User Tag List

Page 5969 of 6765 FirstFirst ... 49695469586959195959596759685969597059715979601960696469 ... LastLast
Results 59,681 to 59,690 of 67645

Thread: Random Thought Thread

breaking out of my cocoon Array SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    *sigh*

I write long eloquent posts for people to consider thoughtfully, and get maybe a couple of likes. I write a short murderous quip on the Random Thought Thread, and get a bunch of likes in a couple of hours.

Way to go at incentivizing, guys!

I had to like that one.

Besides, when post some long and thoughtful post on a contentious issue, it seems you get ignored.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    614 sx/so
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    To expound, I'm actually serious about this. His job is to fucking educate students. That's, like, his one job. Tough titties if this particular class requires more work or a different approach to get material across.

"Welp, fuck it; this is too hard and it's all your fault" is pretty much never acceptable in any job. I would never dream of pulling that shit on students. You have to work with what you have, and fuck you if you just refuse to do it.
    Are you a teacher, jscrothers?

Google "chemtrails" Array Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    359 sp/so
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by hel View Post
    Are you a teacher, jscrothers?
    Among other things, yup. I teach at the grad level.

It's amazing what passes for the bare minimum. "So I'd say that I got a lot out of Statics from Dr. Presson. Oh man, there were a few class sessions where he actually lectured instead of snorting cocaine in the auditorium and ranting about how terrible the class is. You'll wanna take that guy for Statics. Dr. Hashim teaches that course, but he doesn't give assignments or do lectures or anything, he just gives everyone a D+ and goes home. I mean there's a lot less work involved with Hashim, but still."
    J. Scott Crothers
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes magpie liked this post

MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    359 sp/so
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

*sigh*

I write long eloquent posts for people to consider thoughtfully, and get maybe a couple of likes. I write a short murderous quip on the Random Thought Thread, and get a bunch of likes in a couple of hours.

If only the world were a meritocracy. (See my above post)
    J. Scott Crothers

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp

*sigh*

Wit and style have always been worth more than substance. But I respect your determination to take the road less traveled.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    614 sx/so
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Among other things, yup. I teach at the grad level.

It's amazing what passes for the bare minimum. "So I'd say that I got a lot out of Statics from Dr. Presson. Oh man, there were a few class sessions where he actually lectured instead of snorting cocaine in the auditorium and ranting about how terrible the class is. You'll wanna take that guy for Statics. Dr. Hashim teaches that course, but he doesn't give assignments or do lectures or anything, he just gives everyone a D+ and goes home. I mean there's a lot less work involved with Hashim, but still."
    I always have tons of questions in classes (maybe too many? I can't help it, I just think of things) and there are always teachers who get angry or try to ignore me. And then there are teachers who just answer my questions.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

So blessed.

Edit to add:
    [Interviewer: "What was it like to be defined by being beautiful?"]
    Connelly: "It's uncomfortable to talk about - there's no way to come off right! If you say you are beautiful, you sound obnoxious, and if you deny it, doesn't that sound obnoxious?"
    Likes Dyslexxie, Masokissed, uumlau, an hero liked this post

MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    359 sp/so
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by hel View Post
    I always have tons of questions in classes (maybe too many? I can't help it, I just think of things) and there are always teachers who get angry or try to ignore me. And then there are teachers who just answer my questions.
    Fuck the first kind of teacher. If a student had 'too many' questions, and/or if we went off on a tangent, I'd just invite them to make an appointment to discuss all of it. Win-win; class isn't completely derailed and the student gets their curiosity satisfied.
    J. Scott Crothers

- Elevenetics
    Likes Hard, magpie liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Fuck the first kind of teacher. If a student had 'too many' questions, and/or if we went off on a tangent, I'd just invite them to make an appointment to discuss all of it. Win-win; class isn't completely derailed and the student gets their curiosity satisfied.
    The problem/sad thing is a lot of students take that as an insult, or think "oh they just want me to shut up", when the majority of the time that isn't the case. Granted, I have used the "come to office hours" proposition to stop a student from asking valid, but off topic and annoyingly derailing questions. Though I'd still fairly discuss it in office hours with them if they came. I mean, it's my job to do that sort of thing so I am not going to shirk it unless it truly isn't relevant and distracts others.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari