User Tag List

  1. #61321
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,098

    Default

    I'm going to start singing Shake It Off to myself every time I'm finished using the urinal
    Likes asynartetic, yama liked this post

  2. #61322
    breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None
    Posts
    6,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    Yeah, I know groups like this that are stupid as hell and can't really come to any type of agreement. Then end up breaking off on their own and find groups that are more alike because they work better together and accomplish more.
    I encountered a related idea recently in another article. Google researched their teams to determine success or failure. Some groups had a bunch of very smart people. Others had average skills.

    The successful teams were those with good interpersonal relations. Everyone got heard. Some argued a lot. Others joked a lot. Neither dynamic out did the other.

    But it was Google found that teams members with higher ability to read people did better than those with lower interpersonal skills.

    So even teams with average skills could perform extremely well if they were in sync, no matter the style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

    -------------------

    Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

    9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so
    Likes geedoenfj, Poki liked this post

  3. #61323
    breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None
    Posts
    6,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cellmold View Post
    Especially if they are trying to reach a mutual goal.
    Actually, the Wisdom of Crowds idea that each person acting independently, then aggregate result will be very close to correct.

    Four different ex. from the book

    Guessing the weight of a cow at a fair....787 people guessed and were with a single pound once averaged the responses (1127 lbs vs 1128)

    A missing submarine.... team from various backgrounds each provided their ideas. Combining every idea, came up with a location which no one individual picked. Sub was found 220 yards from spot....out of the entire Atlantic Ocean...

    Third ex: pro football betting. Line is set to split the wagers. Final score is near tbe final line in 99% of cases.

    Fourth ex. Challenger explosion. 4 companies primarily involved got hit with stock drops, but rocket manufacturer got biggest hit, 12% down vs. 3% down. 6 months later, rocket manufacturer found at fault.

    Investigation for improper stock trades followed, but none were found. Market just decided in hours what was found out months later.....

    I guess you could call it a mutual goal, but only in the extent they are trying to be right. They are competing with each other....
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

    -------------------

    Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

    9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

  4. #61324
    TOBLERONE asynartetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    dork
    Enneagram
    954 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,074

    Default

    pachelbel canon in d may be overplayed and overused in weddings and shit but it's still quite lovely
    Formerly Anaximander
    Likes uumlau, Aquarelle liked this post

  5. #61325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    What ya up to?

  6. #61326
    across the universe Olm the Water King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    1,584

    Default


  7. #61327

    Default

    If only, if only.

  8. #61328

    Default

    My Mama don't like me, and she like everyone.
    Am I surprised? No!

  9. #61329
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    MBTI
    eNfJ
    Enneagram
    359 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EIE Ni
    Posts
    1,508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SearchingforPeace View Post
    Interesting....
    Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    Yeah, I know groups like this that are stupid as hell and can't really come to any type of agreement. Then end up breaking off on their own and find groups that are more alike because they work better together and accomplish more.
    Quote Originally Posted by SearchingforPeace View Post
    I encountered a related idea recently in another article. Google researched their teams to determine success or failure. Some groups had a bunch of very smart people. Others had average skills.

    The successful teams were those with good interpersonal relations. Everyone got heard. Some argued a lot. Others joked a lot. Neither dynamic out did the other.

    But it was Google found that teams members with higher ability to read people did better than those with lower interpersonal skills.

    So even teams with average skills could perform extremely well if they were in sync, no matter the style.
    One word, ego.
    Likes Poki liked this post

  10. #61330
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SearchingforPeace View Post
    Actually, the Wisdom of Crowds idea that each person acting independently, then aggregate result will be very close to correct.

    Four different ex. from the book

    Guessing the weight of a cow at a fair....787 people guessed and were with a single pound once averaged the responses (1127 lbs vs 1128)

    A missing submarine.... team from various backgrounds each provided their ideas. Combining every idea, came up with a location which no one individual picked. Sub was found 220 yards from spot....out of the entire Atlantic Ocean...

    Third ex: pro football betting. Line is set to split the wagers. Final score is near tbe final line in 99% of cases.

    Fourth ex. Challenger explosion. 4 companies primarily involved got hit with stock drops, but rocket manufacturer got biggest hit, 12% down vs. 3% down. 6 months later, rocket manufacturer found at fault.

    Investigation for improper stock trades followed, but none were found. Market just decided in hours what was found out months later.....

    I guess you could call it a mutual goal, but only in the extent they are trying to be right. They are competing with each other....
    That was my point, yes? I agree with it?

    Probably should have /notsarcasm'ed it. I agree with the premise, it makes sense from what I've seen. It's when people try to interfere with a 'correct' method that all 'should' adapt to that you get problems.
    'Consciousness is not simply a sensory-perceptual affair, a matter of mental imagery, as the contents of our mind would have us believe. It is deeply enmeshed with the brain mechanisms that automatically promote action readiness' - Jaak Panksepp

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread
    By Giggly in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 790
    Last Post: 07-11-2017, 08:22 PM
  2. [NT] Random thought thread (NT version)
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 10-22-2016, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts