User Tag List

Page 6039 of 6772 FirstFirst ... 50395539593959896029603760386039604060416049608961396539 ... LastLast
Results 60,381 to 60,390 of 67712

Thread: Random Thought Thread

  1. #60381
    Superwoman Array Red Herring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I used one for my son because he hated holding hands. It made Disney World tolerable with a toddler.

    Related- damn, walking at 8 months? Precocious little booger!
    I know, right? His kid also belly flipped at a really young age IIRC. Seems to be an early developer (motor-wise).
    Our daughter is 13 months old and THIS close to walking. Any day now, but so far she can only stand while supporting herself on some furniture. A friend's daugheter didn't walk until 15 months and statistically boys need longer than girls.

    So,..go figure!
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari
    Likes Ivy liked this post

  2. #60382
    Fantasticality. Array Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    5,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theDarkSide View Post
    It helps me to start small. I do at least one task a day that I consider work. Actually, that isn't true. Sometimes I just say screw everything. I'm going to enjoy myself.
    My perfectionistic qualities makes me not wallow in that sort of thinking.
    [Interviewer: "What was it like to be defined by being beautiful?"]
    Connelly: "It's uncomfortable to talk about - there's no way to come off right! If you say you are beautiful, you sound obnoxious, and if you deny it, doesn't that sound obnoxious?"

  3. #60383
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theDarkSide View Post
    It helps me to start small. I do at least one task a day that I consider work. Actually, that isn't true. Sometimes I just say screw everything. I'm going to enjoy myself.
    For me it's not a matter of practical tasks anymore, I do all the things that are expected of me. I keep my home neat and tidy, I study, and anything small that needs doing gets done quickly enough. By new habit purely. Still I am left with an unfulfilling kind of feeling, perhaps because I don't do the things that I want to do. Why is that? I want to write, I want to get better mentally. So why don't I do it? I can't complain about time, there's plenty of time! Too much I say... On days like these I wish that we would all just die, how lovely to be put to rest! But I suppose it's just a matter of changing ones attitude, always with the attitude...
    4w5-9w1-5w4
    Likes Forever, Grand Admiral Crunch liked this post

  4. #60384
    Senior Member Array Grand Admiral Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so
    Posts
    971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    My perfectionistic qualities makes me not wallow in that sort of thinking.
    Yes, can't be wallowing and sitting around doing nothing when there's trolling that needs getting done.

  5. #60385
    Fantasticality. Array Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    5,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theDarkSide View Post
    Yes, can't be wallowing and sitting around doing nothing when there's trolling that needs getting done.
    Why the hell are you turning this into a personal attack? I did not troll your response, I gave you my honest opinion.

    Meaning I do tell myself the hell with it, but I don't enjoy my day at all, what works for you may not work for the person you advise to.

    I'm sorry are you GIJade's second account?
    [Interviewer: "What was it like to be defined by being beautiful?"]
    Connelly: "It's uncomfortable to talk about - there's no way to come off right! If you say you are beautiful, you sound obnoxious, and if you deny it, doesn't that sound obnoxious?"

  6. #60386
    across the universe Array Olm the Water King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    1,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noll View Post
    For me it's not a matter of practical tasks anymore, I do all the things that are expected of me. I keep my home neat and tidy, I study, and anything small that needs doing gets done quickly enough. By new habit purely. Still I am left with an unfulfilling kind of feeling, perhaps because I don't do the things that I want to do. Why is that? I want to write, I want to get better mentally. So why don't I do it? I can't complain about time, there's plenty of time! Too much I say... On days like these I wish that we would all just die, how lovely to be put to rest! But I suppose it's just a matter of changing ones attitude, always with the attitude...
    What do you want to write?

  7. #60387
    Senior Member Array Grand Admiral Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so
    Posts
    971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    Why the hell are you turning this into a personal attack? I did not troll your response, I gave you my honest opinion.

    Meaning I do tell myself the hell with it, but I don't enjoy my day at all, what works for you may not work for the person you advise to.

    I'm sorry are you GIJade's second account?
    You just seem like such a fun likable person that I thought we could share a joke. I imagined this conversation and your response going differently. Like, we could talk about why it is called trolling and not goblining, and how we both enjoy celery sticks with no salad dressing. Just plain. Yummy.

  8. #60388
    Fantasticality. Array Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    5,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theDarkSide View Post
    You just seem like such a fun likable person that I thought we could share a joke. I imagined this conversation and your response going differently. Like, we could talk about why it is called trolling and not goblining, and how we both enjoy celery sticks with no salad dressing. Just plain. Yummy.
    I believe you're sarcastic in this manner. You're talking to someone who reads just about everything in context. So I say we end it now.
    [Interviewer: "What was it like to be defined by being beautiful?"]
    Connelly: "It's uncomfortable to talk about - there's no way to come off right! If you say you are beautiful, you sound obnoxious, and if you deny it, doesn't that sound obnoxious?"
    Likes Grand Admiral Crunch liked this post

  9. #60389
    Senior Member Array Grand Admiral Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so
    Posts
    971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    I believe you're sarcastic in this manner. You're talking to someone who reads just about everything in context. So I say we end it now.
    LOL No, no, let's keep it going. This was fun. Thanks for your responses. gtg

  10. #60390
    Fantasticality. Array Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    5,305

    Default

    I don't even know what's going on anymore.
    [Interviewer: "What was it like to be defined by being beautiful?"]
    Connelly: "It's uncomfortable to talk about - there's no way to come off right! If you say you are beautiful, you sound obnoxious, and if you deny it, doesn't that sound obnoxious?"

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread
    By Giggly in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 622
    Last Post: 10-28-2016, 07:32 PM
  2. [NT] Random thought thread (NT version)
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 10-22-2016, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO