User Tag List

Page 6362 of 6765 FirstFirst ... 5362586262626312635263606361636263636364637264126462 ... LastLast
Results 63,611 to 63,620 of 67642

Thread: Random Thought Thread

“The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle

Likes Xann, EJCC, uumlau, SpankyMcFly, meowington and 1 others liked this post

I like ice cream Array Enthusiastic_Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

As much as I dislike the negative connotations often applied to free spirits, aka, "hippies", I can't deny that I am one myself to a large degree. Sure I work at a corporate job but in my heart, I'm a total free wheeling free spirit, and I'm ok with that.
    A mind wanders as does the soul

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams".
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

"I or E: NF or ENTP, you'll always be ARET to me. Ambiverting, Rational thinking, Emoting, and Trailblazing since the 90's"
    -Cloudpatrol

Love you Clouds!

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

"No longer did politicians set out to change the world, instead they saw their job as nothing more than to deliver what these free individuals wanted. And at the same time, we too came to think of ourselves as simplified beings, whose behaviour and even feelings could be analysed objectively by scientific systems that told us what was the normal way to feel.

And both we & our leaders have come to believe that this is the true definition of freedom; there is no other.

The architects of our present world set us a terrible trap; in seeking to protect us from the dangers of the 'other' kind of freedom, they led us into a world without meaning.
    "

- Adam Curtis, The Trap Part 3 "We Will Force You to Be Free"
    "An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm

Damn American Cowboy Array Reborn Relic's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

God, I'm loving these Climate Change threads. I feel like I'm contributing a lot more, and learning a lot more, and I don't get told I'm a horrible human being in the process.

Reminds me of my old NationStates days. Huzzah.
    “Be careful, lest in casting out your demon you exorcise the best thing in you.”

--Friedrich Nietzche

I have a Johari again

There are vices in government more destructive than natural plagues. An error of this kind depopulates and impoverishes a kingdom. If the most severe, the most profound speculation is ever necessary, it is in those public and problematic cases, where reasons of equal weight hold the judgement in equilibrium. -LSM

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by The Mask View Post
    NationStates days
    Oh I was on that ages ago. NationStates general anyway. Years before this place existed.

I can't remember the climate threads then, so I can't measure your sarcasm.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by erm View Post
    Oh I was on that ages ago. NationStates general anyway.

I can't remember the climate threads then, so I can't measure your sarcasm.
    0, actually. Probably helps that I don't have a scientific background really, so I'm encountering more of this for the first time. But even so.

NSG did get a good deal worse in...probably around 2013 or so, but before that we had really great discussions a lot of the time. And a lot of that worse came from my own emotional place about feminism, too. I wasn't really involved in the climate discussions for any of that time. I was more discussing anarchism, age of consent, and abortion. Plus some of my own ideas which aren't really on the news radar at all.
    “Be careful, lest in casting out your demon you exorcise the best thing in you.”

--Friedrich Nietzche

I have a Johari again

There are vices in government more destructive than natural plagues. An error of this kind depopulates and impoverishes a kingdom. If the most severe, the most profound speculation is ever necessary, it is in those public and problematic cases, where reasons of equal weight hold the judgement in equilibrium. -LSM

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by The Mask View Post
    0, actually. Probably helps that I don't have a scientific background really, so I'm encountering more of this for the first time. But even so.

NSG did get a good deal worse in...probably around 2013 or so, but before that we had really great discussions a lot of the time. And a lot of that worse came from my own emotional place about feminism, too. I wasn't really involved in the climate discussions for any of that time. I was more discussing anarchism, age of consent, and abortion. Plus some of my own ideas which aren't really on the news radar at all.
    Oh okay. I was probably there around 2005-6. I trolled that place because I was much more of a dick then, so my perspective is distorted, and my positions were very different. I imagine the climate threads there were pretty good and relatively science-based?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by erm View Post
    Oh okay. I was probably there around 2005-6. I trolled that place because I was much more of a dick then, so my perspective is distorted, and my positions were very different. I imagine the climate threads there were pretty good and relatively science-based?
    *nods* I might've been on NS around 2006, but I didn't really check out the forums at that point. I really started doing that at around 2008. Because of the politics and RP, I stayed for a really long time--pretty much throughout high school.

The climate threads could've been. I hadn't been paying attention, really. But there were some intelligent people on there, so they could have supplied the science. I actually doubt the majority of the forum community delved too deeply into it, though, we were relatively light in terms of full-bore stats on things.

--Friedrich Nietzche

I have a Johari again

Be Concerned - TØP Array themightyfetus's Avatar

I see that a member has been permabanned and it's not in the ban thread. The curiosity is eating at me, because I'm a meddling little snot.
    I don't mean to pry, but why would you even make the eyes?

6w7-2w3-9w1

hEARTLESS Aenima Array Blackout's Avatar
    MBTI
    ???
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    ??? None

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic_Dreamer View Post
    As much as I dislike the negative connotations often applied to free spirits, aka, "hippies", I can't deny that I am one myself to a large degree. Sure I work at a corporate job but in my heart, I'm a total free wheeling free spirit, and I'm ok with that.
    I've never thought there was anything wrong with being a free-spirit, really.

It's just how some people are.

HAMBURGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Now, I ride the Eternal winds once more! And none shall ever be my master!
    The Silver Surfer