User Tag List

Page 6360 of 6783 FirstFirst ... 5360586062606310635063586359636063616362637064106460 ... LastLast
Results 63,591 to 63,600 of 67825

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Quote Originally Posted by themightyfetus View Post
    Should I change my username?
    Tbh, I have always really disliked it when people change their usernames a majority of the time. I can never remember who is who when people switch what they are called every few months!

The exception to this is people that change their usernames into similar versions or simplified versions of their current username. It's like how Frosty got rid of the numbers next to her name or ZombieNinjaPirate switched to ZNP-TBA. I can still tell who they are! And the new username sometimes has a better ring to it. It's like if you changed yours to just say "fetus" or something because everyone calls you that.

Be Concerned - TØP Array themightyfetus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by /DG/ View Post
    Tbh, I have always really disliked it when people change their usernames a majority of the time. I can never remember who is who when people switch what they are called every few months!

The exception to this is people that change their usernames into similar versions or simplified versions of their current username. It's like how Frosty got rid of the numbers next to her name or ZombieNinjaPirate switched to ZNP-TBA. I can still tell who they are! And the new username sometimes has a better ring to it. It's like if you changed yours to just say "fetus" or something because everyone calls you that.
    Ah yes. I like what you did with yours, DisneyGeek.
    I don't mean to pry, but why would you even make the eyes?

6w7-2w3-9w1
    Likes an hero, Yamato Nadeshiko liked this post

just hanging in limbo Array Smilephantomhive's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    638 sp/so

Just realized that tomorrow's my last day of school.
    "Avoid getting too preoccupied thinking about what you’re going to do, to actually do it."
    — Rachel Wolchin

johari
    nohari
    Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

MBTI
    :}

Imma forum and vent tomorrow yippee!
    Likes Yamato Nadeshiko liked this post

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.
    Likes Cellmold liked this post

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

The most dangerous game.
    "An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm

Oɴᴇ Hᴇᴀʀᴛ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

You: "Hey Riley what did you do today?"
    Me:

knowing what makes us happy
    is sometimes the hardest thing to do
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I honestly wonder why German tv is so bad. There is some decent journalism and satire, anything that depends on a few bright minds rather than a supporting system/infrastructure. But as soon as it comes to pure entertainment, things look bleak.

It can't really be the money. For crying out loud, the Danish, Norwegians, etc produce better, more modern stuff. The British are far ahead of us too. So yes, Americans outperform the rest of the world in terms of dollar input (which positively affects production value), but I don't think that's it.

A standard answer to complains like this is usually that we either murdered or expelled most talents in this country some 70 odd years ago, but does it really take that long for talent to regrow? In a country of 80 million?

There is the occasional good movie - usually idenpendent work like Toni Erdmann which got standing ovations and enthusiastic reviews at Cannes or small pics made by public television - but anything mainstream is bound to look and feel crappy and second rate. Provincial. It's frustrating.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I was in a gym yesterday, I have to say I feel proud of myself. I've been wanting to do some exercise for such a long time, but I never really had enough will to do it, now I finally feel like I am doing something. I hope my figure will be perfect in the summer
    INFP
    Fi>Ni>Ne>Fe>Ti>Si>Te>Se
    EII-Ne
    4w3 - 5w6 - 9w8 so/sx

hEARTLESS Aenima Array Blackout's Avatar
    MBTI
    ???
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    ??? None

It's all a lie when people tell you it's about how hard you work. It's all a lie.

I've just been thinking about this, and I just think...how many people I have known who push themselves beyond their limit, to the level of exertion and yet they so often it doesn't really lead to anything at all. They're in the same position before, and they're just fundamentally slaving away. It's good to have discipline and a good work ethic, but it's not always enough I don't think. I don't think I want to be someone who is perpetually someone who just grinds away all of the time, and continually am left in that position..

So what difference does it make then? it's all weird. I wonder if any of it really matters at all.

Is it really just networking then? I feel like it's almost leverage in a way. Working your leverage, or what you have, or something...

But I guess at the same time, it's not about the destination either? if you're happy with where you are. I almost feel like...it's all complicated.
    Likes Cellmold, N/A liked this post