User Tag List

  1. #63611

    Default

    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle


    Likes Xann, EJCC, uumlau, SpankyMcFly, meowington and 1 others liked this post

  2. #63612
    Unapologetically Curious Enthusiastic_Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    1,932

    Default

    As much as I dislike the negative connotations often applied to free spirits, aka, "hippies", I can't deny that I am one myself to a large degree. Sure I work at a corporate job but in my heart, I'm a total free wheeling free spirit, and I'm ok with that.
    "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams".
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

  3. #63613
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,606

    Default

    "No longer did politicians set out to change the world, instead they saw their job as nothing more than to deliver what these free individuals wanted. And at the same time, we too came to think of ourselves as simplified beings, whose behaviour and even feelings could be analysed objectively by scientific systems that told us what was the normal way to feel.

    And both we & our leaders have come to believe that this is the true definition of freedom; there is no other.

    The architects of our present world set us a terrible trap; in seeking to protect us from the dangers of the 'other' kind of freedom, they led us into a world without meaning.
    "

    - Adam Curtis, The Trap Part 3 "We Will Force You to Be Free"
    'Consciousness is not simply a sensory-perceptual affair, a matter of mental imagery, as the contents of our mind would have us believe. It is deeply enmeshed with the brain mechanisms that automatically promote action readiness' - Jaak Panksepp

  4. #63614
    Damn American Cowboy Reborn Relic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    518

    Default

    God, I'm loving these Climate Change threads. I feel like I'm contributing a lot more, and learning a lot more, and I don't get told I'm a horrible human being in the process.

    Reminds me of my old NationStates days. Huzzah.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick."

    --Theodore Roosevelt


    “Be careful, lest in casting out your demon you exorcise the best thing in you.”

    --Friedrich Nietzche

    I have a Johari again

  5. #63615
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    1,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mask View Post
    NationStates days
    Oh I was on that ages ago. NationStates general anyway. Years before this place existed.

    I can't remember the climate threads then, so I can't measure your sarcasm.

  6. #63616
    Damn American Cowboy Reborn Relic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erm View Post
    Oh I was on that ages ago. NationStates general anyway.

    I can't remember the climate threads then, so I can't measure your sarcasm.
    0, actually. Probably helps that I don't have a scientific background really, so I'm encountering more of this for the first time. But even so.

    NSG did get a good deal worse in...probably around 2013 or so, but before that we had really great discussions a lot of the time. And a lot of that worse came from my own emotional place about feminism, too. I wasn't really involved in the climate discussions for any of that time. I was more discussing anarchism, age of consent, and abortion. Plus some of my own ideas which aren't really on the news radar at all.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick."

    --Theodore Roosevelt


    “Be careful, lest in casting out your demon you exorcise the best thing in you.”

    --Friedrich Nietzche

    I have a Johari again

  7. #63617
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    1,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mask View Post
    0, actually. Probably helps that I don't have a scientific background really, so I'm encountering more of this for the first time. But even so.

    NSG did get a good deal worse in...probably around 2013 or so, but before that we had really great discussions a lot of the time. And a lot of that worse came from my own emotional place about feminism, too. I wasn't really involved in the climate discussions for any of that time. I was more discussing anarchism, age of consent, and abortion. Plus some of my own ideas which aren't really on the news radar at all.
    Oh okay. I was probably there around 2005-6. I trolled that place because I was much more of a dick then, so my perspective is distorted, and my positions were very different. I imagine the climate threads there were pretty good and relatively science-based?

  8. #63618
    Damn American Cowboy Reborn Relic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erm View Post
    Oh okay. I was probably there around 2005-6. I trolled that place because I was much more of a dick then, so my perspective is distorted, and my positions were very different. I imagine the climate threads there were pretty good and relatively science-based?
    *nods* I might've been on NS around 2006, but I didn't really check out the forums at that point. I really started doing that at around 2008. Because of the politics and RP, I stayed for a really long time--pretty much throughout high school.

    The climate threads could've been. I hadn't been paying attention, really. But there were some intelligent people on there, so they could have supplied the science. I actually doubt the majority of the forum community delved too deeply into it, though, we were relatively light in terms of full-bore stats on things.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick."

    --Theodore Roosevelt


    “Be careful, lest in casting out your demon you exorcise the best thing in you.”

    --Friedrich Nietzche

    I have a Johari again

  9. #63619
    You are what you love themightyfetus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si
    Posts
    2,571

    Default

    I see that a member has been permabanned and it's not in the ban thread. The curiosity is eating at me, because I'm a meddling little snot.
    Do what your younger self never thought she could do.
    Be who she always dreamed of being.
    Darling, make that little girl proud
    .

    2w3 // 6w7 // 9w1

  10. #63620
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    infj None
    Posts
    1,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic_Dreamer View Post
    As much as I dislike the negative connotations often applied to free spirits, aka, "hippies", I can't deny that I am one myself to a large degree. Sure I work at a corporate job but in my heart, I'm a total free wheeling free spirit, and I'm ok with that.
    I've never thought there was anything wrong with being a free-spirit, really.

    It's just how some people are.

    HAMBURGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread
    By Giggly in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 718
    Last Post: Today, 03:24 AM
  2. [NT] Random thought thread (NT version)
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 10-22-2016, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts