User Tag List

Page 6248 of 6782 FirstFirst ... 52485748614861986238624662476248624962506258629863486748 ... LastLast
Results 62,471 to 62,480 of 67819

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Oɴᴇ Hᴇᴀʀᴛ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    I can't seem to find the strikethrough feature....can someone givva a girl a hand?
    There's no button to click for it that I'm aware of, you just have to type the html out. (s)words(/s) with [] brackets instead of parenthesis

knowing what makes us happy
    is sometimes the hardest thing to do
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious

failure to thrive Array AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by 21lux View Post
    There's no button to click for it that I'm aware of, you just have to type the html out. (s)words(/s) with [] brackets instead of parenthesis
    oh, thank you!
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

I am going to post here aswell as were I think may be more appropriate to on the forum because here is a bit of a hub and seems to be were the majority of traffic is at one time or another but I'm determined to try and learn more about technology, that which I'm using on a regular basis, ie mobile phone, tablet, kindle, laptop, fit bits, apps etc. and I was wondering if anyone could recommend any books, reading, online content, magazines, I'd even consider some online or correspondence courses if there are any.

I dont think that I get the most out of what I'm using already and I know that I'm pretty ignorant, well, as much as the next person maybe, when it comes to optimising what I own, thinking about what I could buy next, keeping abreast of developments and new tech, and I'll be honest I dream about being able to hack devices or engineer devices in the way that I see some people on etsy or reported on other blogs or sites, such as insider on facebook, are able to.

There was this one guy who retro fitted an old game boy with raspberry pi tech, I think hollowed out a cartridge of the actual game boy with some of it and was able to engineer it so that played hundreds of retrogames and free ware, I dont know if it was largely as a hobby or if he was a retro gamer himself but it seemed pretty skilled for a pass time or hobby.

Anyway, along with improving my fitness its an area of knowledge I'd like to improve upon and anyone interested in it along with me I'd be happy to make common cause with. I'm going to consider learning a bit about Vent here and using it if any of the people I get along with are interested in chatting there, if we can all afford the time, I'm getting more aware of how I dont spend my time that well and then wonder were it all went.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

going to work on my latch hook

Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    614 sx/so
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Been there. That movie is brutal.
    So I was thinking and I remembered a move I saw in theatres a while ago called The Wind Rises that's somewhat similar thematically and so, so beautiful. It's by Hayao Miyazaki and it's probably his best work (imo). The difference is that this one heals the soul, in a way. It's still sad but it's not desolate. Not that Grave of The Fireflies didn't have every right to be desolate. Here's the trailer if you're interested:

Likes Cellmold liked this post

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

I wish my stupid mbti type fit me correctly.

Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

Okay, so I have a type-related question and wasn't sure where else to ask it, and I figured in here is as good a place as any.

So I was reading today about social movements, and about police fighting protesters while "privately sympathizing with them." And all I could think was, jesus christ, I could never do that--if I sympathized with the protesters, I could never try to stop them, even if it was my job. I'd rather risk my job or leave it entirely than betray a cause that was important to me.

I know that kind of reeks of stereotypical Fi or what have you, but couldn't an Fe type exhibit this behavior as well?

Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic

Quote Originally Posted by 21lux View Post
    Okay, so I have a type-related question and wasn't sure where else to ask it, and I figured in here is as good a place as any.

So I was reading today about social movements, and about police fighting protesters while "privately sympathizing with them." And all I could think was, jesus christ, I could never do that--if I sympathized with the protesters, I could never try to stop them, even if it was my job. I'd rather risk my job or leave it entirely than betray a cause that was important to me.

I know that kind of reeks of stereotypical Fi or what have you, but couldn't an Fe type exhibit this behavior as well?
    I can do that, not with a lot of cognitive dissonance either, because if you're fighting people who sympathise with you then you are employing very, very poor judgement and lousy tactics and deserve to be challenged and stopped.

That effort needs to be channelled properly, most of the people who "take it to the streets" are acting as a pressure valve, politicians and the establishment arent worried a damn about that sort of thing, people get angry, act stupid, either get imprisoned, ie controlled, or recover their self control and feel relieved and nothing changes.

There's no economy of force or efforts, no thinking about resources or waste of time and effort and the propensity for it to be ill conceived, go the wrong way, benefit the very guys you're eager to fight against etc. etc.

So I have no problem with that sort of behaviour being shut down, it does not work, even if it did it definitely should not because the principle that might makes right will be lethal on the day after "the revolution" and lethal to "the revolution", ie whatever change is desired, as it was to the opposition before hand. Consider the arab spring etc. Even a lot of the "hoorah henry" aspects of liberal protest movements like the LGBT, all the seeming "victories" do is bolster and embolden the least responsible, most unstable and egotistical elements, until eventually, like lemmings with a good stampede built up its over the edge of a cliff with even those willing to have given them the benefit of the doubt standing back and wondering WTAF.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

As it turns out old school Colombian Cumbia makes for an excellent house cleaning soundtrack!

The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.