User Tag List

Page 6171 of 6772 FirstFirst ... 51715671607161216161616961706171617261736181622162716671 ... LastLast
Results 61,701 to 61,710 of 67712

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    :}

Reading eric harris and dylan *kreybornes*? diaries.

And I am finding them fascinating. I mean. Horrible, but fascinating psychologically. It-well-it reminds me again that everyone is a person. I don't know.
    Likes Masokissed liked this post

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    Lol being in Texas and tornado ally have seen, heard, and been around my fair share of tornadoes and hail storms. Right before we moved to Texas the people that lived across the street from where we moved to said a tornado jumped over their house and destroyed their barn and the church next to them. They had a couple acres and horses which was kinda funny because right across the street we moved into a hug housing subdivision with 3-4k sqft track homes and 15 feet between houses and we had country folk with horses and land, mom was a devout Christian with Bible quotes everywhere, crosses on the wall, dad was always out welding his trailers and stuff. Typical Texas stereotype next to huge track houses.

I do miss the sideways lightning, it seemed to almost stop. Would sit in front of my bay window when I was in 6th grade watching the lightning shoot sideways across the sky. Started as on bolt and then spread out into 10-15. Looked awesome.
    the annoying part is that I live on the other end of tornado ally and somehow always miss the tornadoes... we had one go through a part of our property and I missed it (my parents took all of the dead wood left over and turned it into their floor), had one go by a few blocks from my work and I was at home that day and when we had a tornado when I was in school the damned thing was on the other side of the building and we kept staring out the window and couldn't see it (the sky did look completely awesome though!). Always just miss them... and I suppose that the neighbors decided that God protected them?

sideways lightning sounds pretty amazing... one weather thing I'll always remember is when I worked in the hotel we had some really bad weather come by south of us and the sky was a dark charcoal grey... only there was a gap in the clouds to the west for a little bit and the setting sun shined through and everything was golden against the backdrop of the clouds... and to the south there was constant lightning in the sky... a good portion of the guests and me (I was driving the shuttle at the time) and the front desk lady were all just standing in the parking lot in awe of how everything looked... and then the storm hit us and we all ran for the front porch laughing to watch the storm some more... that bit of time with the dark sky but golden light... so wish I had a camera then...
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    eSTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    the annoying part is that I live on the other end of tornado ally and somehow always miss the tornadoes... we had one go through a part of our property and I missed it (my parents took all of the dead wood left over and turned it into their floor), had one go by a few blocks from my work and I was at home that day and when we had a tornado when I was in school the damned thing was on the other side of the building and we kept staring out the window and couldn't see it (the sky did look completely awesome though!). Always just miss them... and I suppose that the neighbors decided that God protected them?

sideways lightning sounds pretty amazing... one weather thing I'll always remember is when I worked in the hotel we had some really bad weather come by south of us and the sky was a dark charcoal grey... only there was a gap in the clouds to the west for a little bit and the setting sun shined through and everything was golden against the backdrop of the clouds... and to the south there was constant lightning in the sky... a good portion of the guests and me (I was driving the shuttle at the time) and the front desk lady were all just standing in the parking lot in awe of how everything looked... and then the storm hit us and we all ran for the front porch laughing to watch the storm some more... that bit of time with the dark sky but golden light... so wish I had a camera then...
    Nice

Everytime we get tornado warnings I go outside because it just looks awesome. Everything gets this yellow tint like when you put on those yellow sunglasses and the grass and trees turn a vibrant green along with flowers since tornado season is spring, awesome strong cool breeze, and the sirens...its like heaven...lol. My mom is a gardener so her whole yard looks cool when it happens. We have had 2 instances of hail so far this month. First was tiny pea size, second was a little bigger. Golf ball and baseball size gets crazy, looks like someone took that baseball machine at batting cages and unloaded at the sides of houses. Destroys siding.
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Nice

Everytime we get tornado warnings I go outside because it just looks awesome. Everything gets this yellow tint like when you put on those yellow sunglasses and the grass and trees turn a vibrant green along with flowers since tornado season is spring, awesome strong cool breeze, and the sirens...its like heaven...lol. My mom is a gardener so her whole yard looks cool when it happens. We have had 2 instances of hail so far this month. First was tiny pea size, second was a little bigger. Golf ball and baseball size gets crazy, looks like someone took that baseball machine at batting cages and unloaded at the sides of houses. Destroys siding.
    such lovely lighting... last time we had one about a mile away I was standing in the middle of the street staring at the sky in the spitting rain... the only person outside within view... everything just looked so strange and unnatural

and I've never seen hail bigger than a quarter, though when I was in high school we went through a town in Nebraska that had grapefruit sized hail the week before... we thought that the town had been abandoned for a long time because the windows were boarded up and broken and the roofs were dilapidated and siding falling off and the only cars in sight looked like someone'd taken a baseball bat to them. hail is SCARY
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Nice

I've only seen this once in Austin, back in May of 1997. It's kind of cool how that happens. It signals that there are some very stacked storm clouds reaching high into the atmosphere, where it catches the yellow light of the sun, which once filtered through the clouds puts that green tinge on things. It isn't a one-to-one thing. Green definitely means "bad storm" (really bad storm!), but not necessarily tornadoes, and grey skies can have tornadoes.

Don't mind me ... my way of appreciating the beauty of nature often involves seeing the physics behind it.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes Poki liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

It's still amazing that I find the first album of bands to be still of great or more worth than their current albums most of the time. When it's solo, it tends to be reversed I believe.

band examples: Anberlin, Thrice, Coheed and Cambria, Foxy Shazam, Rise Against, Green Day, Ladytron, Underoath, definitely most classic rock bands - journey, Styx, van halen, Rush, anyway I'm sure there are plenty of examples.

Solo artists: Lights, Prize Fighter Inferno, Hellogoodbye, Most DJ's, Mija somehow skyrockets with improvement as year after year passes by. Skrillex, Nero, lots of dubstep artists, so yeah.
    [Interviewer: "What was it like to be defined by being beautiful?"]
    Connelly: "It's uncomfortable to talk about - there's no way to come off right! If you say you are beautiful, you sound obnoxious, and if you deny it, doesn't that sound obnoxious?"

don't google taco xxx
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.
    Likes Masokissed, Forever liked this post

Oɴᴇ Dᴀʏ ᴀᴛ ᴀ Tɪᴍᴇ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

I just went through an entire class without opening my phone even once. I'm so proud of myself.

Mirror, mirror, what's behind you?
    Save me from the things I see
    I can keep it from the world
    Why won't you let me hide from me?
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious
    Likes Masokissed liked this post

Don't Dream It, Be It Array Masokissed's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP