User Tag List

Page 6076 of 6782 FirstFirst ... 50765576597660266066607460756076607760786086612661766576 ... LastLast
Results 60,751 to 60,760 of 67819

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Google "chemtrails" Array Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp
    Socionics
    yδN None

^ Yeah, I have a stash of granola bars in my car, 'just in case.' Doctors appointments can run too long. Tires can run.. .. flat.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"; aka "jscrothers"; aka "bologna"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes Anaximander liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Not even granola bars. Not that they're "bad for you", but that's just sugar/carbs in a slightly healthier form.

The best answer is, "Suck it up and don't eat anything" until it's time for dinner or whatever. Now, if you're so hungry that you're feeling lightheaded, that's a sign that you actually need food, as opposed to "hunger" which just means your stomach is empty and kind of bored.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes Anaximander liked this post

breaking out of my cocoon Array SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Two days of computer problems at work..... I love the cost savings from outsourcing to India....
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so
    Likes uumlau liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by SearchingforPeace View Post
    Two days of computer problems at work..... I love the cost savings from outsourcing to India....
    Heh. Some cost savings are illusionary. Kind of like buying cheap shoes at Walmart. Buy expensive $100 shoes and they last a year, buy cheap $20 shoes and they last a month.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes SearchingforPeace liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    614 sx/so
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Not even granola bars. Not that they're "bad for you", but that's just sugar/carbs in a slightly healthier form.

The best answer is, "Suck it up and don't eat anything" until it's time for dinner or whatever. Now, if you're so hungry that you're feeling lightheaded, that's a sign that you actually need food, as opposed to "hunger" which just means your stomach is empty and kind of bored.
    This advice is highly dependent on your individual needs/body/level of health.
    Likes uumlau, Ivy liked this post

Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I feel like I've read that a lot of people misinterpret thirsty and hungry signals, but I don't really have a source or anything on that. It's anecdotal, but I find that drinking water often helps curb that feeling for me. I also don't drink enough water in general, though, so I guess it depends on your personal level of hydration.

Between the amount of coffee I drink every day, and the amount of water I don't drink every day... most of my issues end up being solved by a glass of water.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~
    Likes SearchingforPeace liked this post

ggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Array Anaximander's Avatar
    MBTI
    mkgr

I know they're basically lean cuisine candy bars, but they're tasty and I like to maintain the illusion that I'm eating healthy.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by 21lux View Post
    What do you do when you're hungry but you don't wanna eat anything
    I recommend smoothies as well. My favorite smoothie involves bananas, milk, oats, flaxseed, and peanut butter.

I strongly recommend avoiding the "sugar drink" route for alleviating hunger. Type II diabetes is manageable, but can be expensive.
    I know that some yogurt can have a lot of added sugar, but... eating yogurt and fruit as a snack isn't going to give you diabetes.

^ These kinds of posts are the posts that remind me that other people experience hunger differently than I do.

My being hungry comes in stages:

1. Light and airy -- not "lightheaded" per se, but definitely a little bit off -- reminiscent of being tipsy
    2. Some stomach growling
    3. Stomach growling to the point of it being VERY physically uncomfortable
    4. No more stomach growling, but even more lightheaded than before

I typically start feeling that first stage between 3 and 6 hours after having a meal. And these phases are why I don't understand why some people can go all day without remembering to eat -- because stages 2 and 3 of the above process are impossible to ignore.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I recommend smoothies as well. My favorite smoothie involves bananas, milk, oats, flaxseed, and peanut butter.

I know that some yogurt can have a lot of added sugar, but... eating yogurt and fruit as a snack isn't going to give you diabetes.

^ These kinds of posts are the posts that remind me that other people experience hunger differently than I do.

My being hungry comes in stages:

1. Light and airy -- not "lightheaded" per se, but definitely a little bit off -- reminiscent of being tipsy
    2. Some stomach growling
    3. Stomach growling to the point of it being VERY physically uncomfortable
    4. No more stomach growling, but even more lightheaded than before

I typically start feeling that first stage between 3 and 6 hours after having a meal. And these phases are why I don't understand why some people can go all day without remembering to eat -- because stages 2 and 3 of the above process are impossible to ignore.
    Yeah, as hel notes, this all gets very controversial and individualized pretty quickly.

My personal experience is that the growling goes away whether or not you eat. And yeah, a bit of yogurt, etc., isn't going to throw anything off balance. The problem for is that it's often more than a "bit", as most people are wired to start eating until satiated, as opposed to eat just enough to stave off hunger.

Just eat your damn food and enjoy life xD.
    Even as a Diabetic you can. My Dad does.
    Likes EJCC, Ivy liked this post