User Tag List

Page 6141 of 6784 FirstFirst ... 51415641604160916131613961406141614261436151619162416641 ... LastLast
Results 61,401 to 61,410 of 67840

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

It's Spring Break here at the university where I work, and the campus Starbucks is closed for the week. Woe! How am I to get my caffeine fix? There are a couple of other options nearby, but they all suck.

Today I decided to try a "new" coffee shop. I say "new" in quotations, because this is a shop that previously existed under the name "The Heavenly Cup." It closed for quite awhile, and has reopened as "The Humble Cup." As you might guess, it is a Christian coffee shop. This wouldn't bother me if the coffee was good, but it is not. I am wondering why they renamed it. If they thought The Heavenly Cup sounded too Christian and was putting off members of the highly-liberal campus community, I don't think The Humble Cup is any better. If, on the other hand, they thought Heavenly was a dishonest way to describe their coffee.... well, then, Humble is indeed much more fitting.

Moral of the story: Stop at Starbucks on the way to work tomorrow.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/
    Likes Qlip liked this post

ggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Array Anaximander's Avatar
    MBTI
    mkgr

Quote Originally Posted by Rico View Post
    Poop is your new name okay?
    You said you were Poop earlier on the Type Me Thread
    Poop E. McDooders
    Likes Rico liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    Poop E. McDooders
    Aka #3
    Why you looking for a harmony?
    There is harmony in everything
    It's a butterfly who waits for wind
    To fly away

If you're looking for a dream girl
    I'll never be your dream girl
    Living in the real world
    Looking for a dream girl

Likes Rico, Anaximander liked this post

I think just being used with international programmed forums and other secure sales websites and stuff like that means I'm going to be perpetually disappointed by local recruitment agencies and the like which do not operate with the same standards of customer satisfaction and user friendly design.

Oɴᴇ Hᴇᴀʀᴛ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Protege View Post
    The fact that you and @21lux are so keenly attuned to the fact of how you don't fit into the context of Fe and how you just don't relate to other Fe types seems like a rather Fe-centered concern because that, in itself, is using the "group" or other people as an objective measure. IXTJs are just like "meh, whatever... this is who I am... take it or leave it..." even when they are being quite kind and sweet.
    ya

I just hate how Fe is described/seen by the majority of people. Because I don't relate to how most people see it at all. It's very frustrating to turn every corner and see someone assessing Fe as the hivemind or the preps/jocks of high school or as someone who's so expressive and dramatic that they can't even contain their emotions because that's so not like me at all. And I may not be an Fe dom but if I'm an Fe aux and I still can't relate at all to how non-Fe types describe Fe then maybe they're just describing it wrong.

I think it's horse shit that Fe is solely focused on "group morality" and "external values of society." Everyone has their own personal values. EVERYONE. I don't give a shit what mainstream society thinks about LGBT rights, they can love it or leave it but regardless of what they think I will always support it for my own personal reasons. Fe and Fi just express them differently. Maybe Fi just gives less weight to external opinion. I'm pretty aware of social atmosphere and while I will never compromise my own values I may choose not to express them in a place where I know they would not be welcomed in order to "keep the peace" so to speak.

(should we split all of these Fi/Fe posts off into a new thread??)

knowing what makes us happy
    is sometimes the hardest thing to do
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious
    Likes FutureInProgress liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    It's Spring Break here at the university where I work, and the campus Starbucks is closed for the week. Woe! How am I to get my caffeine fix? There are a couple of other options nearby, but they all suck.

Today I decided to try a "new" coffee shop. I say "new" in quotations, because this is a shop that previously existed under the name "The Heavenly Cup." It closed for quite awhile, and has reopened as "The Humble Cup." As you might guess, it is a Christian coffee shop. This wouldn't bother me if the coffee was good, but it is not. I am wondering why they renamed it. If they thought The Heavenly Cup sounded too Christian and was putting off members of the highly-liberal campus community, I don't think The Humble Cup is any better. If, on the other hand, they thought Heavenly was a dishonest way to describe their coffee.... well, then, Humble is indeed much more fitting.

Moral of the story: Stop at Starbucks on the way to work tomorrow.
    I don't understand why coffee needs to be Christian. The whole concept of Christian commerce confuses me. Anyway, cheers...

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    eNfJ
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by 21lux View Post
    ya

I just hate how Fe is described/seen by the majority of people. Because I don't relate to how most people see it at all. It's very frustrating to turn every corner and see someone assessing Fe as the hivemind or the preps/jocks of high school or as someone who's so expressive and dramatic that they can't even contain their emotions because that's so not like me at all. And I may not be an Fe dom but if I'm an Fe aux and I still can't relate at all to how non-Fe types describe Fe then maybe they're just describing it wrong.

I think it's horse shit that Fe is solely focused on "group morality" and "external values of society." Everyone has their own personal values. EVERYONE. I don't give a shit what mainstream society thinks about LGBT rights, they can love it or leave it but regardless of what they think I will always support it for my own personal reasons. Fe and Fi just express them differently. Maybe Fi just gives less weight to external opinion. I'm pretty aware of social atmosphere and while I will never compromise my own values I may choose not to express them in a place where I know they would not be welcomed in order to "keep the peace" so to speak.

(should we split all of these Fi/Fe posts off into a new thread??)
    I don't relate to the hive mind shit either. Fe talk actually exhausts me. It doesn't inhibit me because it's just a mere preference. In real life, I act as the voice of reason for several people and i am not just a mindless drone. I have been told by many that I am logical albeit emotional.
    Likes Yamato Nadeshiko liked this post

Oɴᴇ Hᴇᴀʀᴛ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

I don't relate to the hive mind shit either. Fe talk actually exhausts me. It doesn't inhibit me because it's just a mere preference. In real life, I act as the voice of reason for several people and i am not just a mindless drone. I have been told by many that I am logical albeit emotional.
    Yeah I could easily get mistaken as a T irl, but that might also have to do with strong introversion/Si, being sp-first, being shy/aloof around people I don't really know, etc. So my Fe aux is pretty invisible compared to the strength of those other preferences. It's easier to see the Fe-ness online. It's weird but I'm actually more comfortable and muchhh more open and less private here than I am irl.

knowing what makes us happy
    is sometimes the hardest thing to do
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Yeah totally. You can BS all you want with hypothetical situations but there are usually so many nuances to consider that it would be hard to pinpoint what one would exactly do.

As to the question, I think you are pretty cool. You would probably be an interesting person to get to know in real life. And when I notice specific, unique qualities in others, I like to express what I see. Humanity, as a whole, is very similar. But no two people are exactly the same in terms of what they can share and offer to the world. Some people just really stick out to me.
    Haha yeah, so many variables and factors. It could be strangers, it could be someone you know. Maybe your friend did want to sacrifice himself for the greater good, who knows?

Thanks. That's definitely true, with one thing we learn in life is another one may take for granted. An infinite lens that each one person makes, make us all beautiful. You are becoming a fine forum member.
    Why you looking for a harmony?
    There is harmony in everything
    It's a butterfly who waits for wind
    To fly away

If you're looking for a dream girl
    I'll never be your dream girl
    Living in the real world
    Looking for a dream girl

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I have a job interview! Next Friday! Yay! *Crosses fingers*

The salary for an Assistant Director position is pretty piss-poor, (about $20K less than what the Assistant Directors in my office make...) but at this point, as long as it meets my minimum salary requirement, I'm game.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/
    Likes Lark, FutureInProgress liked this post