User Tag List

Page 6086 of 6762 FirstFirst ... 50865586598660366076608460856086608760886096613661866586 ... LastLast
Results 60,851 to 60,860 of 67620

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9

Sorry for my grumpiness on the Forum of late, I've been so stressed out about finding a new job that I've taken it out on everyone around me. Even a little on my lovely girlfriend, but she has been very understanding. The company I used to work for was closed on a God Damn conference call in January, with no heads up. Security people walked into the office during the call and reps from corporate came to discuss severance packages. It was like a scene out of a fucking movie. This weekend was like strait up existential terror for me. I'll probably be a little more chill now that I feel like the rest of my adult life won't be a damn train wreck.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so
    Likes miss fortune, uumlau liked this post

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

yay! I can now schedule my oil change over the internet without having to call ahead and talk to an actual human being on the phone and feel super awkward... however, they'll still scold me for forgetting all about oil changes for way too long
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett
    Likes uumlau liked this post

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    @DiscoBiscuit

That sounds like a great idea for a thread. It's exactly the kind of knowledge a lot of people need but don't get. Especially with all the just-out-of-college and almost-out-of-college members we have on here.
    I'll start one tonight. Gotta go grab some lunch and see deadpool in theaters. I've got a long day of celebrating ahead of me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    Congratulations. One of these days I'll ask you for ENTJ advice on how to win people over and get better jobs. I've always hated interviews and I'm too much of a behind-the-scenes type of person to ever rise up to leadership when surrounded by less competent co-workers.
    I'll start one tonight.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so
    Likes uumlau, Anaximander liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm really digging this Epictetus guy, I think he knew what he was talking about.

Getting shit done today, although it still seems like so little to actually have done. I live to such an incredible set of personal expectations and there's schedules upon bloudy schedules.
    Likes Rico liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I'm really digging this Epictetus guy, I think he knew what he was talking about.
    hahahahaha, arch conservative

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    hahahahaha, arch conservative
    For some reason I find a lot of amusement in you calling me that. /no sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    For some reason I find a lot of amusement in you calling me that. /no sarcasm
    No, Epictetus was considered to be an arch conservative, stoicism altogether could be considered to be given that its closely associated with quetism, passive behaviour and has its own naturalistic philosophy which would consider things like homosexuality abhorrent or decadent or degenerate.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari
    Likes Osprey liked this post