User Tag List

Page 5911 of 6784 FirstFirst ... 49115411581158615901590959105911591259135921596160116411 ... LastLast
Results 59,101 to 59,110 of 67839

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Alchemist of life Array Coriolis's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Fucking people pleasing instinct... If I could take it out and murder it and bury it in the back yard in the dead of night I would totally do so
    May I be of any assistance?

(Not something I have had to do, but I appreciate the sentiment.)
    Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it. We should remove the carrot and walk forward with our eyes open. -- Raistlin Majere

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

This guy is kind of hit-or-miss (I think we'll see more "misses" as he runs out of topics to debunk), but this one is definitely a "hit":

An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes SearchingforPeace liked this post

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

This is going to seem like a crazy comment, but I want to ask the question: have we finally given up on true love?

Every time two people meet each other other, they're afraid. There is a residual feeling of what could go wrong which didn't exist in past generations. I have tried to express this myself but it makes me sad, it makes me despair. Why can't we just throw our lives aside for someone else? What is holding us back? Often I feel like an alien in a world where everyone is afraid of what I'm looking for. Cowards. Pussies. Does anyone have a heart anymore?

I live in a world which is turning into shit and if you can't see that, you are part of the problem. Bring out the guns and the sabers. At least I can die for something I believe in Nobody believes in love anymore.

Why can't we just...understand each other again? Get your fucking act together and listen for once instead of being a self-righteous prick.

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

"Little boy miss his momma, huh? Little boy scared without his momma?"

- Anakin's first meeting with the Jedi council, what the hell did they expect from him?
    the bees made honey in the lion's skull

Likes Anaximander liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by sunyata View Post
    "Little boy miss his momma, huh? Little boy scared without his momma?"

- Anakin's first meeting with the Jedi council, what the hell did they expect from him?
    No kidding! The Jedi are a bunch of self-righteous, overly-idealistic blowhards. No wonder they constantly fail at keeping the Force balanced.

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    May I be of any assistance?

(Not something I have had to do, but I appreciate the sentiment.)
    perhaps offering to slap me any time I offer to get up and get a person who is standing a chair in their own house or something of the sort would be a good first step

I hate possessing that trait so much because it feels so fake in a way but I can't NOT do it
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

ggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Array Anaximander's Avatar
    MBTI
    mkgr

I like the idea of lay Jedi. I.E. jedi who are fully trained but also function in "regular" jobs. I.e. farmers who knew kung fu in China. I don't know if that's been touched on in the expanded universe but I was hoping they might incorporate something like that into the new trilogy. Might explain the relationship between Rey and Luke.

failure to thrive Array AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

You appear pretty tough and non-negotiable on this forum here, Whatever. I am having a hard time reconciling your words with your actions.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

If the Republic would just ban lightsabers from the universe then Sith Lords would no longer be able to use them. Problem solved!

Star Wars spoiler [spoiler added by uumlau]
    Likes Poki, Grand Admiral Crunch liked this post

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    This is going to seem like a crazy comment, but I want to ask the question: have we finally given up on true love?

Every time two people meet each other other, they're afraid. There is a residual feeling of what could go wrong which didn't exist in past generations. I have tried to express this myself but it makes me sad, it makes me despair. Why can't we just throw our lives aside for someone else? What is holding us back? Often I feel like an alien in a world where everyone is afraid of what I'm looking for. Cowards. Pussies. Does anyone have a heart anymore?

I live in a world which is turning into shit and if you can't see that, you are part of the problem. Bring out the guns and the sabers. At least I can die for something I believe in Nobody believes in love anymore.

Why can't we just...understand each other again? Get your fucking act together and listen for once instead of being a self-righteous prick.
    It jst dat exp0sur 2 truth dat w3 w3rnt az awere ov b4.

Truth dat m0st c4nt oor w0ont handell. L1fe iz risk und itz n0t a storee.
    "An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm