User Tag List

Page 5914 of 6772 FirstFirst ... 49145414581458645904591259135914591559165924596460146414 ... LastLast
Results 59,131 to 59,140 of 67712

Thread: Random Thought Thread

just hanging in limbo Array Smilephantomhive's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    638 sp/so

My mom's logic is making the temperature 73 in the summer and 67 in the winter...
    "Avoid getting too preoccupied thinking about what you’re going to do, to actually do it."
    — Rachel Wolchin

johari
    nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Dyslexxie View Post
    Another Dwight classic: “In the wild, there is no healthcare. Healthcare is “Oh, I broke my leg!” A lion comes and eats you, you’re dead. Well, I’m not dead, I’m the lion, you’re dead!”
    "I wish I could menstruate. If I could menstruate, I wouldn’t have to deal with idiotic calendars anymore. I’d just be able to count down from my previous cycle. Plus I’d be more in tune with the moon and the tides."

"Reject a woman, and she will never let it go. One of the many defects of their kind. Also, weak arms."
    Likes AphroditeGoneAwry liked this post

Dope& diamonds. Array Dyslexxie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crabs View Post
    "I wish I could menstruate. If I could menstruate, I wouldn’t have to deal with idiotic calendars anymore. I’d just be able to count down from my previous cycle. Plus I’d be more in tune with the moon and the tides."

"Reject a woman, and she will never let it go. One of the many defects of their kind. Also, weak arms."
    Women are like wolves. If you want a wolf, you have to trap it. Snare it. Then to keep it happy, you have to tame it. Feed it, care for it. Lovingly. The way an animal deserves to be loved. And my animal deserves a lot of loving.
    Dwight is one of the few men who understand women.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyslexxie View Post
    Dwight is one of the few men who understand women.
    Women...and farm animals.

“As a farmer I know that when an animal is sick sometimes the right thing to do is put it out of its misery. With the electricity we are using to keep Meredith alive, we could power a small fan for two days. You tell me what’s unethical.”
    Likes Dyslexxie liked this post

Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ Fᴇᴇʟs Lɪᴋᴇ Hᴏᴍᴇ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Smilephantomhive View Post
    My mom's logic is making the temperature 73 in the summer and 67 in the winter...
    My dad does that too, because "it's cheaper" but like who cares about saving money if you're dying in misery

I'm so alone
    Trying to find my way back home to you
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious

MBTI
    eSTP

Quote Originally Posted by Smilephantomhive View Post
    Typical. Winter you get used to cold and summer you are used to heat. We are more at 77-78 in summer and 72 in winter. I hate cold and clothes. So whatever it takes to wear shorts and a tank around the house.
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.

Tempbanned Array
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    How do you know these concerns did not exist in past generations? It is only in recent times that people have married for love at all. Previously matches were made on the basis of more practical considerations: politics, family connections, land allocation, etc. Even today, young girls in many places are married off to much older men, as part of family bargains sometimes made before they were born. There is no love in this. It is love that often overrides those distinctions of culture and ethnicity that you prefer to see maintained. If you place "true love" first, then everything else must be secondary.
    Actually, the concept of marriage for the purpose of love has been with us since the time of Shakespeare and became particularly strong in the early 19th century (the "Romantic Period"). Read novels, listen to art songs and operas from that time. With this in mind, I don't believe that women were depressed until feminism "liberated" them.

Two true modern inventions are the divorce of love from marriage, and probably more importantly, the divorce of sex from love.

By the way, I don't mean to say "old is good, new is bad" because that would obviously be a mistake. I would much rather live today than even 25 years ago, in spite of the troubles we're staring down. What frustrates me is a popular narrative where history proceeds irreversibly in a directional manner, from narrow-minded oppression to enlightened tolerance. People seem to think that values evolve like technology.

Be Concerned - TØP Array themightyfetus's Avatar

This just in from PerC:

Dogs go with Fe, cats go with Fi.

Enlightening.
    I don't mean to pry, but why would you even make the eyes?

6w7-2w3-9w1
    Likes Masokissed, uumlau liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by themightyfetus View Post
    This just in from PerC:

Dogs go with Fe, cats go with Fi.

Enlightening.
    Damn, I should've known.
    [Interviewer: "What was it like to be defined by being beautiful?"]
    Connelly: "It's uncomfortable to talk about - there's no way to come off right! If you say you are beautiful, you sound obnoxious, and if you deny it, doesn't that sound obnoxious?"
    Likes themightyfetus liked this post

Alchemist of life Array Coriolis's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Actually, the concept of marriage for the purpose of love has been with us since the time of Shakespeare and became particularly strong in the early 19th century (the "Romantic Period"). Read novels, listen to art songs and operas from that time. With this in mind, I don't believe that women were depressed until feminism "liberated" them.

Two true modern inventions are the divorce of love from marriage, and probably more importantly, the divorce of sex from love.
    The concept of rags-to-riches has been with us for ages as well, but does not describe the lot of the average person any more than marriage for love did until relatively recently. I do believe couples often did come to love each other, truly and deeply, brought about by growing together through life's experiences. Sort of like this:

The first time I met you was on our wedding day
    I was scared - I was shy - I was nervous - So was I
    But my father and my mother said we'd learn to love each other

And this is only western society. In many other parts of the world, arranged marriage based on family needs/alliances was the norm. In some places, it still is. This leaves a minority of the world's population marrying for love, probably until the 20th century. I'm not saying whether that is good or bad, simply that it is.
    Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it. We should remove the carrot and walk forward with our eyes open. -- Raistlin Majere
    Likes uumlau liked this post