User Tag List

Page 6088 of 6772 FirstFirst ... 50885588598860386078608660876088608960906098613861886588 ... LastLast
Results 60,871 to 60,880 of 67712

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Well you didnt need esp to see that one coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Up Rex View Post
    The INFJ broke some fingers in his hand during a sword fighting tournament last week. I am trying to talk him into getting a really tasteful hook to go over his cast.

So far my efforts have been unsuccessful as he pretends that he doesn't hear me when I mention said hook. It is very hurtful. I have also offered to roll him in bourbon and find a him a hat with a lot of character and a mysterious past. I hope my efforts will ultimately prove fruitful.

I shall report any on new developments.
    clearly he doesn't acts of service love language
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Oh Pik... Your trolling was so cute and out there. Rest in Ban. RIB. I got the Fi for the troll.
    [Interviewer: "What was it like to be defined by being beautiful?"]
    Connelly: "It's uncomfortable to talk about - there's no way to come off right! If you say you are beautiful, you sound obnoxious, and if you deny it, doesn't that sound obnoxious?"
    Likes themightyfetus liked this post

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    eNfJ
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I should start a thread about getting the job you want, I've been through the process many times (more than I would like), but this is more of a career transition than any of the others have been. I've got industry experience and a good track record, and I got hooked up with a really high quality shop downtown. This is the view from the Office:

Not too shabby

I'll be staying with this shop maybe for the rest of my career. I've been sooooo stressed throughout this process, this weekend was terrible as I thought they were going to contact me on Friday, and I had already resigned myself to not getting the position with this firm, and having to go with another one I don't like as much.

I'll have to start a how to interview well, build resume etc. thread, because that shit matters. This round of interviews has been tough. It's the first time I've not got an offer for every job I applied for, but looking back on it, I think that was God's plan for me. I don't think the jobs I didn't make it through were honestly right for me. They were bigger call center wire house operations (Merryl Lynch and Fidelity). I wouldn't have been happy there, and I can honestly make a boatload more $$$ with where I'm going now.

EDIT - this is like the third call back I've gotten from them, they just wanted my old production statements to figure out what plan they want to hire me on. It seemed from the call as if they had already decided to bring me on. Last year they interviewed something like 600 guys and only hired 14 across the region. I'm really lucky (you make your own luck) to get an opportunity.
    Awesome and please do!

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    yay! I can now schedule my oil change over the internet without having to call ahead and talk to an actual human being on the phone and feel super awkward... however, they'll still scold me for forgetting all about oil changes for way too long
    But, follow the vehicle manufacturer's oil change interval rather than the lube jockey's fear-mongering.

Way back when I paid to have oil changes done, I caught them pulling plenty of dirty tricks to generate more money:

1. "Hey, we changed your oil, but look! It's still dirty! Looks like you need an engine flush!"
    Me: flushes can cause leaks, they probably didn't change the filter or all of the oil.

2. "Your air filter is dirty, wanna replace it?"
    Me: "Excellent. Looks like it's working well, no thanks."

3. "Your driver's side wiper blade is broken. We can replace that if you want?"
    Me: "Um, no." *fixes it right in front of them by sliding the tab on the end back on which they probably slid off a few minutes ago* *glares*

I'm sure you'll get plenty of fear-mongering with the upcoming elections...

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9

Drinking Blantons bourbon and watching Skyfall in celebration of the job hunt success.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so
    Likes uumlau liked this post

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    But, follow the vehicle manufacturer's oil change interval rather than the lube jockey's fear-mongering.

Way back when I paid to have oil changes done, I caught them pulling plenty of dirty tricks to generate more money:

1. "Hey, we changed your oil, but look! It's still dirty! Looks like you need an engine flush!"
    Me: flushes can cause leaks, they probably didn't change the filter or all of the oil.

2. "Your air filter is dirty, wanna replace it?"
    Me: "Excellent. Looks like it's working well, no thanks."

3. "Your driver's side wiper blade is broken. We can replace that if you want?"
    Me: "Um, no." *fixes it right in front of them by sliding the tab on the end back on which they probably slid off a few minutes ago* *glares*

I'm sure you'll get plenty of fear-mongering with the upcoming elections...
    I'm sure that I shall!

I actually have kept a list of places I'm never willing to go again thanks to that sort of behavior, and when they'll let me I prepay to discourage them from doing anything extra (and let them know I'm kind of a cheap bitch)... but yeah, that behavior is seriously annoying

I should check when my vehicle manufacturer says to change it... thanks for the tip!
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett
    Likes JAVO liked this post

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I enjoy cursing and blaspheming and taking god's name in vain.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/
    Likes EJCC liked this post

Senior Member Array

Fuck God's couch, they should have never given Him money!
    Likes Aquarelle liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Fuck God's couch, they should have never given Him money!
    What in the Sofa King did you say? That is just Sofa King rude.

I worship Sofa King, in Sofa King Hell.

Sofa King amazing.

[Interviewer: "What was it like to be defined by being beautiful?"]
    Connelly: "It's uncomfortable to talk about - there's no way to come off right! If you say you are beautiful, you sound obnoxious, and if you deny it, doesn't that sound obnoxious?"