User Tag List

Page 6357 of 6769 FirstFirst ... 5357585762576307634763556356635763586359636764076457 ... LastLast
Results 63,561 to 63,570 of 67681

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThaumaturgicTheorist View Post
    ?? So...it's not bad, I assume? I always end up ashamed of myself when I "run". Feels like there are plenty of others who sit and stare all the time and never run.

Also, I was a bit more fascinated by the character's thoughts of "I'm in control of my mind, I'm not crazy like that". Knowing that isn't quite so...
    It's from a video game called The Stanley Parable exploring......well if that moment was interesting to you, to play it would be best. Or else I'll give some meandering post about choices, illusions, questions of reality (and in this except assumptions about reality) and existential stuff, which would just be highly inadequate and kinda pretentious in a superficial way.

I say we all run because the length of the staring isn't as important as what you take away from it. And we run because the attention can only hold on certain elements for so long before we distract ourselves with something else.

Personally I think your reaction to this demonstrates a more open and considered approach than my own, so you aren't the only one who is ashamed....I'm more like Mariella.
    "An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm

Senior Member Array ThaumaturgicTheorist's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9? sp

Quote Originally Posted by Cellmold View Post
    It's from a video game called The Stanley Parable exploring......well if that moment was interesting to you, to play it would be best. Or else I'll give some meandering post about choices, illusions, questions of reality and existential stuff, which would just be highly inadequate and kinda pretentious in a superficial way.

I say we all run because the length of the staring isn't as important as what you take away from it. And we run because the attention can only hold on certain elements for so long before we distract ourselves with something else.

Personally I think your reaction to this demonstrates a more open and considered approach than my own, so you aren't the only one who is ashamed....I'm more like Mariella.
    I've been wrestling on and off with existential/reality stuff for a couple years now - I'm not going to say I'm numb to it, or know anything, but I experience that as absolutely true: it's impossible to just sit and stare forever. If nothing else it gets boring, but more likely real, tangible things demand attention and sublimate any existential feelings.

I mostly tend to worry about the "right" way to react though - there doesn't appear to be one.
    Likes Cellmold liked this post

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThaumaturgicTheorist View Post
    I've been wrestling on and off with existential/reality stuff for a couple years now - I'm not going to say I'm numb to it, or know anything, but I experience that as absolutely true: it's impossible to just sit and stare forever. If nothing else it gets boring, but more likely real, tangible things demand attention and sublimate any existential feelings.

I mostly tend to worry about the "right" way to react though - there doesn't appear to be one.
    On the loading screens of The Stanley Parable is this:

I'm not an intellectual and I've hardly thought that much into these subjects myself. But I think even those who have, might admit that they have only waded a little way in (probably ankle deep; I've only dipped a toe). I don't think there are right ways, there are supported ways and ways that feel right, but I don't think you can have a RIGHT in the bolded sense, though we can have systems of predictive capability that produce measured correctness in assumed reality. From what I've seen, our reactions don't so much change, as the relation to the reaction changes

It's a dislikable fact that we've built systems of knowing what right is by making sure we adhere to what the largest group thinks is right (see what I mean by only dipping a toe? This is probably an instinctive understanding for Fi types from what I've seen but then MBTI is likely bunk so there's that...) and each one of the group is nudging the other one to check what is right. Not realising of course that it passes around the whole and it turns out no one knows, except to know what you believe and want and drive towards that.

I guess it couldn't be too easy, after all I'm told by many that it wouldn't be right if it wasn't hard.

And sometimes the many has a point, just don't ask who came up with it; that Mexican wave will never end.
    "An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm

Were is Cellmold getting those avatars of bankers
    Likes Cloudpatrol, Cellmold liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp

I am thinking that the distinction between 4 and 9's cynicism is shattered idealism vs dispassionate non-resistance. Rejecting vs Ignoring. That would make some sense. I feel like I already should've known this.

The Windsors is a hilarious show, the cast who act Catherine and Pippa are hot too which doesnt hurt.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

how basically my day 1 could be summed up by a vine:

(don't worry it's pretty superficial, no spoilers):

https://vine.co/v/iJYw09mW0x2

the reactions of others:

https://vine.co/v/i1WZtV5xTrm
    [Interviewer: "What was it like to be defined by being beautiful?"]
    Connelly: "It's uncomfortable to talk about - there's no way to come off right! If you say you are beautiful, you sound obnoxious, and if you deny it, doesn't that sound obnoxious?"
    Likes Xann liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Sorry the first two are crap in comparison:

me: https://vine.co/v/imZLiFIBehr how I felt: https://vine.co/v/ihh5vl99Izq
    them seeing me: https://vine.co/v/iHFJmU6l2i6 how they felt: https://vine.co/v/ib25tXFXXDD

how they saw me feel: https://vine.co/v/OgnbpAIeUjF
    now it's going to painfully obvious like this: https://vine.co/v/eldOFYuT2aq

@Masokissed comeback for me: https://vine.co/v/iepMhljwaI3

OK OK i'm done lol
    [Interviewer: "What was it like to be defined by being beautiful?"]
    Connelly: "It's uncomfortable to talk about - there's no way to come off right! If you say you are beautiful, you sound obnoxious, and if you deny it, doesn't that sound obnoxious?"
    Likes Xann, Masokissed liked this post

breaking out of my cocoon Array SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Thanks TypC mafia players....very enjoyable day 1 action.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so
    Likes Forever, Xann, magpie, Hawthorne, Masokissed and 2 others liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Thank you internet, for showing me this wonderful cat picture <3

MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI