User Tag List

Page 6379 of 6772 FirstFirst ... 5379587962796329636963776378637963806381638964296479 ... LastLast
Results 63,781 to 63,790 of 67720

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Ingrid in grids View Post
    I'm not an expert on type (or you!); I argue for 3 or 4 based on the themes that I see arising from your posts here. Image seems to be something you value quite strongly, and image also appears to contribute significantly to the value you attribute to others. You also seem to have an intuitive grasp on personal branding. I'm not sure whether I'd place you as 3w4 or 4w3.

I read somewhere that 3s are one of the most common to misidentify as other types. I have seen you identify as a slew of other types during your time here, usually on facets of your personality or experiences, rather than underlying drive: e.g., perfectionist streak means 1, a kind or pleasant disposition means 9, an intellectual bent means 5, etc.

I'd be wary of looking to certain behaviours in childhood as evidence of enneatype in themselves. I have met adult 8s who claimed to have been sweet, sensitive and accomodating in childhood too.

Also, different enneatypes throughout life kind of goes against the enneagram's psychoanalytic approach to assessing personality. The theory is centred on the idea that certain experiences or trauma in childhood inform the beliefs and coping strategies an individual develops later in life. It's categorical, not a matter of degree.
    Hmm. So when I was young, I hoped to be everybody's friend now that I think about it. I wanted to have a good image of how people saw me. I was the good boy. If I messed up I usually was very hard on myself more than people would be. But I'm pretty good at not stay depressed for too long unless it's been too consistent.

I guess the 3's thing is that they work very hard at maintaining their image and will not stop working. When I get depressed I procrastinate I imagine and I curl up sometimes just sulking unnecessarily. I even get aware to the point of why am I doing this and then I just stare into blank space.

When I was in 5th grade I acted goofy so that all the guys liked me and they did but that was only for one year and idk wtf was up with middle school but suddenly I was a hero to a zero.

So I could be a 3 without having to work tirelessly? I think about others all the time. I even thought if I had to go back and redo high school, I would've taken drama classes.

Ok you're starting to sound real convincing ingrids but so was another member at vent last night saying I was a core 9. Although for most times as a 9 I don't relate to 8 or 1 really except when I get into certain moods.

I guess my perfectionistic is to impress others and not really for myself. I could care less what I think if everyone else is loving it. But still needs to be authentic. Like I'd hate to be liked for something over popularized like Star Wars because it's then that not really me. Also I do agree I have narcissistic tendencies but definitely not a narcissist myself.

I always felt like I could flip the switch and get people to love me but at the end of the day it was my goal to get people to like me for who I truly was and I would go on in depression for the sake of it and avoid all those who liked the image of me but rather those that loved me for who I was.

I did also tend to go for women who dressed well or were good looking and fit a cool personality type. Although when I was younger I was too needy or desperate to get them to like me. It wasn't until I was college age I could master the personality of a suave man but it feels so unnatural.
    [Interviewer: "What was it like to be defined by being beautiful?"]
    Connelly: "It's uncomfortable to talk about - there's no way to come off right! If you say you are beautiful, you sound obnoxious, and if you deny it, doesn't that sound obnoxious?"

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I need to relearn photoshop. After a year of not having a laptop, this is really getting to me. It took me three freaking hours to do such a simple signature!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I trust whatever people say, I am naive and I trust others simply too much and then I look like a childish fool.
    Likes geedoenfj, Punderstorm liked this post

Be Concerned - TØP Array themightyfetus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    I think my forum behavior is much like this.

What type do you believe me to be then?
    I was going to say 4w3, but I see you've already changed it. 4w3/9w8/7w6 maybe?
    I don't mean to pry, but why would you even make the eyes?

6w7-2w3-9w1
    Likes Punderstorm liked this post

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

the dog and I practiced howling... he's getting better at it and it's adorable
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

Retired Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII Fi

@Forever, I think that both e3 and e9 really want to be liked and validated, and both are sensitive to signals (perhaps too sensitive) when they feel they are not receiving this. However, the reactions of these types to the discomfort of that situation is quite different. I think that e9s will tend to withdraw, disappear, disengage. e3s on the other hand will try harder, sometimes to their own detriment. As both types (or all types, really) get older, we care less about these things, and it becomes less of a concern all together.

I have trouble seeing you as an e9 because of the emphasis on avoidance, disengagement, "checking out," that I think it pretty integral to the way that e9s cope with stress. I have seen you become more testy at times when under threat or stress.

I don't know enough about e4 to be much of a further help on whether you are 3w4 vs. 4w3.

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

also i'm the last post in the rant thread dunno what i ranted about and sure i could go look but i'd rather believe that whatever i ranted about was so good that i ended all rants.
    by @magpie

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Ingrid in grids View Post
    @Forever, I think that both e3 and e9 really want to be liked and validated, and both are sensitive to signals (perhaps too sensitive) when they feel they are not receiving this. However, the reactions of these types to the discomfort of that situation is quite different. I think that e9s will tend to withdraw, disappear, disengage. e3s on the other hand will try harder, sometimes to their own detriment. As both types (or all types, really) get older, we care less about these things, and it becomes less of a concern all together.

I have trouble seeing you as an e9 because of the emphasis on avoidance, disengagement, "checking out," that I think it pretty integral to the way that e9s cope with stress. I have seen you become more testy at times when under threat or stress.

I don't know enough about e4 to be much of a further help on whether you are 3w4 vs. 4w3.
    In real life I tend to withdraw from situations much more than online because as safe as a community here, if I am threatened with my life then the mods do what they can to ensure that won't happen whereas in real life there isn't going to be a cop or somebody to call for help so I tend to not be stupid and get hurt for sticking up to myself when it's unnecessary or the thing may be more trivial than I thought it would have been.

I always felt that I need to do what was done as I got older because I started to see people around me as more lazy and incompetent but I knew I was too in some aspects, definitely in school. Not that I couldn't learn because given the resources and my devotion to the subject anything is possible although I may take longer than some but once I got that subject down I was a master at it.

I could still be a 3. The integration to a 6 and disintegration to a 9 is interesting. Then there's the 4 integrating to a 1 and distintegrating to a 2.
    They both seem plausible to me. What's weird is that I tend to stick to sexual things more when I am either feeling on top of the world or just want my life to waste away and forget about it all. I'm also young so maybe that isn't a factor but idk I seem to pride on authenticity whenever I can even as I said before detriment to my social standing.

Did I forget to mention I love animals?!
    I hug dogs and cats and scratch them and animals can't stop following me around. I love them because they are so lovable. That's pretty 9 lol. And yet I am not a vegan.

Some people say I should be a veterinarian.
    [Interviewer: "What was it like to be defined by being beautiful?"]
    Connelly: "It's uncomfortable to talk about - there's no way to come off right! If you say you are beautiful, you sound obnoxious, and if you deny it, doesn't that sound obnoxious?"

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

I've been mistaken for having 8 in my tri type but I really think I have cp 6 which can easily be mistaken for 8. I don't think i lead with cp 6 but i'm up for cases if people think i do, but i think my tritype is some combination of 964
    by @magpie

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Default Random Thought Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Inis Mona View Post
    I trust whatever people say, I am naive and I trust others simply too much and then I look like a childish fool.
    I prefer to use "good hearted" rather than "naieve", INFPs sometimes assume people have good intentions, but people can disappoint us and turned to be the complete opposite of what we think they are.. it's ok we learn from our experiences in life to grow wiser, we must not do the same mistake twice..
    I think it's useful to always have a space for cautiousness of who we trust, don't think of it as we're supposed to "doubt" people, obviously we can never know what intentions people have, it's more of a general rule that we need to follow to protect ourselves..
    Yeah.. Whatever...
    Work for a cause not for Applause
    Live to express not to Impress

6w7 > 4w3 > 1w2
    Likes prplchknz, Fay, Punderstorm liked this post