User Tag List

Page 6436 of 6772 FirstFirst ... 5436593663366386642664346435643664376438644664866536 ... LastLast
Results 64,351 to 64,360 of 67712

Thread: Random Thought Thread

  1. #64351
    deplorable basketcase Array Tellenbach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    3,143

    Default

    Should we really be wasting helium on balloons? It's a non-renewable resource; once it's gone, it's gone for good.
    If bees did go extinct, we could always hire people to dress up as bees and pollinate flowers with tiny feather dusters. Sure it'd be more expensive, but there are also millions of idle teens.
    Likes Crabs liked this post

  2. #64352
    Fantasticality. Array Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    5,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    "I think part of the reason why you're finding a lot of INFJs quickly typing themselves as Sixes...."


    ^Um what? Where are a lot of INFJs typing themselves as 6s? No one types themselves as 6...but especially not INFJs. Do you have a link to this article?
    Here is the link: Introspective to a Fault: INFJ and Enneagram Types Six and Four

    That quote makes sense to me as the majority of INFJ's I have met throughout the Internet in my experience type themselves as 6. (It was mostly on fb, making me think they were ISFJ's)

    Have you changed your mind about my enneatype? :gasp:
    [Interviewer: "What was it like to be defined by being beautiful?"]
    Connelly: "It's uncomfortable to talk about - there's no way to come off right! If you say you are beautiful, you sound obnoxious, and if you deny it, doesn't that sound obnoxious?"
    Likes N/A liked this post

  3. #64353
    Fantasticality. Array Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    5,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    Should we really be wasting helium on balloons? It's a non-renewable resource; once it's gone, it's gone for good.
    This may be good news to you.
    Huge helium gas find in east Africa averts medical shortage | Science | The Guardian
    [Interviewer: "What was it like to be defined by being beautiful?"]
    Connelly: "It's uncomfortable to talk about - there's no way to come off right! If you say you are beautiful, you sound obnoxious, and if you deny it, doesn't that sound obnoxious?"
    Likes Tellenbach liked this post

  4. #64354
    So she did. Array small.wonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so
    Posts
    964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post


    Interesting article.
    @Starry
    Say what?! If INFJs are prone to anxiety (hard to believe if they lead with Ni, which seems to be conclusive, not indecisive at all!) then I'm soooo not one at all.

    I have always thought INFJ to be much more on the zen calm side, than the flighty side. In truth, I've always found it hard to buy INFJ correlating to anything but 1, 4, 5 and 9 because of that (among other things).

    Also @Starry I'm with you on the fact that people rarely mistype as 6's. Loyalists often mistype as quite a variety of other things though, because of their indecision and skepticism.
    Find my Enneagram writing here, and ethical boutique here.✨
    Likes Starry, themightyfetus, Ene liked this post

  5. #64355
    Rape Holess Array
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    Here is the link: Introspective to a Fault: INFJ and Enneagram Types Six and Four

    That quote makes sense to me as the majority of INFJ's I have met throughout the Internet in my experience type themselves as 6. (It was mostly on fb, making me think they were ISFJ's)

    Have you changed your mind about my enneatype? :gasp:

    Thank you. And thank you for knowing that this would be interesting to me.

    I should include here that while we may pursue different internets...part of what may be the discrepancy here for me is that in my mind most of the INFJs on the internet are not, in fact, INFJs. I will read the article when I get...somewhere else...and will see if this alters my thinking some in this regard but just that first verse I quoted caused me to close my mind.

    And yes, at least as of right now, I do still believe you are 6w5cp
    *scandalous*
    Through every forest, above the trees
    Within my stomach, scraped off my knees
    I drink the honey inside your hive
    You are the reason I stay alive

  6. #64356
    Rape Holess Array
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    Here is the link: Introspective to a Fault: INFJ and Enneagram Types Six and Four

    That quote makes sense to me as the majority of INFJ's I have met throughout the Internet in my experience type themselves as 6. (It was mostly on fb, making me think they were ISFJ's)

    Have you changed your mind about my enneatype? :gasp:

    Real quick - I'm not familiar with Sigilkitty...the blogger that wrote this article... But what I can say is that I don't share their understanding of e6 to begin with [edit: as it pertains to the NFJ]. This person seems to be overfocusing on authority...and while I've never met an INFJ...regardless of e-point that doesn't keep a constant eye on authority...the issue goes far deeper than that in my mind and isn't even remotely isolated to individual fear. To the contrary...I think many INFJs do not fear for themselves but for others.

    The primary fear is exploitation. How easy it is for people to be eaten alive by a system and no one can stop it from happening because no one sees it... but the INFJ. That to me all INFJs...but 6w5cp...and a small fraction of INFJs that are 8s will be the most vocal and/or combative here.

    So in the end... Sigilkitty did nothing to change my thinking.
    Through every forest, above the trees
    Within my stomach, scraped off my knees
    I drink the honey inside your hive
    You are the reason I stay alive
    Likes Forever liked this post

  7. #64357
    Fantasticality. Array Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    5,308

    Default

    @Starry I'll send you my response in a private message.
    [Interviewer: "What was it like to be defined by being beautiful?"]
    Connelly: "It's uncomfortable to talk about - there's no way to come off right! If you say you are beautiful, you sound obnoxious, and if you deny it, doesn't that sound obnoxious?"
    Likes Starry liked this post

  8. #64358
    Fantasticality. Array Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    5,308

    Default

    @small.wonder I don't think it's Ni that gives the high anxiety. It's the sensitive inferior Se picking everything up.

    5's are also very anxious types. So you might want to throw it out too if you think INFJ's are non anxious as well.

    You also need to remember that there is Fe and they tend to bleed out more. We need to forget the tv and movie examples of INFJ's. They're fictional characters. (Not saying that's what you were focusing on but I think people can idealize INFJ's and INTJ's to that extent.) we're stranger than fiction.

    4's feel fundamentally different so the outcast isn't pleasant. I cannot think any enneatype but 9 (even then internally with them ) where anxiety of some sort doesn't play a role. Each of the 9 types has a fear. Fear manifests itself in anxiety.
    [Interviewer: "What was it like to be defined by being beautiful?"]
    Connelly: "It's uncomfortable to talk about - there's no way to come off right! If you say you are beautiful, you sound obnoxious, and if you deny it, doesn't that sound obnoxious?"

  9. #64359
    Be Concerned - TØP Array themightyfetus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,499

    Default

    Yesterday, my first day on the sales floor, I dropped a can of baby food prunes. Another associate said it wasn't a big deal. I freaked out for a couple seconds, and then quietly chuckled.

    Because, you know, it's prunes.
    I don't mean to pry, but why would you even make the eyes?


    6w7-2w3-9w1
    Likes N/A liked this post

  10. #64360
    So she did. Array small.wonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so
    Posts
    964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    @small.wonder I don't think it's Ni that gives the high anxiety. It's the sensitive inferior Se picking everything up.

    5's are also very anxious types. So you might want to throw it out too if you think INFJ's are non anxious as well.

    You also need to remember that there is Fe and they tend to bleed out more. We need to forget the tv and movie examples of INFJ's. They're fictional characters. (Not saying that's what you were focusing on but I think people can idealize INFJ's and INTJ's to that extent.) we're stranger than fiction.

    4's feel fundamentally different so the outcast isn't pleasant. I cannot think any enneatype but 9 (even then internally with them ) where anxiety of some sort doesn't play a role. Each of the 9 types has a fear. Fear manifests itself in anxiety.
    5's are only anxious when put in unfamiliar, or social situations, or when they feel not knowledgeable enough about something. It's true that each Enneagram type has a fear, but fear and anxiety are different things. Fear manifests very differently based on what that fear is of-- fear of having no true identity tends to result in agonizing and being negative, rather than being suspicious and worried about harmful things happening (the latter, I would call anxiety, not the former). So no, not all of the types are prone to anxiety. 2, 3, 6 and 9 (b/c of its connection to 6) are those that I have most often repeatedly observed anxiety in. Other types are not without their damning traits, which can be depression, fits of anger, avoidance, self-blindness, deceit, etc.

    I'm not sure I'm even familiar with fictitious character examples of INFJ, I usually avoid the famous people/characters examples because half the time I don't know who they are.

    In truth, I'm thinking about the few INFJs that I know who have a firm grasp on MBTI, and who don't exploit it for their own purposes-- @Ene for example, or @fidelia. And second, I think about how often my calmness is commented on by others IRL, and in situations where everyone is freaking out, I am usually not.

    In fact, this has often been a point I've noted about 6+7 friends, that they feel like they have a strong sense of intuition that is actually skepticism and fear. Intuition and skepticism cannot coexist in my logic, they're just opposites. I do see how anxiety-fueled suspicion can masquerade as intuition though-- making the suspicious person feel like they know this person is ______________. I tend to compare it to McCarthyism, red-scare stuff. That's anxiety, not intuition.
    Find my Enneagram writing here, and ethical boutique here.✨
    Likes Kaizer liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread
    By Giggly in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 622
    Last Post: 10-28-2016, 07:32 PM
  2. [NT] Random thought thread (NT version)
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 10-22-2016, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO