User Tag List

  1. #63161
    good, hot, fresh, fly ~ laterlazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp
    Posts
    509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    Of course. I prefer audio myself because it's not as consuming and the data transfer is quicker. 6 hours straight would be gruelling. I prefer 20-30 min bursts.



    While flattering it's not true : D. Your intuition knows. You stated "a couple months". You've been down a similar road before. Most of us have. Keeping that resolve alive would be great wouldn't it? Leveraging 'it' for maximum output would be good no? Why is 'it' fleeting?
    Ahh well, my multi-tasking sucks so if I were to listen to it and pay attention (which I would have to because going back to something I missed is more annoying when it's not text) then I would have to be doing absolutely nothing at the time or something that requires very little attention/brain power :p And if it's any good, chances are I wouldn't want to pause in the middle, especially because I tend to give up things I pause on.

    And you make a great point. I feel like people on here are always trying to make me better myself and it's so nice but pressuring I guess I'm too doubtful and rely too much on what's been instead of what could be. What's been hasn't ever lasted very long, so you get comfortable with it. Any time I try to keep anything alive it eventually fizzles out, so I've grown to expect it because fulfilling an expectation feels better than continuous disappointment. A mindset I do need to change tbqh. Have you managed to reach/are you reaching this maximum output? A real life success story might produce some extra motivation!

  2. #63162
    Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx
    Posts
    2,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laterlazer View Post
    Ahh well, my multi-tasking sucks so if I were to listen to it and pay attention (which I would have to because going back to something I missed is more annoying when it's not text) then I would have to be doing absolutely nothing at the time or something that requires very little attention/brain power :p And if it's any good, chances are I wouldn't want to pause in the middle, especially because I tend to give up things I pause on.

    And you make a great point. I feel like people on here are always trying to make me better myself and it's so nice but pressuring I guess I'm too doubtful and rely too much on what's been instead of what could be. What's been hasn't ever lasted very long, so you get comfortable with it. Any time I try to keep anything alive it eventually fizzles out, so I've grown to expect it because fulfilling an expectation feels better than continuous disappointment. A mindset I do need to change tbqh. Have you managed to reach/are you reaching this maximum output? A real life success story might produce some extra motivation!
    My life is simple, I avoid most complications i.e. I have zero debt and own zero credit cards. This is by design. Living within my means. I haven't done anything remotely 'wow' but I have my triumphs . I only add things when I know I'm going to do them. I used to set myself up to fail a lot when I was younger. I keep my goals simple, realistic, measureable and few so that I don't disburse my energies.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes laterlazer, Cellmold, Fate liked this post

  3. #63163
    good, hot, fresh, fly ~ laterlazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp
    Posts
    509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    My life is simple, I avoid most complications i.e. I have zero debt and own zero credit cards. This is by design. Living within my means. I haven't done anything remotely 'wow' but I have my triumphs . I only add things when I know I'm going to do them. I used to set myself up to fail a lot when I was younger. I keep my goals simple, realistic, measureable and few so that I don't disburse my energies.
    Really good method, tbh that's what I've been trying to do more recently, not trying to work on things in big strides but rather take baby steps in solving my issues. I just need a little more conviction and self-control, but I believe I will get there! Eventually. I'm also working on figuring out what motivates me to finish things so I can someday regularly manipulate myself into seeing the end of things. :p
    Likes SpankyMcFly, Cellmold liked this post

  4. #63164
    Originalâ„¢ Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    7,091

    Default

    I think I have just identified an INFJ girl for the first time.

    She's redhair too. It's pretty interesting.

    She's agreed to date me after she's done TA'ing for my class.

    Forever may not be single after all.. For a while lol.
    Your Online Manic Pixie Dream Girl

    What is a manic pixie dream girl?

    It refers to "that bubbly, shallow cinematic creature that exists solely in the fevered imaginations of sensitive writer-directors to teach broodingly soulful young men to embrace life and its infinite mysteries and adventures." A pretty, outgoing, whacky romantic lead whose sole purpose is to help broody male characters lighten up and enjoy their lives.
    Likes Masokissed, Tellenbach, Fay, SpankyMcFly, Fate liked this post

  5. #63165
    Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,672

    Default

    i want to know the number of twitter links vs. the number of links clicked and viewed.
    In challenge lies opportunity.

  6. #63166
    Rainy Day Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    1,617

    Default

    Have you ever seen shark eggs/shark egg cases?

    Helloe baby shark.








  7. #63167

    Default

    Does anyone know the name of the guy or the show which did a cross over with man versus food once and they ate a disgusting thing called lime fish which is popular with the scandinavians.

    This guy and his show specialise in more extreme things like eating fire ants or stuff like that but I dont remember its name and its not ever aired in the UK so far as I know.

  8. #63168

    Default

    Also does anyone know how the hell I would get episodes of that show in which warriors fought the bit out, I think william wallace fought some african tribal leader controversially, also a ninja fought a spartan warrior, it screened for a bit in the UK but then was dropped uncermoniously and it seems is impossible to get in hard copy or anywhere else too.

    Its funny how the real, unnoticed censorship works.

  9. #63169
    FRACTALICIOUS phobik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7,337
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

    Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

  10. #63170
    FRACTALICIOUS phobik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7,337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ingrid in grids View Post
    Have you ever seen shark eggs/shark egg cases?

    Helloe baby shark.







    they look...
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

    Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.
    Likes geedoenfj liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread
    By Giggly in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 837
    Last Post: Yesterday, 02:36 AM
  2. [NT] Random thought thread (NT version)
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 10-22-2016, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO