User Tag List

Page 6316 of 6785 FirstFirst ... 5316581662166266630663146315631663176318632663666416 ... LastLast
Results 63,151 to 63,160 of 67846

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

"In education, we feel, something must be amiss and the way to sort it out is, of course, to have targets. Quite an interesting idea, this idea that you know what it is and you aim straight for it and you get it. Targets and algorithms and systems and checklists and procedures and guidelines. And this is all about making sure you have the right product; but somehow this doesn't seem to be working.

And one of the problems is it suggests that education is about a thing, which is inserted in another thing, as you insert a widget into a machine. But it's not like that of course; its about a relationship. Education is about a relationship, it's not a substance. And that relationship cannot be legislated for, because it is about all sorts of things that can't even be described.

A manner, tone, an enquiring mind, and openess; a model of what a certain way of being might be, for those who are still in the process of becoming who they are. - Ian McGilchrist"
    "An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm

MBTI
    :}

Im a good person

I AM
    Likes Masokissed liked this post

good, hot, fresh, fly ~ Array laterlazer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp

Just registered that the worst month of all time is over, here's to a good rest of the year!
    Likes SpankyMcFly liked this post

Level 8 Scumlord Array SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    642 so/sx

A friend of mine told me about this dog breed that left me in awe.

"The Rhodesian Ridgeback, once known as the African Lion Hound, was developed in South Africa by Boer farmers. The farmers needed a versatile hunting dog who could withstand the extreme temperatures and terrain of the bush, survive when water rations were low, protect property, and be a companion to the entire family."

"When big-game hunting became popular, they found that the dogs were well suited for accompanying them when they hunted lions from horseback. The dogs would hold the lion at bay until the hunters arrived."

Read more at Rhodesian Ridgeback Dog Breed Information, Pictures, Characteristics & Facts - Dogtime

A dog breed that is used to hunt lions in the bush You don't get more bad ass than that for a dog.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Punderstorm liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    642 so/sx

I think it's highly probable that TypeC is free of commies. May day came and went with nary a thread celebrating the day.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    642 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by laterlazer View Post
    Just registered that the worst month of all time is over, here's to a good rest of the year!
    A woman with nothing to lose, is a dangerous woman indeed. (Insert famous persons name who I forget here) *peers at Later laze suspiciously*

When you're at the bottom the only way to go is up
    Likes laterlazer liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    A woman with nothing to lose, is a dangerous woman indeed. (Insert famous persons name who I forget here) *peers at Later laze suspiciously*

When you're at the bottom the only way to go is up
    Indeed! Don't mess with me, I am intent on having a brilliant couple of months!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    642 so/sx

Indeed! Don't mess with me, I am intent on having a brilliant couple of months!
    Oh I shan't * steps out of the way*

Are you focused? Do you 'feel' unstoppable? How hot is the fire?

Suggestion, read this: The Obstacle Is The Way; The Timeless Art Of Turning Trial Into Triumph ~ Ryan Holiday. Or watch the FULL audio book on YouTube, narrated by the author himself https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Holiday

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    Oh I shan't * steps out of the way*

Are you focused? Do you 'feel' unstoppable? How hot is the fire?

Suggestion, read this: The Obstacle Is The Way; The Timeless Art Of Turning Trial Into Triumph ~ Ryan Holiday. Or watch the FULL audio book on YouTube, narrated by the author himself https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Holiday

Bro, I'd take reading one short page over listening for 6 hours any day! But the book actually sounds useful and interesting, I'll probably give it a whirl when I've got some time!

P.S It's not you is it, you aren't just advertising your own book here right? *side eyes*
    Likes SpankyMcFly liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    642 so/sx

Bro, I'd take reading one short page over listening for 6 hours any day! But the book actually sounds useful and interesting, I'll probably give it a whirl when I've got some time!
    Of course. I prefer audio myself because it's not as consuming and the data transfer is quicker. 6 hours straight would be gruelling. I prefer 20-30 min bursts.

P.S It's not you is it, you aren't just advertising your own book here right? *side eyes*
    While flattering it's not true : D. Your intuition knows. You stated "a couple months". You've been down a similar road before. Most of us have. Keeping that resolve alive would be great wouldn't it? Leveraging 'it' for maximum output would be good no? Why is 'it' fleeting?
    Likes laterlazer liked this post