User Tag List

Page 6303 of 7153 FirstFirst ... 53035803620362536293630163026303630463056313635364036803 ... LastLast
Results 63,021 to 63,030 of 71530

Thread: Random Thought Thread

  1. #63021
    Happy Dancer Array uumlau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so
    Posts
    5,715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    What if Te and Ti were categorization, Ti is just more thorough.

    Te categorization: if you did XYZ you had a good childhood
    Ti: no, if you did XYZ it means you enjoy the show...blah, blah, blah...you could be beat and still watch the show anyway.

    Ti is much more refined categorization then Te is.
    In this sense, Te is rapid categorization, whereas Ti is methodical categorization. Speed vs refinement is a trade-off.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

    A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

  2. #63022
    Active Member Array Poki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    xSTP
    Posts
    9,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    In this sense, Te is rapid categorization, whereas Ti is methodical categorization. Speed vs refinement is a trade-off.
    Agree completely
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.

  3. #63023
    Rainy Day Woman Array MDP2525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    the term sapiosexual bugs me because it seems to be code for i will only date smart people, but 90% of the population thinks they're smart and really it shouldn't even be a catagory it should be yo I like people who are smart. it just seems stupid to me I mean some people i know are very smart but don't think they are so those people wouldn't even take a chance, never mind it comes across as arrogant to say you're a sapiosexual. so if you say you're sapiosexual i would not want to date you because you're probably arrogant as fuck. now if you say i prefer smart girls i still wouldn't have a chance but i would be less likely to think you were a jerk.


    It is funny to me that my generation rejected labels only to have their children rely on them with such wild tenacity.
    ~Live and learn from fools and from sages~




    Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance
    Likes uumlau liked this post

  4. #63024
    Senior Member Array prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    28,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post


    It is funny to me that my generation rejected labels only to have their children rely on them with such wild tenacity.
    Can I join your generation please?
    Perfectly robust chickens
    Run laps a lot
    Pee on the garden
    Leap over fences
    Cock is a word for rooster
    Hen is a type of chicken?
    Kit kats are good
    Nice chickens don't belong in the
    Zoo
    ~@magpie
    Likes Poki, uumlau, MDP2525 liked this post

  5. #63025
    Active Member Array Poki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    xSTP
    Posts
    9,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    the term sapiosexual bugs me because it seems to be code for i will only date smart people, but 90% of the population thinks they're smart and really it shouldn't even be a catagory it should be yo I like people who are smart. it just seems stupid to me I mean some people i know are very smart but don't think they are so those people wouldn't even take a chance, never mind it comes across as arrogant to say you're a sapiosexual. so if you say you're sapiosexual i would not want to date you because you're probably arrogant as fuck. now if you say i prefer smart girls i still wouldn't have a chance but i would be less likely to think you were a jerk.
    The company i work for actually has a policy about making up categorizational name or click names.. use the actual words...like...i like smart people. It gets confusing, and leaves people in the dark that may be able to help, and creates "clicks" and generalisations about being smart or knowledgable.
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.
    Likes prplchknz, MDP2525 liked this post

  6. #63026
    Senior Member Array prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    28,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    The company i work for actually has a policy about making up categorizational name or click names.. use the actual words...like...i like smart people. It gets confusing, and leaves people in the dark that may be able to help, and creates "clicks" and generalisations about being smart or knowledgable.
    I like this company, sometimes labels are useless and sometimes they do harm. sometimes they're useful and do good the trick is not to label everything in fact label as few as things as possible and only label the things that need to be labeled like chili
    Perfectly robust chickens
    Run laps a lot
    Pee on the garden
    Leap over fences
    Cock is a word for rooster
    Hen is a type of chicken?
    Kit kats are good
    Nice chickens don't belong in the
    Zoo
    ~@magpie
    Likes MDP2525, Poki liked this post

  7. #63027
    Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    SEI Fe
    Posts
    6,580

    Default

    i cant believe i created a typoC copypasta
    "P-please don't stare at me like that. I get so...terribly shy."

    previously known as 21lux
    ¤ school idol tomodachi ¤
    ¤ myanimelist ¤
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious

  8. #63028
    not to be trusted Array miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    19,975

    Default

    I howled at the dog until he learned to howl back

    productive evening so far
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  9. #63029
    Senior Member Array Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,144

    Default

    Man, do these characters have sticks up their asses in The Queen.
    From this hour I ordain myself loos’d of limits and imaginary lines.

  10. #63030
    Senior Member Array Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    19,215

    Default

    I could build such a library, even with the books I own, though I'd really like to have some kind of firing range in a huge purpose built basement. Then my life'd be complete

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread
    By Giggly in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 702
    Last Post: 03-26-2017, 07:08 AM
  2. [NT] Random thought thread (NT version)
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 10-22-2016, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •