User Tag List

Page 6361 of 6774 FirstFirst ... 5361586162616311635163596360636163626363637164116461 ... LastLast
Results 63,601 to 63,610 of 67733

Thread: Random Thought Thread

hEARTLESS Aenima Array Blackout's Avatar
    MBTI
    ???
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    ??? None

I don't believe in fate, but I feel like sometimes it's real. I feel sometimes like my life has predicted itself to me, and I am simply following a pre-determined path, and the universe is only simply guiding me towards it, but it is of utmost importance that I reach it.

I feel this, when I think that I have somehow reached or gained moments of the most clarity.

I feel like I am being pulled towards some kind of goal or specific place and I cannot stop it. It's like my whole life has been leading up to this point, and it's not the destination but the meaning along the way that makes all the difference....
    Now, I ride the Eternal winds once more! And none shall ever be my master!
    The Silver Surfer

MBTI
    ???
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    ??? None

I keep having these really emotional moments sometimes and It's almost like grief? I cannot seem to get over it.

When I listen to music I just think like "whoa, music really saved my life" I'm not saying that to be melodramatic, or hokey, but it really did. I don't know where I'd be sometimes. It sounds silly, but I guess it's really pathetic but that's really sad isn't it?

Well, I suppose it was one of the things that did. I would have just been lost, I don't know what I would have done, it really motivated me, and gave me things to believe in, and all those artists pointed me in the right direction and got me really questioning and wondering about what is really out there beyond the reality I was put and left into. Is that hallmark card sounding? It's nothing to be proud of, and it's not like claiming some kind of a privilege or anything. It just makes me sad, but then this love I feel towards it, and some artists is like family to me? I feel a family bond to them.

I think a lot of snooty pretentious art major/snobs say that. But it wasn't like that at all. Like I literally had nothing, I just followed music pretty much and it's like its' always guided me, or I found what I needed to through it or something. It's really weird.

I think this song seems particular to me a lot. I am not black or anything, but it's a good example.
    Because personally I think it starts with the feeling and first that grabs you, and slowly you start to really focus more and more on the lyrics, and it makes you start to question things around you, and the world you live in. I don't listen to rap all that often actually, I just get this sense that posting anything else would seem pretentious? But no, I have since noticed not all that long ago that music is really use to express messages and even ideas across to people. There's really a lot of hidden messages in a lot of music out there, if you can decipher them. I mean there actually is. Well, at least sort of, unless you grow up in an environment that is particularly supportive and understanding of intellectual endeavors a bit.

The Silver Surfer

Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

MBTI
    ???
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    ??? None

See, it's sort of like the first half of this song (not the rest, I cannot PERSONALLY RELATE TO It) but it serves what I am getting across. It's like this for a lot of people I think.

I just have this feeling, it always goes this way, I don't know why. What is this called "latchkey-kid" music? is this a adequate term...?
    I'm not saying that's what I acted like in the video, but it portrays it kind of.
    I don't know if in watching this, it completely helped him though, lol. I suppose it's normal a bit. I've just heard so many musicians say "I wanted to make my music...to get through to the kids..the kids that were like me...because that's what was there for me"

Who comes to my I know directly was Marilyn Manson and Brody Balle I remember reading that. I think for me though, it was bands like Radiohead, and the Smith's really. The smith's really stick out in my mind, and of course Nirvana etc.

I never did heroin and hard drugs like that but obviously a lot of street kids do. I have witnessed and seen it happen, it is quite sad.
    The Silver Surfer

MBTI
    :}

I still internet love @Ivy.

Maybe goes int the confession thread but yeah.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    It's all a lie when people tell you it's about how hard you work. It's all a lie.

I've just been thinking about this, and I just think...how many people I have known who push themselves beyond their limit, to the level of exertion and yet they so often it doesn't really lead to anything at all. They're in the same position before, and they're just fundamentally slaving away. It's good to have discipline and a good work ethic, but it's not always enough I don't think. I don't think I want to be someone who is perpetually someone who just grinds away all of the time, and continually am left in that position..

So what difference does it make then? it's all weird. I wonder if any of it really matters at all.

Is it really just networking then? I feel like it's almost leverage in a way. Working your leverage, or what you have, or something...

But I guess at the same time, it's not about the destination either? if you're happy with where you are. I almost feel like...it's all complicated.
    People want those who work smarter, not harder necessarily.
    [Interviewer: "What was it like to be defined by being beautiful?"]
    Connelly: "It's uncomfortable to talk about - there's no way to come off right! If you say you are beautiful, you sound obnoxious, and if you deny it, doesn't that sound obnoxious?"

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

I wonder if in some families not all but particularly the ones that insist on carrying on their family name would be ok with a daughter being a lesbian fine, but a son being gay would make them really upset.

I also want to be able to like likes. if someone likes something of yours on this forum I want to be able to like their like to say i like the fact that you liked my post thank you
    by @magpie
    Likes Yamato Nadeshiko liked this post

Google "chemtrails" Array Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    359 sp/so
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    People want those who work smarter, not harder necessarily.
    This. Additionally, I'd say that it's an open secret at the societal level, since hard work is an enormously strong virtue. (At the corporate, communal, and individual levels, it's easier to admit.) The underlying mantra there is that "direct effort = contribution."

We have a bunch of those sorts of open secrets. "Why, yes; I've never told a lie" and "Why, no; I've never deliberately stabbed someone in the arm with a pocket knife." Please. We've all done those things.
    J. Scott Crothers
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Bush Did 9/11 View Post
    This. Additionally, I'd say that it's an open secret at the societal level (though it's "admitted" at the individual or even corporate level) because hard work is an enormously strong virtue.

Like.. "Why, yes; I've never lusted after my friend's wife." And "Why no; I've never deliberately stabbed someone in the arm." Please. We've all done those things.
    I've never deliberately stabbed someone in the arm, i dunno if i ever lusted after my friend's wife It's possible
    by @magpie

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

You will never view lightsaber duels in quite the same way again:

An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes Ivy, meowington liked this post

breaking out of my cocoon Array SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    I honestly wonder why German tv is so bad. There is some decent journalism and satire, anything that depends on a few bright minds rather than a supporting system/infrastructure. But as soon as it comes to pure entertainment, things look bleak.

It can't really be the money. For crying out loud, the Danish, Norwegians, etc produce better, more modern stuff. The British are far ahead of us too. So yes, Americans outperform the rest of the world in terms of dollar input (which positively affects production value), but I don't think that's it.

A standard answer to complains like this is usually that we either murdered or expelled most talents in this country some 70 odd years ago, but does it really take that long for talent to regrow? In a country of 80 million?

There is the occasional good movie - usually idenpendent work like Toni Erdmann which got standing ovations and enthusiastic reviews at Cannes or small pics made by public television - but anything mainstream is bound to look and feel crappy and second rate. Provincial. It's frustrating.
    I remember a European history class decades ago where the professor went through a long list of differences between France and Germany, politically, socially, economically, culturally, etc. He summed it up in this couplet: "Germans have culture, French have civilization." He defined the differences in depth as well.

French civilization was much easier to transmit to others than German culture, for example.

If he was correct, and I have seen nothing to dispute it, really, then perhaps German culture doesn't translate well to TV and movies..... the problem is the medium.....

Just throwing ideas out, but just a thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so
    Likes Red Herring liked this post