User Tag List

Page 6356 of 6782 FirstFirst ... 5356585662566306634663546355635663576358636664066456 ... LastLast
Results 63,551 to 63,560 of 67815

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Two things that absolutely stump me and cause me stress:

1. University choices
    2. Men

Both of which can solved with enough money. Now where's my inheritance?

MBTI
    eSTP

I dont read the bible, and i have lots of issues with religion and such, i cant worship for one. But i was introduced to corinthians 13 in another post. I know the most famous part of it, but after reading i dont think that the most important art was remembered. The last line.

Here is the famous quote taken from it which is good.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
    But out of everything i see on a daily basis with religion they forget the most important part. The last line.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
    I see alot of love is destroyed due to faith and hope.

Which leads us back to the beginning which supports it.
    If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.
    What i read is that no matter what i learn either through science or bible, it is nothing if i dont have love. This not only applies to atheism...it applies to the teachings of the bible as well as it tends to create judgements outside of love, that destroys love. It says...i dont care what you know, believe, have faith in or hope. Love is what should come first, because without it nothing else matters.
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.
    Likes SearchingforPeace liked this post

Most of the people I actually know in positions of authority confirm the worst suspicions of my adolescent anarchist self.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I feel so tired and lazy today
    INFP
    Ni>Fi>Ne>Fe>Ti>Si>Te>Se
    socionics NF
    4w3 - 5w6 - 9w8 so/sx

MBTI
    eSTP

So, i am starting at beginning of corinthians and this is hilarous.

Brothers and sisters, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. 27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28 God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, 29 so that no one may boast before him. 30 It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. 31 Therefore, as it is written: “Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.”[d]
    So...riddle me this...in this day and age who would god stand behind

I may start a seperate thread, but i am starting to think that "bible study" is nothing more then "human knowledge". The same as aethiesm is "human knowledge"
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.

Senior Member Array ThaumaturgicTheorist's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9? sp

I often feel a little sad when I hear about how many species have gone extinct likely due to humans behavior. It makes me even more sad and annoyed though, when people respond to this information by going on about how evil humans are, how we are a pure destructive force and should be exterminated for our crimes....no. Much of those extinctions are probably either accidental or due to ignorance: we know better now and we're at least aware enough to try to mitigate it - that's not so bad. We're animals, as much a part of nature: creatures dying out thanks to whoever's at the top of the food chain is pretty normal, we just like biodiversity and life so we freak out when we realize how much destruction we've caused (to be fair...we create too. We usually make new things out of the resources we take. Sadly, some of those are quite harmful).

Plus, mass extinctions have been happening for years. Something like 99% of species that ever lived have gone extinct, long before we ever existed. So keep your misanthropy to yourself. We're not evil, but we're no angels either. We're just dumb.

Or perhaps I can't bear the thought that we are - that I am - evil for simply existing.

EDIT: Okay, I'm going to admit these likes are validating. I sometimes feel like I'm the only apologist when it comes to these things, while everyone else is sufficiently detached and sensitive to condemn the rest of the species.
    Likes uumlau, Petrahygen, Cellmold liked this post

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

"An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9? sp

Quote Originally Posted by Cellmold View Post
    Wow. That's intense.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThaumaturgicTheorist View Post
    Wow. That's intense.
    Don't worry. Eventually we all turn and run.

PS: Week is up @Nixie.
    "An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm
    Likes Alaska liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9? sp

Quote Originally Posted by Cellmold View Post
    Don't worry. Eventually we all turn and run.
    ?? So...it's not bad, I assume? I always end up ashamed of myself when I "run". Feels like there are plenty of others who sit and stare all the time and never run.

Also, I was a bit more fascinated by the character's thoughts of "I'm in control of my mind, I'm not crazy like that". Knowing that isn't quite so...
    Likes Cellmold liked this post