User Tag List

Page 6352 of 6774 FirstFirst ... 5352585262526302634263506351635263536354636264026452 ... LastLast
Results 63,511 to 63,520 of 67734

Thread: Random Thought Thread

I will soon be trading typology and library/information science discussion for surf lessons with an ex Big Wave surfer. Too good to be true, but it is.
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."
    Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

Level 8 Scumlord Array SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    642 so/sx

I remember this one time I was talking to invisible Jim an INTJ in vent (way back in 2010?) about evil master plans for world domination and I posed the question: what type would your chief of staff be? He responded quickly, "that's easy, ESTJ". Oh I replied, why? He then effortlessly broke it down for me in MBTI terms using 'generalizations' but good ones. In that moment I realized that INTJ evil mastermind stereo types are TRUE. Mostly
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes iwakar liked this post

I like ice cream Array Enthusiastic_Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

If you ever hear me bringing the same person up in conversation in a negative light, that probably means I don't like them all that much. Sounds obvious right? Well I just realized that because my Ne/Fi is RELENTLESS in seeking out the good in people and basically turning any enemy in my mind into some saint (not actually to that extreme), I find that I almost have to physically remind myself why I hated them at one point by bringing them up in conversation since whenever I bring up anything or run into some trigger, the emotions felt at the time immediately come rushing back.

It's almost to a point where I find this default forgiveness mode a "defect". Sometimes I really want to stay mad at someone, but I really, really can't.

Any other NFPs run into this?? Maybe it's an Ne/Fi thing but it could be Fi/Ne as well I'd guess.
    A mind wanders as does the soul

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams".
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

"I or E: NF or ENTP, you'll always be ARET to me. Ambiverting, Rational thinking, Emoting, and Trailblazing since the 90's"
    -Cloudpatrol

Love you Clouds!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic_Dreamer View Post
    If you ever hear me bringing the same person up in conversation in a negative light, that probably means I don't like them all that much. Sounds obvious right? Well I just realized that because my Ne/Fi is RELENTLESS in seeking out the good in people and basically turning any enemy in my mind into some saint (not actually to that extreme), I find that I almost have to physically remind myself why I hated them at one point by bringing them up in conversation since whenever I bring up anything or run into some trigger, the emotions felt at the time immediately come rushing back.

It's almost to a point where I find this default forgiveness mode a "defect". Sometimes I really want to stay mad at someone, but I really, really can't.

Any other NFPs run into this?? Maybe it's an Ne/Fi thing but it could be Fi/Ne as well I'd guess.
    I could see this being a strong-Ne, weak-Si problem. I personally have the opposite problem, and it takes me an inconveniently long time to forgive people -- and I know that's due to strong Si.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Enthusiastic_Dreamer liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudpatrol View Post
    I will vacuum like a fiend and put her away (with catnip and a blanket animal lovers, I'm not heartless!) while we talk

Mmmmm, what's in the cuppa? Nope, that thought won't go away (gets up to put kettle on).

But I can't have *too* many, else they won't all fit into that little box on my homepage. I don't want to lose anyone's picture from there!

I can't define exactly WHAT it is, but that line feels like a heart-grabbingly-wonderful snapshot of true friendship. Hope we get to talk more.
    Aw. Happy to chat anytime. :-)

I like ice cream Array Enthusiastic_Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I could see this being a strong-Ne, weak-Si problem. I personally have the opposite problem, and it takes me an inconveniently long time to forgive people -- and I know that's due to strong Si.
    Oh that's interesting you say that! I believe it was @Cloudpatrol that mentioned she saw a weaker Si within me? How would one go about strengthening their Si would you say? I feel I'm actually in the middle of developing my Te come to think about it.
    A mind wanders as does the soul

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams".
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

"I or E: NF or ENTP, you'll always be ARET to me. Ambiverting, Rational thinking, Emoting, and Trailblazing since the 90's"
    -Cloudpatrol

Love you Clouds!

Welp, just crushed the soul of an ESTJ chasing me like I was the goddamn Beatles. Feel free to tell me he's going to be fine because I feel like a shitbag.
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Welp, just crushed the soul of an ESTJ chasing me like I was the goddamn Beatles. Feel free to tell me he's going to be fine because I feel like a shitbag.
    He's going to be fine.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Today, my alarm clock was my doorbell being spammed by FedEx to deliver me a vacuum cleaner.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari
    Likes EJCC, geedoenfj, Cloudpatrol liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

so/sx: Good at connecting, bad at maintaining connection.

Accurate?
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?