User Tag List

Page 6085 of 6777 FirstFirst ... 50855585598560356075608360846085608660876095613561856585 ... LastLast
Results 60,841 to 60,850 of 67767

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    Well that settles it. I am back!
    Welcome back!
    [Interviewer: "What was it like to be defined by being beautiful?"]
    Connelly: "It's uncomfortable to talk about - there's no way to come off right! If you say you are beautiful, you sound obnoxious, and if you deny it, doesn't that sound obnoxious?"

MBTI
    :}

I' sleepy. Do I have an exam today... Yeah or nah? I think nah.

Check and then hopefully bed.

EDIT

Oh wow! Nope! The exam I thought I had today I dont have until March 16th... Damn... Maybe... I can pass... If I really try.

Yay!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Apparently, these were the gold medal winners in their respective years:

(Comes from a clickbait site that I won't share on principle.)
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes Ghost liked this post

Apparently I am 3% fluent in Portuguese and 2% fluent in Spanish, lol.

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9

Just got a call back from the downtown firm I've wanted to work for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Been on the job hunt since January and damn it feels good to be a gangster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so
    Likes Qlip, uumlau liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Just got a call back from the downtown firm I've wanted to work for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Been on the job hunt since January and damn it feels good to be a gangster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratz! (almost )

It usually takes a month to get the job hunt really moving, in my experience. The fastest I've every been hired was 3 weeks from being laid off to finding a new job. Fortunately, you're looking for work in the best time of year to look: companies just figured out their budgets for the year and it's still first quarter and no one is having to worry about going over budget yet (because it's yearly!). Fourth quarter is the absolute worst time to look, as hiring freezes often go into effect to keep budget numbers from going (further) into the red.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Congratz! (almost )

It usually takes a month to get the job hunt really moving, in my experience. The fastest I've every been hired was 3 weeks from being laid off to finding a new job. Fortunately, you're looking for work in the best time of year to look: companies just figured out their budgets for the year and it's still first quarter and no one is having to worry about going over budget yet (because it's yearly!). Fourth quarter is the absolute worst time to look, as hiring freezes often go into effect to keep budget numbers from going (further) into the red.
    I should start a thread about getting the job you want, I've been through the process many times (more than I would like), but this is more of a career transition than any of the others have been. I've got industry experience and a good track record, and I got hooked up with a really high quality shop downtown. This is the view from the Office:

Not too shabby

I'll be staying with this shop maybe for the rest of my career. I've been sooooo stressed throughout this process, this weekend was terrible as I thought they were going to contact me on Friday, and I had already resigned myself to not getting the position with this firm, and having to go with another one I don't like as much.

I'll have to start a how to interview well, build resume etc. thread, because that shit matters. This round of interviews has been tough. It's the first time I've not got an offer for every job I applied for, but looking back on it, I think that was God's plan for me. I don't think the jobs I didn't make it through were honestly right for me. They were bigger call center wire house operations (Merryl Lynch and Fidelity). I wouldn't have been happy there, and I can honestly make a boatload more $$$ with where I'm going now.

EDIT - this is like the third call back I've gotten from them, they just wanted my old production statements to figure out what plan they want to hire me on. It seemed from the call as if they had already decided to bring me on. Last year they interviewed something like 600 guys and only hired 14 across the region. I'm really lucky (you make your own luck) to get an opportunity.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

ggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Array Anaximander's Avatar
    MBTI
    mkgr

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I should start a thread about getting the job you want, I've been through the process many times (more than I would like), but this is more of a career transition than any of the others have been. I've got industry experience and a good track record, and I got hooked up with a really high quality shop downtown. This is the view from the Office:

Not too shabby

I'll be staying with this shop maybe for the rest of my career. I've been sooooo stressed throughout this process, this weekend was terrible as I thought they were going to contact me on Friday, and I had already resigned myself to not getting the position with this firm, and having to go with another one I don't like as much.

I'll have to start a how to interview well, build resume etc. thread, because that shit matters. This round of interviews has been tough. It's the first time I've not got an offer for every job I applied for, but looking back on it, I think that was God's plan for me. I don't think the jobs I didn't make it through were honestly right for me. They were bigger call center wire house operations (Merryl Lynch and Fidelity). I wouldn't have been happy there, and I can honestly make a boatload more $$$ with where I'm going now.

EDIT - this is like the third call back I've gotten from them, they just wanted my old production statements to figure out what plan they want to hire me on. It seemed from the call as if they had already decided to bring me on. Last year they interviewed something like 600 guys and only hired 14 across the region. I'm really lucky (you make your own luck) to get an opportunity.
    Congratulations. One of these days I'll ask you for ENTJ advice on how to win people over and get better jobs. I've always hated interviews and I'm too much of a behind-the-scenes type of person to ever rise up to leadership when surrounded by less competent co-workers.

I'm gonna work for myself.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

@DiscoBiscuit

That sounds like a great idea for a thread. It's exactly the kind of knowledge a lot of people need but don't get. Especially with all the just-out-of-college and almost-out-of-college members we have on here.

Likes FutureInProgress liked this post