User Tag List

Page 6040 of 6782 FirstFirst ... 50405540594059906030603860396040604160426050609061406540 ... LastLast
Results 60,391 to 60,400 of 67819

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Google "chemtrails" Array Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp
    Socionics
    yδN None

@Poki @Ivy @theDarkSide

My kid's 14 months. Yeah, there's totally a balance to be had between protection and freedom. We used a harness and leash at least one time I can remember, and thankfully it's absolutely nothing like commanding a dog. You're not tugging on him to train him to walk by your side, you know?

I'm certainly not saying that's a requirement or that the perspective that it's wrong is wrong.. or something. But that's my experience so far.

Then again, my kid is running.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"; aka "jscrothers"; aka "bologna"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes Ivy, Grand Admiral Crunch, Poki liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Se

ok, now I want to go to bed. the next few hours are going to SUCK. When my brain says it's time to sleep, it trues REALLY hard to make that a thing.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

ggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Array Anaximander's Avatar
    MBTI
    mkgr

I'm convinced that a great deal of society's ills and people's general stupidity could be eradicated if we made critical thinking and logic a basic education requirement beginning in grammar school. This isn't indoctrination, it's teaching them to think.
    Likes EJCC, Luke O, Ivy liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    I'm convinced that a great deal of society's ills and people's general stupidity could be eradicated if we made critical thinking and logic a basic education requirement beginning in grammar school. This isn't indoctrination, it's teaching them to think.
    I wish this were possible, but...

and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Anaximander liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ

In an ideal world, I would agree with you. Unfortunately human minds are not all made equal. True critically independent logical thought exists on a spectrum with nobody having a monopoly over anyone else regardless of their formal education, even in matters such as these. However, there will always be those who excel at it to a fantastically and quite obvious degree regardless of level of education. We are reams above where we were 100 years ago when it comes to this issue but there will always be those thinking of the masses as generally stupid and ignorant in comparison to themselves, as well as new forms and formats of logic being developed arguably being necessary to bring everyone up to the same standard in the world of the future. Also, it is likely such a system would serve to further the illusion of equality/quality of thought based on credentials rather than on merit, much like the universities of today.

ggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Array Anaximander's Avatar
    MBTI
    mkgr

Quote Originally Posted by Xann View Post
    In an ideal world, I would agree with you. Unfortunately human minds are not all made equal. True critically independent logical thought exists on a spectrum with nobody having a monopoly over anyone else regardless of their formal education, even in matters such as these. However, there will always be those who excel at it to a fantastically and quite obvious degree regardless of level of education. We are reams above where we were 100 years ago when it comes to this issue but there will always be those thinking of the masses as generally stupid and ignorant in comparison to themselves, as well as new forms and formats of logic being developed arguably being necessary to bring everyone up to the same standard in the world of the future. Also, it is likely such a system would serve to further the illusion of equality of thought based on credentials rather than on merit, much like the universities of today.
    I know I sound like I must think I'm smarter than everyone else. I don't think that and would guess myself at average intelligence, but the important thing is to continually question and sniff for logical and intellectual bullshit being masqueraded as something more and to question all "truths". Our world culture doesn't care about making their kids question everything.

Fit in, get dat job, get dat money, find a mate, have more dumb kids, repeat.
    Likes EJCC, Hard, Forever, Poki liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ

I know I sound like I must think I'm smarter than everyone else. I don't think that and would guess myself at average intelligence, but the important thing is to continually question and sniff for logical and intellectual bullshit being masqueraded as something more and to question all "truths". Our world culture doesn't care about making their kids question everything.

I don't think you sound like you must think you're smarter than everyone else; at least, I understand where you're coming from, and I definitely don't think it's a place of arrogance, more frustration/exasperation.

I think a good thought to ponder might be "All things are subject to interpretation; whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth." A Nietsche quote. Not sure if you're a fan of his or not. However, the thing that needs to be realized, is that logic (rather especially, human awareness of it) does not rule the world. This is probably less obvious to you since your mode of thinking is so far removed from socionics "beta" quadrant values. Regardless of the level of logic a person is capable of applying, there is still the (not usually complete conscious) emotional decision (and sometimes, many barriers) intact allowing them the choice of whether or not to operate that logic. It is also an emotional decision whether or not to make the realization that perhaps a necessary level of logic has not been applied to their thinking before making an argument or attempting to pass themselves off as an expert/moral authority on a particular subject. Sometimes, the emotional truths are too painful to even consider embarking upon certain tunnels of thought, and no human is a stranger to this. To make the demand that all people make the same emotional sacrifice upon all topics before feeling worthy of having or sharing their opinion, is far too much to ask...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

My 5 year old asks the "Why?" questions a lot. Me, being me, I have an answer for everything. I don't want her to stop questioning things but I know in school there is this emphasis that 'things are the way the are because we said so' kind of thing and I'm working on her being someone who can think differently.
    Likes Red Herring, Anaximander liked this post

MBTI
    eSTP

You forgot dab...that's the craze now days. If you don't follow the crowd you must be lost. Statistically the biggest crowd is right.
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.

He pronks, too! Array Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I've never played Ocarina of Time. I guess I could. I find myself unenthusiastic about playing a game with those typical, early N64 graphics and camera work. They are so awful. I hated Mario 64. I was so unimpressed with the first generation of 3D consoles.
    Go to sleep, iguana.