User Tag List

  1. #60571
    Sweet Summer Child yama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    I'm Fe
    Posts
    7,507

    Default

    I was a bad noodle and skipped class today. But I'll still go to statistics tonight even though I hate it because it's too important to miss.
    MBTI: ESFJ
    Enneagram: 6w7 9w1 2w3 so/sx
    Temperament: Phlegmatic | Sanguine
    Astrology: Leo Sun | Aries Moon | Leo Rising
    Johari | Nohari

    not a type description
    Likes five sounds, themightyfetus, N/A liked this post

  2. #60572
    Happy Dancer uumlau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so
    Posts
    5,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 21lux View Post
    I was a bad noodle and skipped class today. But I'll still go to statistics tonight even though I hate it because it's too important to miss.
    Statistics will teach you that if you skip classes that - ON AVERAGE - you tend to get lower grades.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

    A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

  3. #60573
    You are what you love themightyfetus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si
    Posts
    2,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 21lux View Post
    I was a bad noodle and skipped class today. But I'll still go to statistics tonight even though I hate it because it's too important to miss.
    I skipped my English class today because I couldn't handle the stress. I'm with you, man!
    Yet I know, if I stepped aside
    Released the controls, you would open my eyes
    That somehow, all of this mess
    Is just my attempt to know the worth of my life
    .

    Mercury - Sleeping At Last

    3w2 // 6w7 // 9w1
    Likes yama liked this post

  4. #60574
    Sweet Summer Child yama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    I'm Fe
    Posts
    7,507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Statistics will teach you that if you skip classes that - ON AVERAGE - you tend to get lower grades.
    Um excuse me sir show your work where is your SPSS output and full interpretations
    MBTI: ESFJ
    Enneagram: 6w7 9w1 2w3 so/sx
    Temperament: Phlegmatic | Sanguine
    Astrology: Leo Sun | Aries Moon | Leo Rising
    Johari | Nohari

    not a type description

  5. #60575
    Happy Dancer uumlau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so
    Posts
    5,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 21lux View Post
    Um excuse me sir show your work where is your SPSS output and full interpretations
    I am far too intellectually honest than to expose you to that level of bullshit.

    One of my maxims is a slightly extended version of a famous aphorism:

    There are lies.
    Then there are damned lies.
    Then there are statistics.
    AND THEN there are computer models.

    I have great skepticism of most statistical approaches to research, because instead of concluding (as they should) that "Hmm, these seem to be correlated. Research into phenomenology should look into this," they conclude, for example, "Cell phones are cooking your sperm!" (Mobile phones are 'cooking' men's sperm - Telegraph) Yes, a .2 Watt device is heating your sperm beyond acceptable levels, because statistics!
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

    A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes yama, SearchingforPeace liked this post

  6. #60576
    F0RUM PRINCESS Frosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    4w8 sx
    Posts
    5,520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 21lux View Post
    I was a bad noodle and skipped class today. But I'll still go to statistics tonight even though I hate it because it's too important to miss.
    I skip probably 85% of my classes, if I had to put a number on it. I really do need to stop that.




    Really though. I do. Like totes seriously. I need willpower.

    Really do though, really do. To add a serious note there.

  7. #60577
    Sweet Summer Child yama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    I'm Fe
    Posts
    7,507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    I am far too intellectually honest than to expose you to that level of bullshit.

    One of my maxims is a slightly extended version of a famous aphorism:

    There are lies.
    Then there are damned lies.
    Then there are statistics.
    AND THEN there are computer models.

    I have great skepticism of most statistical approaches to research, because instead of concluding (as they should) that "Hmm, these seem to be correlated. Research into phenomenology should look into this," they conclude, for example, "Cell phones are cooking your sperm!" (Mobile phones are 'cooking' men's sperm - Telegraph) Yes, a .2 Watt device is heating your sperm beyond acceptable levels, because statistics!
    This is why I pretty much never believe statistics when people tell me how to interpret them. Show me the raw data and let me come to my own conclusions, damn it!

    (Though I would agree that I shouldn't skip class. )

    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    I skip probably 85% of my classes, if I had to put a number on it. I really do need to stop that.

    (video)

    Really though. I do. Like totes seriously. I need willpower.

    Really do though, really do. To add a serious note there.
    I never skip class so I feel very bad.

    My campus is rather small and a lot of my classes do count attendance as like 10% of your grade. But the class I skipped today basicalyl teaches out of the book, whereas my other classes it's just a supplement. So I was like screw it I'm not going today
    MBTI: ESFJ
    Enneagram: 6w7 9w1 2w3 so/sx
    Temperament: Phlegmatic | Sanguine
    Astrology: Leo Sun | Aries Moon | Leo Rising
    Johari | Nohari

    not a type description

  8. #60578
    F0RUM PRINCESS Frosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    4w8 sx
    Posts
    5,520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 21lux View Post

    I never skip class so I feel very bad.

    My campus is rather small and a lot of my classes do count attendance as like 10% of your grade. But the class I skipped today basicalyl teaches out of the book, whereas my other classes it's just a supplement. So I was like screw it I'm not going today
    Oh yeah. I just pay for the class and fail. Whine about failing. Whine about the money. And yeah.

    Gotta break that chain!

    Bad LUX dont skip class, it isnt too late for you!
    Johari

    Nohari
    Likes yama liked this post

  9. #60579
    You are what you love themightyfetus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si
    Posts
    2,623

    Default

    Can't wait for this day to be over.
    Yet I know, if I stepped aside
    Released the controls, you would open my eyes
    That somehow, all of this mess
    Is just my attempt to know the worth of my life
    .

    Mercury - Sleeping At Last

    3w2 // 6w7 // 9w1

  10. #60580
    Senior Member Hitoshi-San's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    MBTI
    exfp
    Enneagram
    N/A
    Posts
    1,074

    Default

    So really, if someone has either (natural) platinum blonde or bright red hair, does the carpet match the drapes?

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread
    By Giggly in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 837
    Last Post: Yesterday, 02:36 AM
  2. [NT] Random thought thread (NT version)
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 10-22-2016, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO