User Tag List

  1. #63321
    Sweet Summer Child yama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1 so/sp
    Posts
    7,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    Actually just googled and apparently Y is millenial. Early 80s-2000. I qualify as '86 and also idgaf about being lumped with millenials. Come at me, bros!
    Yes, y and millennial are the same. And every generation hates the generation that comes after it, so gen y hate just makes me roll my eyes
    Likes five sounds, EJCC liked this post

  2. #63322
    Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne
    Posts
    5,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 21lux View Post
    Yes, y and millennial are the same. And every generation hates the generation that comes after it, so gen y hate just makes me roll my eyes
    "Damn kids these days are the reason everything is going to hell" - 50 year olds in the 1500s
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.
    Likes Ghost, yama, Cloudpatrol, EJCC liked this post

  3. #63323
    Superwoman Red Herring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    "Damn kids these days are the reason everything is going to hell" - 50 year olds in the 1500s
    "The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.

    - attributed to Socrates
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari
    Likes Ghost, five sounds, yama, Cloudpatrol, Osprey and 1 others liked this post

  4. #63324
    #KUWK Kierva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    2,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    Actually just googled and apparently Y is millenial. Early 80s-2000. I qualify as '86 and also idgaf about being lumped with millenials. Come at me, bros!
    I don't subscribe to that definition. As far as I'm concerned, kids from 1996 onwards are VERY different from those born in 1980-1995.
    Likes Hard liked this post

  5. #63325
    Psychic Artist Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    6,557

    Default

    You'd think philosophy professors would be the least likely to be shocked out of all professors in a college.

    Oh well.
    everybody has gone through something that has changed them in a way that they could never go back to the person they once were

  6. #63326
    Sweet Summer Child yama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1 so/sp
    Posts
    7,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Woaden View Post
    I don't subscribe to that definition. As far as I'm concerned, kids from 1996 onwards are VERY different from those born in 1980-1995.
    iirc it's 2000 and onwards that's generation z, might be why? idk i'm 1994 so right on the cusp but i dont mind being called a millennial (and have a hard time relating to anything pre-1990 anyway)

    ((generation z kind of scares me a little bit))

    (((but thats just cuz they are children and children terrify me)))

  7. #63327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Woaden View Post
    I don't subscribe to that definition. As far as I'm concerned, kids from 1996 onwards are VERY different from those born in 1980-1995.
    Uh...I don't notice much of a difference. I know people on both sides of your random 1996 cutoff point.

    The thing is that someone born in 97 will be rather different from someone born in 80, but very similar to someone born in 94. Placing specific dates as specific generations is a bit silly imo. Things blur too much to make explicit dates. I don't have a problem with labels like generation Y or whatever, but they shouldn't be defined that way.

  8. #63328
    Psychic Artist Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    6,557

    Default

    Haha former memory of what I tell my roommates have fun no matter how fun the activity is.
    Then they tell me to have fun even though what I am doing is technically not fun and I hear that person gossip says he hates it when I say that.
    But honestly I wouldn't be telling anyone have fun if it irked me to no end lolol.

    Oh and I accidentally flipped someone off today meant to be for someone else. hopefully they forget or didn't notice.
    everybody has gone through something that has changed them in a way that they could never go back to the person they once were

  9. #63329

    Default

    16 more posts to go!

  10. #63330
    #KUWK Kierva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    2,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by /DG/ View Post
    Uh...I don't notice much of a difference. I know people on both sides of your random 1996 cutoff point.

    The thing is that someone born in 97 will be rather different from someone born in 80, but very similar to someone born in 94. Placing specific dates as specific generations is a bit silly imo. Things blur too much to make explicit dates. I don't have a problem with labels like generation Y or whatever, but they shouldn't be defined that way.
    I'm speaking from a stance that the 1995 kids and before are facing adulthood and would most likely relate to adult problems (paying bills, rent, budgeting) even though they go through it in differing degrees.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hi:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :hug:
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink:
  • :(
  • :cry:
  • :doh:
  • :mad:
  • :dry:
  • :shrug:
  • :blush:
  • :mellow:
  • :unsure:

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread
    By Giggly in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 790
    Last Post: 07-11-2017, 08:22 PM
  2. [NT] Random thought thread (NT version)
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 10-22-2016, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO