User Tag List

Page 6244 of 6772 FirstFirst ... 52445744614461946234624262436244624562466254629463446744 ... LastLast
Results 62,431 to 62,440 of 67719

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    If I prefer Bach over Mozart, does that mean I look like I have a Bach preference? If you think so, quit smoking crack.
    Isn't Bach pronounced "Bark". If so, please pass over the Crarck.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do some posts merge and others don't?

- - - Updated - - -

Ah

Quote Originally Posted by Rico View Post
    WHY do my parents think I need to be out socializing all the time, and doing things I have no interest in doing? HOW does constant socializing in all aspects fulfil me, when it's just empty and pointless? I don't see how that helps anything or anyone at all. It just makes things worse, the same way forced socializing with parents makes you want to avoid them more. No, just because I don't 'socialize' or go out and 'do stuff' all the time, it doesn't mean there is anything wrong with me. You know?

If I want to study something, read a book or go on Youtube, I have every right to.
    Because socializing makes them happy, so they assumed that this will make you happy too. They feel sad and lonely whenever they are alone, so they assumed this is how you felt too.
    People are afraid of differences, so whenever they see someone who is different from them, they start assuming that there is something wrong with that person.

Just ignore them and do your own thing. If you enjoy spending your time at home, then just spend your time at home. There is nothing wrong with wanting alone time.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

A TV Theme Tune dancing exercise video by be is going to be the new Zumba imho

- - - Updated - - -

By be? My nose is blocked but...

Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ Fᴇᴇʟs Lɪᴋᴇ Hᴏᴍᴇ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    How big is your garden?
    It's a community garden that's like... 20 acres? Maybe more?

I'm so alone
    Trying to find my way back home to you
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by 21lux View Post
    It's a community garden that's like... 20 acres? Maybe more?
    I'm glad you found your way out
    Likes Yamato Nadeshiko liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny View Post
    Because socializing makes them happy, so they assumed that this will make you happy too. They feel sad and lonely whenever they are alone, so they assumed this is how you felt too.
    People are afraid of differences, so whenever they see someone who is different from them, they start assuming that there is something wrong with that person.

Just ignore them and do your own thing. If you enjoy spending your time at home, then just spend your time at home. There is nothing wrong with wanting alone time.
    Exactly. I do ignore them and spend time at home/doing my own thing. I just do whatever.

Why can't they accept that? Lol.

Weirdos.
    Likes Destiny liked this post

Why some lecturers think they can spend all lecture reading slides from computer? Don't they know it's boring?
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle

Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ Fᴇᴇʟs Lɪᴋᴇ Hᴏᴍᴇ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

I am such a tired noodle. Nap is deserved.

I'm so alone
    Trying to find my way back home to you
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious

Senior Member Array
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISFp Fi

I think my Enneagram Nine is just a coping mechanism for what I would think is Avoidant Personality Disorder along with its implied Social Anxiety and anxiety unrelated to social situations. To counteract this tension I tend to resort to Ignoring and Suppressing information. I let my mind and body just flow with everything else subduing any thinking that requires effort because 99% of the time it would just make me feel confused and unstable, wrecking havoc on my autonomous nervous system... which makes me prone to lazy thinking and inactivity, halting any intellectual growth that could have been accumulated otherwise (is this Pi behaviour?) and also completely removing the possibility for emotional bonding. In School, this means I don't talk to anyone outside required collaborative work, and also that I bullshit all the work I do in class and don't pay attention to lectures.

When my anxiety has subsided through use of (Opiates, Kratom, SSRI's typically) I tend to be more argumentative and openly critical. Of course maybe this change of personality could be just a side-effect of all the drugs have once used to suppress my anxiety rather than being my natural self minus the anxiety. But even if this were the case, I suppose it wouldn't make my Enneagram type any less official since it is based of why I act the way I do, and my mental issues just contribute to the "why".

failure to thrive Array AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysanthe View Post
    I think my Enneagram Nine is just a coping mechanism for what I would think is Avoidant Personality Disorder along with its implied Social Anxiety and anxiety unrelated to social situations. To counteract this tension I tend to resort to Ignoring and Suppressing information. I let my mind and body just flow with everything else subduing any thinking that requires effort because 99% of the time it would just make me feel confused and unstable, wrecking havoc on my autonomous nervous system... which makes me prone to lazy thinking and inactivity, halting any intellectual growth that could have been accumulated otherwise (is this Pi behaviour?) and also completely removing the possibility for emotional bonding.

When my anxiety has subsided through use of (Opiates, Kratom, SSRI's typically) I tend to be more argumentative and openly critical. Of course maybe this change of personality could be just a side-effect of all the drugs have once used to suppress my anxiety rather than being my natural self minus the anxiety. But even if this were the case, I suppose it wouldn't make my Enneagram type any less official since it is based of why I act the way I do, and my mental issues just contribute to the "why".
    Consciousness is good. It's good you got it out.

I know for me that irritability/rage is just suppressed s**t that is buried. I am trying to let out those repressed or hurt feelings in healthier ways at times when I am not feeling stressed by people or life, or with mindfulness, versus reactivity.

For you suppression might manifest as anxiety. For another, fear. Avoidance and dissociation are great tools to use to avoid feeling, or being triggered. But not so good when you want to interact with others, or be in relationship.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Likes Chrysanthe liked this post