User Tag List

Page 5907 of 6783 FirstFirst ... 49075407580758575897590559065907590859095917595760076407 ... LastLast
Results 59,061 to 59,070 of 67828

Thread: Random Thought Thread

failure to thrive Array AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    I could never be a parent for a variety of reasons, though I have just thought of a rather tangible/realistic reason, and one that would destroy all relationships.

If my partner were to tell our child he/she could/couldn't do something, and I disagreed with it, I would "overrule" the other spouse and do things my way and not yield from it one inch.
    When you have a long term rel with someone, and get to the point of having a child with them (either through a 10 month long pregnancy or a long adoption process), your heart will have changed in some ways that will make you unlike you are before that happens. Making all this a mute point. As your baby grows and becomes a child and young adult, etc., you will discuss parenting with your mate, soul search, practice techniques, listen to sage advice, make mistakes, and grow from all of it, which will also make you into a parent you cannot fathom now. Not only that, but if you co-sleep, and practice attachment parenting, your hormones will literally change, making you into a new parent with new impulses and ideals.

All of which you cannot fathom before becoming a parent.

There are some parenting practices that I would not tolerate from anyone, nor would I be willing to compromise on. I'm much too stubborn and headstrong with something like that, in particular if I saw them as being unfair.
    What parenting practices are those? Why would you not tolerate them? Do you mean you would not tolerate abuse? There is a very wide 'right' spectrum for raising happy and healthy children. If you fall into a narrow category, it just likely means you have issues to deal with from your own childhood along the way (as we all do).

In otherwords, when it would come to raising a child, I would be intolerant to anyone having equal or greater power as I do with raising them.

At least I know I would be like this though, and thus will never do it .
    Are you a man? If so, you would be the one with the greater power. If you are a woman, you will need to learn to submit to your children's father.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Are you a man? If so, you would be the one with the greater power. If you are a woman, you will need to learn to submit to your children's father.
    Luckily it's not this simple anymore.
    It depends a lot on the couple and the relationship between them, who makes which decision. And usually both sides need to make concessions.
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle

Likes JAVO liked this post

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Hmm. How do you mean?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Hmm. How do you mean?
    Most couples I know either discuss until they make decision together or it depends on the matter e.g. the person who knows more about finances makes most decisions about that...
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle

Likes miss fortune liked this post

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Kas View Post
    Most couples I know either discuss until they make decision together or it depends on the matter e.g. the person who knows more about finances makes most decisions about that...
    Oh. Well I desire a union whereby when push comes to shove, or when a solution is not clear, the man, who is the leader of the family, decides what happens. It is a lot of responsibility, and one I believe God gives to men over women.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

It's cold here. I wish someone would turn up the heat. My hands are freezing.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Se

When you have a long term rel with someone, and get to the point of having a child with them (either through a 10 month long pregnancy or a long adoption process), your heart will have changed in some ways that will make you unlike you are before that happens. Making all this a mute point. As your baby grows and becomes a child and young adult, etc., you will discuss parenting with your mate, soul search, practice techniques, listen to sage advice, make mistakes, and grow from all of it, which will also make you into a parent you cannot fathom now. Not only that, but if you co-sleep, and practice attachment parenting, your hormones will literally change, making you into a new parent with new impulses and ideals.

All of which you cannot fathom before becoming a parent
    You can't disqualify my opinions on a child just because I haven't had one. There are plenty of adults who have a child, and never grow to like or care for it. If you want to have a reason for it being a moot point it will be this: I will never have a child, nor do I want one.

What parenting practices are those? Why would you not tolerate them? Do you mean you would not tolerate abuse?
    I have no interest in telling you any of these. You'll just attempt to psychoanalyze me for complete bullshit reasons. I'm not even going to give you an option for going there. Though it would be fun to watch you dig your own grave again, but I'm not in the mood.

There is a very wide 'right' spectrum for raising happy and healthy children. If you fall into a narrow category, it just likely means you have issues to deal with from your own childhood along the way (as we all do).
    LMAO, like you, of ALL people, is even remotely qualified to say if someone has childhood issues. Btw, that would not indicate childhood issues.

I am a man, I am also a gay man, so the whole women/man distinction is even less meaningful to me.

Go take your middle ages social views where people will actually listen to them. Actually, on second thought, that's a bad idea. Lest we get anyone else on this planet thinking like you do.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari
    Likes Masokissed liked this post

Google "chemtrails" Array Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp
    Socionics
    yδN None

It depends a lot on the couple and the relationship between them, who makes which decision. And usually both sides need to make concessions.
    Yeah. I'd rather work with my partner to come up with the best solution possible, rather than have him/her parrot or yield to everything I say and do. I mean, is it more beneficial to have someone lock-step right behind me or to have someone to learn and grow with?

Unfortunately, that question is only 95% rhetorical.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"; aka "jscrothers"; aka "bologna"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes Kas liked this post

He pronks, too! Array Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I haven't been on here as much lately.

It looks to me like the politics sub-forum has been completely consumed by right-wing wackos.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I haven't been on here as much lately.

It looks to me like the politics sub-forum has been completely consumed by right-wing wackos.
    It's kind of annoying. Luckily they seem to be the ones in the threads by themselves for the most part (in particular when they start it), and have largely left other threads alone. They can have their circle jerks, it just keeps them together and away from others.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari
    Likes Xann, Masokissed liked this post