User Tag List

Page 5885 of 6783 FirstFirst ... 48855385578558355875588358845885588658875895593559856385 ... LastLast
Results 58,841 to 58,850 of 67829

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Likes Lark liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    614 sx/so
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Likes Ingrid in grids, Red Herring, Alaska, ESFJ liked this post

failure to thrive Array AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    I don't have any, but today is a day off and I think it might be time to invest in my very own plant. Aloe is the best <3
    Plz don't buy any. I have enough aloe for the whole forum lol.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Plz don't buy any. I have enough aloe for the whole forum lol. I would post a pic but it isn't workin right now.
    Haha! Mail me some!!

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

failure to thrive Array AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

maybe.....pm me?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    maybe.....pm me?
    I don't think they'll let you post to Australia :C :C

Or that it would survive the trip x

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by hel View Post
    My response: if abstract painting was so self-evidently art, art snobs wouldn't have to defend it from us proles all the time.

To me it seems much more like an attempt to prove a theory artistically than art in an intuitive sense, art for the sake of personal expression. If a painting can meaning anything you want it to mean then what standards of beauty are there left? There are no standards ("you must realise, there is no spoon"). This kind of relativism is a heresy to me.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    614 sx/so
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    My response: if abstract painting was so self-evidently art, art snobs wouldn't have to defend it from us proles all the time.

To me it seems much more like an attempt to prove a theory artistically than art in an intuitive sense. If a painting can meaning anything you want it to mean what standards of beauty are there left in art? There are no standards ("you must realise, there is no spoon"). This kind of relativism is a heresy to me.
    There is no "art in an intuitive sense." That's culturally and socially conditioned based off the time period/place you live in. If you consider it from an art history perspecitve, it might help you.

Modernism, Surrealism, and the Political Imaginary Logos Journal

Cubism - the first abstract style of modern art

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by hel View Post
    There is no "art in an intuitive sense." That's culturally and socially conditioned based off the time period/place you live in. If you consider it from an art history perspecitve, it might help you.

Modernism, Surrealism, and the Political Imaginary Logos Journal

Cubism - the first abstract style of modern art
    I am thinking about it from a creator's sense.

Looking at the painting, I can't feel any emotional inspiration and vision...it seems like someone went to philosophy class and decided to try and apply it in another way.

I am not saying that isn't innovative. But it's very impersonal, dry and unromantic.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    614 sx/so
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    I am thinking about it from a creator's sense.

Looking at the painting, I can't feel any emotional inspiration and vision...it seems like someone went to philosophy class and decided to try and apply it to painting.
    That's interesting. They very well may have applied some sort of analytical process if we're talking about certain types of postmodern art. But that's not unusal in art. And I'm thinking about it from the creator's point of view too. Does it feel contrived to you? Like it lacks authenticity because it's once removed from what to you is immediate expression? The reason I encouraged you to look at this from an art history perspective is because this has been a huge point of conflict for different schools of artists for ages. Some artists in history decided to focus on pure expression in their art and to distance themself from a technical process. And some artists decided that the point of art was not expression, but to make their art as good as possible from a technical standpoint. Which is "more art?"

If you look at all art through the ages, you'll see it's always a reaction to its surroundings, to the political events and changes, to the artistic movements that have preceeded it, even if it isn't necessarily as connected to the individual's emotional expression who created it. Art can be emotional. It can be intellectual. It can be thought provoking. It can be very boring. It can be anything. It really does depend on your understanding of it.
    Likes Kullervo liked this post