for it given how awful last summer was.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

raised from perdition Array EJCC's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Moths in my pantry.

Ants in my bedroom.

Cockroaches in my backyard.

A BEETLE ON MY FACE.

and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes N/A, labyrinthine, Yamato Nadeshiko liked this post

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

Red Dead Redemption was made backwards compatible for the Xbox One the other day.

It's kind of whack, but playing it now, I continuously have this overwhelming urge to weep. It's such a beautiful game.
    the bees made honey in the lion's skull

Likes lumi liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Barack Obama attacks Polish democracy in a speech... Polish TV changes speech | Americas | News | The Independent

Barack Obama attacks Polish democracy in a speech... Polish TV changes speech

Amid fears of a rollback of Poland’s democratic freedoms, President Obama had a harsh message of concern during a trip here for a NATO summit.

But viewers of Poland’s main evening news program saw exactly the opposite.

Obama’s tough message Friday, standing alongside Polish President Andrzej Duda, was that he “expressed to President Duda our concerns over certain actions and the impasse around the Poland’s Constitutional Tribunal.”

“More work needs to be done,” Obama said. “And as your friend and ally, we've urged all parties to work together to sustain Poland’s democratic institutions.”

But viewers of Telewizja Polska, the main public broadcaster, saw a very different suggestion on the evening news.

“Ninety-five percent of the meeting was about issues of NATO and security, but Obama praised Polish efforts at democracy,” the reporter said. “Concerning the issue of the constitutional tribunal, he said he is sure that spreading democratic values in Poland will not stop.”

Then the broadcaster played a clip of Obama’s friendly cushioning of his criticism, while skipping the substance of the message.

In the clip played on Polish television, Obama was also translated by a dubbed voice-over as saying that “Poland is and will be an example of democracy for the whole world.”

What he actually said was that “Poland stands and needs to continue to stand as an example for democratic practices around the world.”

More than 100 journalists have been dismissed or have resigned from Poland’s public broadcaster this year, a measure of the major changes underway there. Some journalists say that anyone perceived as critical of the Law and Justice party is now under threat. Shortly after the party took office, it changed laws giving Poland’s Finance Ministry the direct power to appoint the head of the broadcaster. The new head is Jacek Kurski, a member of the Law and Justice party and a former member of European Parliament.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari
    Likes Reborn Relic liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Oh, and in Japan Shinzo Abe now has the 2/3 majority he needs to trash the constitution and do away with constitutional principles he dislikes such as the prohibition of war and equality of the sexes. Voter turnout was extremely low (under 33% two hours before polls closed), especially considering what was at stake.

Fun times are these.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Oh, and in Japan Shinzo Abe now has the 2/3 majority he needs to trash the constitution and do away with constitutional principles he dislikes such as the prohibition of war and equality of the sexes. Voter turnout was extremely low (under 33% two hours before polls closed), especially considering what was at stake.

Fun times are these.
    Maybe liberalism's high water mark was a few years back.

Or maybe liberals focused on the wrong things (again) and were no prepared when the 11th hour arrived.
    Likes SearchingforPeace liked this post

MBTI
    ISFJ

So. Tired.

#yaaaaassss

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Gotta catch them none.