User Tag List

Page 6134 of 6780 FirstFirst ... 51345634603460846124613261336134613561366144618462346634 ... LastLast
Results 61,331 to 61,340 of 67794

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ Fᴇᴇʟs Lɪᴋᴇ Hᴏᴍᴇ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

My back has been hurting so badly all damn day. Maybe I slept weird.

I'm so alone
    Trying to find my way back home to you
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so

When I'm eating peanut M&Ms and one of them turns out to have no peanut, I feel pleased. The crunch of the candy shell giving way to nothing but chocolate...how fantastic. It's different from eating plain M&Ms, though. It's more special because it doesn't happen often.

across the universe Array Olm the Water King's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

Guess what my dad ate all my ice cream like a bitch but then he bought me more so now im gonna EAT SOME ICE CREAM

I'm so alone
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

AND NOW I GET PIZZA! Hot damn what a good day to be alive

I'm so alone
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Likes Petrahygen liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Ok so there's this girl who I told her a few months back I have given up on her because she plays hard to get (I talked to her a few times and had her number). Few months later being today, I see her again at the library. I notice she keeps giving me a few looks even her friends look at me. A few moments later the friend leaves... another more few moments later I notice she is leaving.. but a moment later she's talking to that friend who looked at me earlier and then she keeps looking at me from a further distance then she keeps talking and talking and I'm reading pages of my Albert Camus book and she still looks at me.

Ok but get this, I put my book away in my bag. And as soon as I get up, she starts walking away. And she's on the phone the entire time as I cross through campus and she looks back when finally my path changes from hers...

SUAVE Y SUERTE GENTLEMEN / LADIES HELP ME HERE. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
    [Interviewer: "What was it like to be defined by being beautiful?"]
    Connelly: "It's uncomfortable to talk about - there's no way to come off right! If you say you are beautiful, you sound obnoxious, and if you deny it, doesn't that sound obnoxious?"

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

For @themightyfetus and maybe @Inis Mona and @uumlau

Quote Originally Posted by mbti fiction
    Foreword: this post applies equally to ISTJs, in regards to the Fi function)

All the INTJ stereotypes say that we’re cold and don’t care about other people. Yet, many of us defy this stereotype.

When I care about someone, I filter my words to avoid offense and understand people on a deeper level than they often understand themselves (which is another reason to filter my thoughts, because otherwise people freak out at how much I know about them).

Naturally, I started to wonder if my ability to understand people so well stemmed from an Fe function, but eventually I determined that I’m an INTJ with an extremely well developed Fi, and here’s why.

While I understand people on an extreme level, I don’t feel their emotions the way an Fe user would. My Ni lets me know intuitively what’s going on behind the lines and then I’m able to logically put together what someone is feeling by using Te. I can understand, but I cannot empathize unless I have shared experience.

I understand my own emotions on a level that allows me to both put a name to them and to pin point exactly what I’m feeling, whereas an Fe user doesn’t always recognize immediately what they are feeling (or why they are feeling it).

When watching a movie I rarely cry (I can name one movie that I’ve cried in), and if I do, it’s only out of shared experience. An Fe user is more likely to cry in a movie due to their connection with universal ethics and emotions, rather than because they can directly relate to something that happens in the movie.

The second question you have to ask yourself when determining whether you use Fi or Fe is: “how much of my moral code and world-view internally based vs. externally based?”

I’m constantly building and refining and extensive worldview inside my head, and for a long time I questioned this, thinking that it was Ti. Gradually, however, I came to realize that this was just me, using Fi to determine what I think is true/false/right/wrong. Fi typically relies on internal principles that are adopted by the individual because he/she feels that it is right or wrong, rather than because it is what they have been taught.

Fe users tend to be more accepting of societal morality. When they want to know if something is right or wrong, they might consult a friend, while Fi users typically ask themselves what is right or wrong. My parents have always taught me to do certain things, but I always questioned it in my mind. Just because my mother/society says this is the right thing to do never made anything seem authentically right to me.

An Fi is always less comfortable expressing his/her emotions than an Fe. An Fi caught crying will want to hide, while an Fe will want someone to confide in. Fi users usually like to work through their emotional struggles alone, but Fe users need to talk through them with others. Fe need to connect with people on an emotional level, while Fi want to connect with people on a thought based level.

Fe users are also more accepting of society’s norms and traditions than Fi users. In the INTJ this typically transforms to having an obsession with non-conformity and individualism. Fe users are more in tune with what is deemed “appropriate” in their society, while tertiary Fi has a more difficult time recognizing this. In an INFJ, this would translate to wanting to help people and make sure everyone is comfortable, while not necessarily worrying about staying true to the self.

So in answer to the question specifically, an INTJ with a well developed Fi will –yes– care deeply about how his/her actions and words affect other people (which doesn’t necessarily mean that they will be able to prevent their Te from offending others). They will have a strong awareness of their own emotions, but will need to determine what other people are feeling through a more logic-based approach.

Examples:

INTJ with a well developed Fi: Ender Wiggin, Bruce Wayne

INTJ with poorly developed Fi: Coriolanus, Sherlock
    Link: Understanding Sympathetic INTJs – Fi vs Fe – The Book Addict's Guide to MBTI:
    Connelly: "It's uncomfortable to talk about - there's no way to come off right! If you say you are beautiful, you sound obnoxious, and if you deny it, doesn't that sound obnoxious?"

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I believe it was colder yesterday but still, not bad.

I like ice cream Array Enthusiastic_Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I know this is concerning INTJs with a strong Fi, but nevertheless, I identified with much of it too, such as being able to pinpoint exactly what I'm feeling and preferring to feel my negative emotions in solitude. I feel there is a lot of miscommunication on both feeling functions not just Fe, and because I'm finally letting it come out instead of suppressing it, I'm realizing just how powerful a tool it can be. Fun read!
    A mind wanders as does the soul

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams".
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

"I or E: NF or ENTP, you'll always be ARET to me. Ambiverting, Rational thinking, Emoting, and Trailblazing since the 90's"
    -Cloudpatrol

Love you Clouds!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic_Dreamer View Post
    I know this is concerning INTJs with a strong Fi, but nevertheless, I identified with much of it too, such as being able to pinpoint exactly what I'm feeling and preferring to feel my negative emotions in solitude. I feel there is a lot of miscommunication on both feeling functions not just Fe, and because I'm finally letting it come out instead of suppressing it, I'm realizing just how powerful a tool it can be. Fun read!
    It's perhaps I don't understand Fe. When I did understand it to be compartmentalization of being different to everyone, I understand it's a very powerful tool but it's kind of just as repulsive. I guess when it's used right it's probably a very beautiful function.