User Tag List

Page 6290 of 6774 FirstFirst ... 5290579061906240628062886289629062916292630063406390 ... LastLast
Results 62,891 to 62,900 of 67733

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Junior Member Array CheekyAET2004's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Socionics
    SLE None

I'm not sure if this has already been shared or not but I thought this was kind of funny....

The Definition Of Hell For Each Myers-Briggs Personality Type | Thought Catalog

Enjoy!

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    eNfJ
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    I agree w/r to lots of NTs not really being 5's. The personality description of a 5 reads like an NT, but that isn't what a 5 really is. A five is obsessive-compulsive about understanding their favorite subject matter. For instance, it doesn't have to be computers or science, but it could be about trains or the history of rock music or geography or climatology. (These are real-life examples from my personal experience, btw, none of whom are NTs.)

As for being depressing, yeah Enneagram kind of sucks that way, once you start understanding it correctly. No, being a 3 doesn't make you a narcissist, but it means that if things start happening such that you cope badly, your tendencies will be kind of narcissistic. Each of the types is a coping mechanism, and the only real problems occur when you just blindly cope with whatever using that same typological strategy even when it doesn't make sense. And a lot of the emphasis is on "blindly": until it gets pointed out, you're probably not going to see it in yourself, and sometimes not even then!
    I agree with everything here.

Now you just solidified the 5-ness in my tritype. This is awesome. I totally have had ocd, knowledge-hoarding tendencies towards several subjects in the past but I got bored: Nazis/WWII, serial killers, evolution, The Civil War, health psychology, baseball, cellphones, makeup, typology. Now, my current one is probably business psychology and dynamics and finances.

I even used to read the dictionary and thesaurus for fun as a little kid.

I am one odd ENFJ.
    Likes uumlau liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I agree w/r to lots of NTs not really being 5's. The personality description of a 5 reads like an NT, but that isn't what a 5 really is. A five is obsessive-compulsive about understanding their favorite subject matter. For instance, it doesn't have to be computers or science, but it could be about trains or the history of rock music or geography or climatology. (These are real-life examples from my personal experience, btw, none of whom are NTs.)

As for being depressing, yeah Enneagram kind of sucks that way, once you start understanding it correctly. No, being a 3 doesn't make you a narcissist, but it means that if things start happening such that you cope badly, your tendencies will be kind of narcissistic. Each of the types is a coping mechanism, and the only real problems occur when you just blindly cope with whatever using that same typological strategy even when it doesn't make sense. And a lot of the emphasis is on "blindly": until it gets pointed out, you're probably not going to see it in yourself, and sometimes not even then!
    That's good. yeah blindness is a disease this world has. We are all ignorant on how someone thinks lives feels and breathes in this land. Yeah while I may have some narcissistic coping tendencies, I don't relate to full blown narcissism there are some days I wake up and look at myself in the mirror and say man I'm ugly! Lol. Humbles me to know that looks aren't everything.
    [Interviewer: "What was it like to be defined by being beautiful?"]
    Connelly: "It's uncomfortable to talk about - there's no way to come off right! If you say you are beautiful, you sound obnoxious, and if you deny it, doesn't that sound obnoxious?"
    Likes GIjade liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ISTp None

Morality is not monolithic. Moral dilemmas exist for this very reason: one is forced to weigh one good vs another. More specifically, there is much more to morality than being good and kind and fair, or "contributing to humanity" as you might put it. It is very possible that those to whom you would ascribe the phrase "ignorant asshole" are following a part of morality of which you are ignorant, and just because they aren't doing that small subset of things that you describe as moral, you believe that they are essentially immoral.

Your perspective would appear to derive from Kant's, so it has a strong pedigree, but Kant's approach is inherently flawed, as he reasons in terms of having an overall abstract monolithic morality, as opposed to how humans actually live and express their morality. Morality doesn't derive from reason; the reverse would in fact appear to be closer to the truth.
    Wow. I have had this exact thought but would not have known how to word it. You expressed this so well.
    ~I'm looking California, and feeling Minnesota.

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance
    Likes uumlau liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Protege View Post
    -
    Hahaha dude, I typed as 5 for awhile because I admired 5-like traits.
    :P 5's can somewhat be like autistic kids I've helped out. One was obsessed with turtles. Hated though when I touched his turtles when I wanted to play with him.
    [Interviewer: "What was it like to be defined by being beautiful?"]
    Connelly: "It's uncomfortable to talk about - there's no way to come off right! If you say you are beautiful, you sound obnoxious, and if you deny it, doesn't that sound obnoxious?"

Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ Fᴇᴇʟs Lɪᴋᴇ Hᴏᴍᴇ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    My neighbors are listening to creepy music while hammering in their garage.
    What are they doing with hammers?

I'm so alone
    Trying to find my way back home to you
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by 21lux View Post
    What are they doing with hammers?
    I don't know. Listening to the sounds already brought me to my daily spying limit. Maybe I'll find out some other time.
    Likes Yamato Nadeshiko liked this post

Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ Fᴇᴇʟs Lɪᴋᴇ Hᴏᴍᴇ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

I don't know. Listening to the sounds already brought me to my daily spying limit. Maybe I'll find out some other time.
    Maybe they are learning about woodworking.

I'm so alone
    Trying to find my way back home to you
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious

MBTI
    INFJ

Ha - you have a limit do ya. I don't think so.
    “Oh, what a tangled web we weave...when first we practice to deceive.”
    ― Walter Scott, Marmion
    Likes Ghost liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by 21lux View Post
    Maybe they are learning about woodworking.
    It sounded like they were banging on metal but not in an aesthetically pleasing way.

The song was some kind of children's choir, a man doing spoken word, some 70s-ish progressive rock, then back to the choir. I hope they're having fun over there.