User Tag List

Page 6243 of 6781 FirstFirst ... 52435743614361936233624162426243624462456253629363436743 ... LastLast
Results 62,421 to 62,430 of 67805

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    I'm not easily moved by movies or tv shows , at all, but that ending gives me wet eyes every f*cking time I see it. Damn tear jerker
    Is that the one with time travelling Fry? Sacrifices himself? So he's protagonist and antagonist?

Quote Originally Posted by Noll View Post
    Yes, my primary reason for being so much on here in the past was that I had no one to turn to in real life, and there was nothing I could do about it at the time. This was my place to go to instead, I think that's the case for a lot of regulars on the forum and Ventrilo. The other reason I can think of would be nerdiness, and there's a lot of nerds here come to think of it. Me included. Sometimes.
    I see that a lot online, or I decide that's what's happening, unfortunately I've become aware of a lot of shady types who're just as aware, either there to ramp people suffering or cause a bit were there wasnt any to begin with. Maybe they're suffering too and its all an awful cycle but I dont know.

Known enough trolls who simply dont give a fuck or arent old enough to give a fuck.
    Likes Noll liked this post

We could solve much of the wrongness problem, Ioannidis says, if the world simply stopped expecting scientists to be right. That’s because being wrong in science is fine, and even necessary—as long as scientists recognize that they blew it, report their mistake openly instead of disguising it as a success, and then move on to the next thing, until they come up with the very occasional genuine breakthrough. But as long as careers remain contingent on producing a stream of research that’s dressed up to seem more right than it is, scientists will keep delivering exactly that.
    Lies, Damned Lies, and Medical Science
    Dr. John Ioannidis Exposes the Bad Science of Colleagues - The Atlantic

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Is that the one with time travelling Fry? Sacrifices himself? So he's protagonist and antagonist?
    No.It's the one with his dog where they do not resurrect him assuming he had years of a fulfilled happy life after Fry. Then you see the dog has never been happy again and has loyaly awaited Fry's return until he died a lonely death.

The sad music contributes to the mood with the lyrics going "I'll wait for you".
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari
    Likes Petrahygen liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    No.It's the one with his dog where they do not resurrect him assuming he had years of a fulfilled happy life after Fry. Then you see the dog has never been happy again and has loyaly awaited Fry's return until he died a lonely death.

The sad music contributes to the mood with the lyrics going "I'll be there for you".
    Oh I think I remember it now, I actually thought that was pretty high concept for the show. I loved it.

WHY do my parents think I need to be out socializing all the time, and doing things I have no interest in doing? HOW does constant socializing in all aspects fulfil me, when it's just empty and pointless? I don't see how that helps anything or anyone at all. It just makes things worse, the same way forced socializing with parents makes you want to avoid them more. No, just because I don't 'socialize' or go out and 'do stuff' all the time, it doesn't mean there is anything wrong with me. You know?

If I want to study something, read a book or go on Youtube, I have every right to.

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

If I prefer Bach over Mozart, does that mean I look like I have a Bach preference? If you think so, quit smoking crack.

Oɴᴇ Hᴇᴀʀᴛ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

I went to the garden today and I went all by myself and I drove and I got lost but I found my way again and I helped and then I went home and I even got food. I think I'm going to be okay.

knowing what makes us happy
    is sometimes the hardest thing to do
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious
    Likes AphroditeGoneAwry liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Having just looked at the entire list of emoticons I realised that my dance to the NCIS theme tune goes a bit like this:

(I'm too ill to dance rn)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 21lux View Post
    I went to the garden today and I went all by myself and I drove and I got lost but I found my way again and I helped and then I went home and I even got food. I think I'm going to be okay.
    How big is your garden?