User Tag List

Page 6093 of 6771 FirstFirst ... 50935593599360436083609160926093609460956103614361936593 ... LastLast
Results 60,921 to 60,930 of 67708

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Oɴᴇ Dᴀʏ ᴀᴛ ᴀ Tɪᴍᴇ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

I did it. I did my homework. So many homeworks. Lots of them,

Mirror, mirror, what's behind you?
    Save me from the things I see
    I can keep it from the world
    Why won't you let me hide from me?
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious
    Likes N/A liked this post

I like ice cream Array Enthusiastic_Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    If you can manage to get her to do this, you will be providing a valuable service, and making a major contribution to the relationship. This is something most of us sorely need, and somewhere deep down know we need, even if we don't quite realize it. This can make it tricky. For it to work, you have to understand her well enough to know what sorts of things will appeal to her: what she will enjoy, or find fun and interesting. Things that will push the envelope, but not too far.

My SIL can do this for me. She invited me, for example, to go with her to the midnight first sale of the 7th Harry Potter book at her local bookstore. One of these deals where half the clientele come dressed up as some character, the store had a scavenger hunt, prizes, refreshments, etc. Customers stood in line chatting (chatting, I tell you - with strangers!) while waiting for their pre-ordered copies. This is ordinarily NOT AT ALL the sort of thing I would attend. But my SIL knows I enjoyed the books - they spawned some of our more deep and satisfying discussions. She also knows my limits: no costume, and she can chat up the strangers while I just watch. She was able and willing to answer all my questions ahead of time (no surprises or tricking me into it). So I went, and we both had a good time.

So, lessons from this? Choose your "spontaneous" activity with care. Make sure it both ties into something you know she enjoys, but also includes a significant element that is new. If there are things you especially enjoy and want to share with her, point out to her something about it that will pique her curiosity. Research it well enough that you can answer her questions: where, when, how long, activities, attendance, attire, etc. She might surprise you and trust you enough to go along without asking questions like these. If so, all the better. For myself I find it does help to know a bit about the activity in advance. I think of this as meeting me halfway. As I told my SIL: I'll try your crazy stuff if you can give me some advance warning of what to expect.

Last but not least, if she puts up more than token resistance, don't push it. Try again later, and if you have more than a couple failures, just bring up the topic at a later time, and let her know why you would like to do more of these things with her.

Good luck, and feel free to ask more questions, here or by PM.
    Thanks a lot Cor! You've really provided some great incite. It's nice to know there IS something I can actually bring to the table. I think my lack of depth in any one field can leave me feeling intimidated by those with more singular interests. But I will remember what you said, about my value in bringing a more casual, fun side to the relationship.

Usually I'd consider myself great at reading people, but it's been more difficult with her since she is more reserved and quiet than other girls I've hung around, but there have definitely been times where both of us were laughing so hard, tears almost came out, and those are the times I enjoyed so much with her. I just need to figure out how to bring those moments around more often

And I appreciate the offer to ask more questions. I may just take you up on that if more come to mind!
    A mind wanders as does the soul

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams".
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

"I or E: NF or ENTP, you'll always be ARET to me. Ambiverting, Rational thinking, Emoting, and Trailblazing since the 90's"
    -Cloudpatrol

Love you Clouds!

Alchemist of life Array Coriolis's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic_Dreamer View Post
    Thanks a lot Cor! You've really provided some great incite. It's nice to know there IS something I can actually bring to the table. I think my lack of depth in any one field can leave me feeling intimidated by those with more singular interests. But I will remember what you said, about my value in bringing a more casual, fun side to the relationship.

Usually I'd consider myself great at reading people, but it's been more difficult with her since she is more reserved and quiet than other girls I've hung around, but there have definitely been times where both of us were laughing so hard, tears almost came out, and those are the times I enjoyed so much with her. I just need to figure out how to bring those moments around more often
    It is more than the highlighted. You have the potential to help her broaden her horizons in ways she would take forever to do, if at all, on her own. Ni feeds on everything that Se vacuums up, so you never know where some of these things might lead. As for those moments of unbridled laughter, for this you need to tap into her sense of humor. It may be quite off the wall, but you can feed that as well. INTJs often find weird and unexpected humor in mundane, everyday events just because we can see them in such . . . alternative ways.
    Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it. We should remove the carrot and walk forward with our eyes open. -- Raistlin Majere

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Is that how robots talk? Sounds suspiciously like the people I know.
    Who do you know?
    [Interviewer: "What was it like to be defined by being beautiful?"]
    Connelly: "It's uncomfortable to talk about - there's no way to come off right! If you say you are beautiful, you sound obnoxious, and if you deny it, doesn't that sound obnoxious?"

Peace on Earth, dammit Array Thalassa's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think this election is still unpredictable. While Super Tuesday carried delagate-rich states, most were in the deep South, and most of the white people voted for Trump and most of the black people voted for Hillary. The Deep South is practically a foreign country, and the rest of the US isn't going to look this blatantly retarded.

The Republicans vigil for Never Trump, and Bernie taking four states isn't something to be sneezed at.
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

"In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3

Fasting for Advent

Give Vegan

SEE-Fi /Gamma
    Likes SearchingforPeace liked this post

Oɴᴇ Dᴀʏ ᴀᴛ ᴀ Tɪᴍᴇ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

Wow this forum is Great. I have a senpai ( @EJCC ), a kohai ( @themightyfetus ), an onii-chan ( @Anaximander ), an ESTJ boyfriend ( @Ghost ), and even my own flesh and blood son ( @Captain_Invincible ). I wonder what other great adventures are waiting for me

Mirror, mirror, what's behind you?
    Save me from the things I see
    I can keep it from the world
    Why won't you let me hide from me?
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious

MBTI
    eSTP

"The Donald"... Oh Lord, talk about hyping up something above what it is because you support it. I keep reading these political stuff and it reminds me why I don't do politics. Nothing but sales men...annoying as hell.
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.
    Likes Ivy, FutureInProgress liked this post

Google "chemtrails" Array Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    359 sp/so
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by 21lux View Post
    Wow this forum is Great. I have a senpai ( @EJCC ), a kohai ( @themightyfetus ), an onii-chan ( @Anaximander ), an ESTJ boyfriend ( @Ghost ), and even my own flesh and blood son ( @Captain_Invincible ). I wonder what other great adventures are waiting for me
    Would you like a seme?
    J. Scott Crothers
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes Yamato Nadeshiko liked this post

Alchemist of life Array Coriolis's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    Who do you know?
    Lots of folks. Just what sort of answer were you expecting?
    Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it. We should remove the carrot and walk forward with our eyes open. -- Raistlin Majere
    Likes N/A liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Lots of folks. Just what sort of answer were you expecting?
    Trust no one.

Haha just kidding. Really, actually specific people that would have been comical.
    [Interviewer: "What was it like to be defined by being beautiful?"]
    Connelly: "It's uncomfortable to talk about - there's no way to come off right! If you say you are beautiful, you sound obnoxious, and if you deny it, doesn't that sound obnoxious?"