User Tag List

  1. #61401
    Starcrossed Seafarer Aquarelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    3,531

    Default

    It's Spring Break here at the university where I work, and the campus Starbucks is closed for the week. Woe! How am I to get my caffeine fix? There are a couple of other options nearby, but they all suck.

    Today I decided to try a "new" coffee shop. I say "new" in quotations, because this is a shop that previously existed under the name "The Heavenly Cup." It closed for quite awhile, and has reopened as "The Humble Cup." As you might guess, it is a Christian coffee shop. This wouldn't bother me if the coffee was good, but it is not. I am wondering why they renamed it. If they thought The Heavenly Cup sounded too Christian and was putting off members of the highly-liberal campus community, I don't think The Humble Cup is any better. If, on the other hand, they thought Heavenly was a dishonest way to describe their coffee.... well, then, Humble is indeed much more fitting.

    Moral of the story: Stop at Starbucks on the way to work tomorrow.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

    My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/
    Likes Qlip liked this post

  2. #61402
    Aspiring polymath asynartetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Enneagram
    953 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp Te
    Posts
    8,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rico View Post
    Poop is your new name okay?
    You said you were Poop earlier on the Type Me Thread
    Poop E. McDooders
    Likes Captain_Invincible liked this post

  3. #61403
    Les Do Dis Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IxI Ni
    Posts
    6,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    Poop E. McDooders
    Aka #3
    everybody has gone through something that has changed them in a way that they could never go back to the person they once were
    Likes Captain_Invincible, asynartetic liked this post

  4. #61404

    Default

    I think just being used with international programmed forums and other secure sales websites and stuff like that means I'm going to be perpetually disappointed by local recruitment agencies and the like which do not operate with the same standards of customer satisfaction and user friendly design.

  5. #61405
    Sweet Summer Child yama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1 so/sp
    Posts
    7,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Protege View Post
    The fact that you and @21lux are so keenly attuned to the fact of how you don't fit into the context of Fe and how you just don't relate to other Fe types seems like a rather Fe-centered concern because that, in itself, is using the "group" or other people as an objective measure. IXTJs are just like "meh, whatever... this is who I am... take it or leave it..." even when they are being quite kind and sweet.
    ya

    I just hate how Fe is described/seen by the majority of people. Because I don't relate to how most people see it at all. It's very frustrating to turn every corner and see someone assessing Fe as the hivemind or the preps/jocks of high school or as someone who's so expressive and dramatic that they can't even contain their emotions because that's so not like me at all. And I may not be an Fe dom but if I'm an Fe aux and I still can't relate at all to how non-Fe types describe Fe then maybe they're just describing it wrong.

    I think it's horse shit that Fe is solely focused on "group morality" and "external values of society." Everyone has their own personal values. EVERYONE. I don't give a shit what mainstream society thinks about LGBT rights, they can love it or leave it but regardless of what they think I will always support it for my own personal reasons. Fe and Fi just express them differently. Maybe Fi just gives less weight to external opinion. I'm pretty aware of social atmosphere and while I will never compromise my own values I may choose not to express them in a place where I know they would not be welcomed in order to "keep the peace" so to speak.

    (should we split all of these Fi/Fe posts off into a new thread??)
    Likes FutureInProgress liked this post

  6. #61406
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    It's Spring Break here at the university where I work, and the campus Starbucks is closed for the week. Woe! How am I to get my caffeine fix? There are a couple of other options nearby, but they all suck.

    Today I decided to try a "new" coffee shop. I say "new" in quotations, because this is a shop that previously existed under the name "The Heavenly Cup." It closed for quite awhile, and has reopened as "The Humble Cup." As you might guess, it is a Christian coffee shop. This wouldn't bother me if the coffee was good, but it is not. I am wondering why they renamed it. If they thought The Heavenly Cup sounded too Christian and was putting off members of the highly-liberal campus community, I don't think The Humble Cup is any better. If, on the other hand, they thought Heavenly was a dishonest way to describe their coffee.... well, then, Humble is indeed much more fitting.

    Moral of the story: Stop at Starbucks on the way to work tomorrow.
    I don't understand why coffee needs to be Christian. The whole concept of Christian commerce confuses me. Anyway, cheers...

  7. #61407
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    MBTI
    eNfJ
    Enneagram
    359 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EIE Ni
    Posts
    1,475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 21lux View Post
    ya

    I just hate how Fe is described/seen by the majority of people. Because I don't relate to how most people see it at all. It's very frustrating to turn every corner and see someone assessing Fe as the hivemind or the preps/jocks of high school or as someone who's so expressive and dramatic that they can't even contain their emotions because that's so not like me at all. And I may not be an Fe dom but if I'm an Fe aux and I still can't relate at all to how non-Fe types describe Fe then maybe they're just describing it wrong.

    I think it's horse shit that Fe is solely focused on "group morality" and "external values of society." Everyone has their own personal values. EVERYONE. I don't give a shit what mainstream society thinks about LGBT rights, they can love it or leave it but regardless of what they think I will always support it for my own personal reasons. Fe and Fi just express them differently. Maybe Fi just gives less weight to external opinion. I'm pretty aware of social atmosphere and while I will never compromise my own values I may choose not to express them in a place where I know they would not be welcomed in order to "keep the peace" so to speak.

    (should we split all of these Fi/Fe posts off into a new thread??)
    I don't relate to the hive mind shit either. Fe talk actually exhausts me. It doesn't inhibit me because it's just a mere preference. In real life, I act as the voice of reason for several people and i am not just a mindless drone. I have been told by many that I am logical albeit emotional.
    Likes yama liked this post

  8. #61408
    Sweet Summer Child yama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1 so/sp
    Posts
    7,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Protege View Post
    I don't relate to the hive mind shit either. Fe talk actually exhausts me. It doesn't inhibit me because it's just a mere preference. In real life, I act as the voice of reason for several people and i am not just a mindless drone. I have been told by many that I am logical albeit emotional.
    Yeah I could easily get mistaken as a T irl, but that might also have to do with strong introversion/Si, being sp-first, being shy/aloof around people I don't really know, etc. So my Fe aux is pretty invisible compared to the strength of those other preferences. It's easier to see the Fe-ness online. It's weird but I'm actually more comfortable and muchhh more open and less private here than I am irl.
    Likes FutureInProgress liked this post

  9. #61409
    Les Do Dis Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IxI Ni
    Posts
    6,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Protege View Post
    Yeah totally. You can BS all you want with hypothetical situations but there are usually so many nuances to consider that it would be hard to pinpoint what one would exactly do.


    As to the question, I think you are pretty cool. You would probably be an interesting person to get to know in real life. And when I notice specific, unique qualities in others, I like to express what I see. Humanity, as a whole, is very similar. But no two people are exactly the same in terms of what they can share and offer to the world. Some people just really stick out to me.
    Haha yeah, so many variables and factors. It could be strangers, it could be someone you know. Maybe your friend did want to sacrifice himself for the greater good, who knows?

    Thanks. That's definitely true, with one thing we learn in life is another one may take for granted. An infinite lens that each one person makes, make us all beautiful. You are becoming a fine forum member.
    everybody has gone through something that has changed them in a way that they could never go back to the person they once were
    Likes FutureInProgress liked this post

  10. #61410
    Starcrossed Seafarer Aquarelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    3,531

    Default

    I have a job interview! Next Friday! Yay! *Crosses fingers*

    The salary for an Assistant Director position is pretty piss-poor, (about $20K less than what the Assistant Directors in my office make...) but at this point, as long as it meets my minimum salary requirement, I'm game.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

    My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/
    Likes Lark, FutureInProgress liked this post

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :wubbie:
  • :smile:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink:
  • :cry:
  • :(
  • :mad:
  • :dry:
  • :doh:
  • :unsure:
  • :shock:
  • :huh:
  • :shrug:

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread
    By Giggly in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 790
    Last Post: 07-11-2017, 08:22 PM
  2. [NT] Random thought thread (NT version)
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 10-22-2016, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO