User Tag List

Page 6383 of 6772 FirstFirst ... 5383588362836333637363816382638363846385639364336483 ... LastLast
Results 63,821 to 63,830 of 67719

Thread: Random Thought Thread

hEARTLESS Aenima Array Blackout's Avatar
    MBTI
    ???
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    ??? None

Quote Originally Posted by meowington View Post
    I know, she won't accept what she's supposed at her age.

It makes me wonder how things will be in the future
    Now, I ride the Eternal winds once more! And none shall ever be my master!
    The Silver Surfer

Likes meowington liked this post

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    There is something marginally depressing about room temperature kiwifruit.
    is it not chill enough for you?

i feel like iif a time traveller far from the future came and brought technology to any point in the past after 1900 he'd be better received than if he traveled to a time before 1900
    by @magpie

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    is it not chill enough for you?

i feel like iif a time traveller far from the future came and brought technology to any point in the past after 1900 he'd be better received than if he traveled to a time before 1900
    I think the best would be to travel to a time where people had already started telling stories about time travel. I guess stories where people fall asleep for a long time, then wake up, count as time travel. How long have people been telling this? I mean Rip Van Winkle is pretty old.
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    I think the best would be to travel to a time where people had already started telling stories about time travel. I guess stories where people fall asleep for a long time, then wake up, count as time travel. How long have people been telling this? I mean Rip Van Winkle is pretty old.
    but what about the salem witch trials? and that time period you'd have to consider that if you traveled to certain time periods people would accuse you of being a witch and burn you at the stake because you can turn your urine into candy bars.
    by @magpie

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

but what about the salem witch trials? and that time period you'd have to consider that if you traveled to certain time periods people would accuse you of being a witch and burn you at the stake because you can turn your urine into candy bars.
    Rip Van Winkle was written after the Salem Witch Trials, so no fear there. As for turning urine into candy bars, I have no such power, and may either be disgusted or delighted to learn of such abilities.

MBTI
    yupp

Rip Van Winkle was written after the Salem Witch Trials, so no fear there. As for turning urine into candy bars, I have no such power, and may either be disgusted or delighted to learn of such abilities.
    i was refering to a time traveler that is more in the future than us. I have no clue what technologies there are but i'm sure if i put it on the internet someone will begin the process of figuring out how to so. i like to consider it my contribution to the future.
    by @magpie

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

i was refering to a time traveler that is more in the future than us. I have no clue what technologies there are but i'm sure if i put it on the internet someone will begin the process of figuring out how to so. i like to consider it my contribution to the future.
    I'd be most interested if they figured out a way to make round hot dogs that fit on a hamburger bun.

I've dropped to being in the top 1000 from being in the top 500 on amazon, I wanted to be in the top 100 but now its looking like a distant dream.

COMPLETED THE ESSAY ENTRY AND TURNED IN 9 MINUTES BEFORE WE CLOSE.

MWUAHAHAHAHA.

Honestly, procrastination as motivation does not get the credit that it deserves.
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."
    Likes Mad Hatter, EJCC, Petrahygen liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

You inspired me to look that up. Turns out sleep-related time travel a la Rip van Winkel has been around for a very long time (definitely over 1000 years). There is also a French novel that's similar to Van Winkel but 50 years older
    Time machines are a product of the industrial age (which I find highly interesting, technology replaces magic) and started appearing in literature shortly before Wells popapularized the concept.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari