User Tag List

Page 5938 of 6774 FirstFirst ... 49385438583858885928593659375938593959405948598860386438 ... LastLast
Results 59,371 to 59,380 of 67731

Thread: Random Thought Thread

ggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Array Anaximander's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    2 so
    Socionics
    LSE Te

Fuck! Now they've taken Alan Rickman from us!

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    The interesting aspect of the study, to me, is not that extrovert traits help in yor career but that people from higher income families also score higher on those traits from a start.
    I was surprised to find that, too. I can't really think of any good reason for that. Ti speculation is failing me here.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    2 so
    Socionics
    LSE Te

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    By Grabthar's hammer... by the sons of Warvan... you shall be avenged.

Alan Rickman, giant of British screen and stage, dies at 69 | Film | The Guardian
    Likes EJCC liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    Yeah, lots of sad news this while, Lemmy, Bowie, Rickman, its like the UK got hit by a cloud of cancer causing chemicals.
    Likes Masokissed liked this post

I wonder if The Internship had any basis what so ever in fact and I still wonder who that movie was made for.

Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ Fᴇᴇʟs Lɪᴋᴇ Hᴏᴍᴇ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

Friend changed his schedule and now he isn't coming to the pulmageddon anymore. I was looking forward to it all week. Suddenly I'm not very excited anymore. Now I'm just sad.

I'm so alone
    Trying to find my way back home to you
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    2 so
    Socionics
    LSE Te

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Yeah, lots of sad news this while, Lemmy, Bowie, Rickman, its like the UK got hit by a cloud of cancer causing chemicals.
    Bowie has hit me hard.

Lemmy was more of a general bummer for me but I realize he had legions of fans who are shattered over his death and they have my condolences, whatever that's worth.

Rickman was fucking brilliant. I always forget I'm watching Alan Rickman because he disappears into his characters. I can only say that about a few other actors (Gary Oldman, Daniel Day-Lewis, Marlon Brando). I just read an interesting article/obit. noting how much his performance as Hans Gruber was copied and aped by other actors in similar action thrillers in the late 80s and early to mid 90s. I hadn't noticed that before, but it's apparent if you watch a film like, say, Passenger 57. He certainly left his mark on cinema.

None of these guys were particularly old either. It's also hit home because I have a father of 62 who is a lifelong smoker, so I think it's possibly caused a lot of anxiety in me that I'm only today realizing why.
    Likes SearchingforPeace, Kas liked this post

Fuck! Now they've taken Alan Rickman from us!
    RIP Snape
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Bowie has hit me hard.

Lemmy was more of a general bummer for me but I realize he had legions of fans who are shattered over his death and they have my condolences, whatever that's worth.

Rickman was fucking brilliant. I always forget I'm watching Alan Rickman because he disappears into his characters. I can only say that about a few other actors (Gary Oldman, Daniel Day-Lewis, Marlon Brando). I just read an interesting article/obit. noting how much his performance as Hans Gruber was copied and aped by other actors in similar action thrillers in the late 80s and early to mid 90s. I hadn't noticed that before, but it's apparent if you watch a film like, say, Passenger 57. He certainly left his mark on cinema.

None of these guys were particularly old either. It's also hit home because I have a father of 62 who is a lifelong smoker, so I think it's possibly caused a lot of anxiety in me that I'm only today realizing why.
    I'm a fan of Bowie, I only really know Lemmy for that one song but both of those demises didnt hit like Rickman, I was so, so sure I had to be being trolled when I heard that, then when I heard that he was the same ages as Bowie and died of Cancer too I was shocked, I thought, what the hell, none of these guys are that old and it made me think about a lot of family and friends I've been worried about for a while and I'm not well myself either.

Its been a bad couple of weeks but death and taxes. More or less.
    Likes Anaximander liked this post

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Likes Anaximander, Masokissed liked this post