I don't understand why people type Donald Trump as an 8. He seems like a pretty clear 3 to me.
Maybe 3w4-8w7-6w5? An 8 fix, definitely, but I have a hard time seeing that as his core.
Thread: Random Thought Thread
02-19-2016, 07:58 PM #60501Do what your younger self never thought she could do.
Be who she always dreamed of being.
Darling, make that little girl proud.
2w3 // 6w7 // 9w1
02-19-2016, 08:17 PM #60502
my sister said if I provide enough info of my OC's she'll draw them. I'm excited because these characters have been with me since I was 13 and they're very important to me, I've used them in a lot of different stories and they've grown up with me over the years
02-19-2016, 10:25 PM #60503
02-20-2016, 12:33 AM #60504
Overthinking a bunch of shit a colleague said. I really believe I am operating well below my potential and the unused cognition goes awry.
- - - Updated - - -
Need a new avatar and sig picIt is a luxury to be understood - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities - Voltaire
A kind thought is the hope of the world - Anon
02-20-2016, 12:33 AM #60505
02-20-2016, 01:37 AM #60506
I'm thinking I may actually be ENTP.
- I am openly expressive and show affection in awkward ways (towards things I am well familiar with)
- I quite easily get heated and refuse to stand aside or be metaphorically trampled on
- My waking hours require constant mental stimulation, and I always want to play games, theorize new ideas, etc.
- I'm reclusive, but not to the point where I don't interact with the external world. Just not people (at least not strangers). Who said extroverts had to be sociable?
- I tend to score as introverted, but quite arguably ambiverted, and the way I respond is likely due to low feeling function valuing and underdeveloped social skills
- Despite not caring to sociallize with new people much, I can do it quite competently if need be, it's just draining. For instance, I started a semester of study abroad this week, and I'm finding it easy to communicate and make friends despite the implied slight language/culture barrier
- I reportedly grew up "very extroverted," always seeking new things and was happy to meet any people, open to all ideas and have always just wanted to have fun and enjoy life more than anything (INTjs are typically noted as more serious and exacting in their focuses, whereas ENTps may be a bit more all over the place). However, I think I have found some balance in this regard. I like many forms of art and media, but tend to focus on one or two things. The way I go about listening, viewing, practicing, is more of what I perceive to be an "introverted style." I'll listen to the same groups over and over and study certain albums, listening to albums often as a whole and picking out particular concepts that I like from the album and thinking... extrapolating on them. When I watch a form of media, I tend to stick to one idea for a while. I tend to devote myself to one or two games within a long period of time and devote my attention to become as proficient/effective/knowledgable as possible
- I could very well interpret my current stage of life (age: 20) to be development of my Ti, (phase 2) hence why I have been testing as and considering myself INTP as opposed to ENTP, because I have been focusing on my Ti and other introverted aspects and as a result neglecting the opposing force of Fe.
Who knows? Any input is appreciated.Ti = Ne > Ni > Si > Te = Fi > Se > Fe
5w4 - 4w3 - 1w9
My Socionics test result: http://www.sociotype.com/tests/resul....V8bh7vuL.dpuf
02-20-2016, 02:12 AM #60507
The primary difference is going to be an ability to focus. INTPs generally don't have any difficulties focusing on things they're interested in, and can dive in and relish a large amount of detail for long periods of time. Their Ne is more of a brainstorming tool to double-check their Ti, and not as distracting as it is for Ne doms.
ENTPs, on the other hand, have a much more difficult time focusing. Not that they can't focus, but their minds tend to naturally bounce from topic to topic, skimming rather than digging in depth. They can be VERY knowledgeable, because this natural tendency results in a gradual accumulation of a LOT of ideas over time. And, with Ti, they can reflect and sort out which ideas are bullshit and which aren't. But they don't have the INTP tendency to dig in and understand a single topic at an expert level.
Again, these are tendencies. An INTP in an extroverted mood will tend to have discussions with others that just hop from topic to topic. An ENTP who is really interested in a topic will dig in and discover all they can about it (for a while, until the mood vanishes).
The human mind is very plastic, and typology is only a very broad outline of some very general patterns that are true for everyone. "No true Scotsman" arguments fall flat very quickly in typology discussions.An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.
A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
02-20-2016, 02:12 AM #60508▵
02-20-2016, 02:24 AM #60509
02-20-2016, 02:37 AM #60510