User Tag List

Page 5839 of 6765 FirstFirst ... 48395339573957895829583758385839584058415849588959396339 ... LastLast
Results 58,381 to 58,390 of 67642

Thread: Random Thought Thread

failure to thrive Array AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Meh , the MMR is one of the least important vaccines imo because the diseases it prevents don't really have a high mortality rate. Also, it has been implicated in many disorders, including seizure disorders.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Privileged Sh!tlord Array ZNP-TBA's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

I'm a 6 on the Dawkins scale as well. I hardly know anyone that would actually be a 7 and I usually roll with the agnostic/atheist/skeptic crowd.

I don't believe in Richard Dawkins, so I refuse to measure myself on his scale.
    Likes EJCC, themightyfetus liked this post

My son decided to participate in no-shave November. When he first started in the beginning of the month (a week in) we were doubting whether or not he could grow a full beard. I teased him about being a young buck with only 2 points. Well, its the end of the month and his face resembles a grizzly bear. So I told him he can't shave until the first day of spring.

Be Concerned - TØP Array themightyfetus's Avatar

I got inducted into the National Honor Society this evening! I dressed up really nice--you know, job interview nice. Most of the ceremony was just esoteric mumbo-jumbo, which kind of annoyed me (blog post on academia later), but I still felt so wonderful. Before walking across the stage, we signed our name and graduation year on a piece of paper. I was so nervous that my handwriting came out like a kindergartener's. But I walked that stage, looking confident in front of hundreds of people. As I walked off the stage, I tripped a little bit, because my legs were shaky.

I felt like a powerful, high-powered businesswoman in my spiffy outfit. (Hehe...during the whole reception, I pretended I was an ENTJ 3.) As my family walked back out to the car, I was listening to the clicking of my heels on the sidewalk. My sister was walking next to me pretending to be someone who worked for my company. "I want that report in by tomorrow at 3 PM sharp. Now excuse me, I have a meeting," I told her. My dad even said I looked like myself from an alternate and opposite universe!

Oh yeah, and I guess I'm proud of my academic performance. Whatever.
    I don't mean to pry, but why would you even make the eyes?

6w7-2w3-9w1

^ All of the above is awesome. Congratulations @themightyfetus!
    Likes themightyfetus liked this post

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

if the air in the building at work gets any drier we'll all be mummified by the end of shift... as it is, I think that my trachea is set to head out on its own

however, I did get to spend a few days pretending that I was the queen of the building and informing those who noticed me perched up way above everything "cower, puny mortals!"
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Meh, the MMR is one of the least important vaccines imo because the diseases it prevents don't really have a high mortality rate. Also, it has been implicated in many disorders, including seizure disorders.
    Proof please. Unless proven to be so this is dangerous fear mongering.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Level 8 Scumlord Array SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    642 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kas View Post
    That's quite overthought. Saying this, I think I'm 4 in the scale

I didn't like "Religulous". There was some truth, but the tone was inappropriate and offensive.

I haven't read "The God Delusion" yet. Heard very various opinions about it ...
    @Olm the Water King (I need to get used to) @SpankyMcFly - what are yours?
    I think the book is awesome who's timing was perfect (the Internet coming into its own). What I really got out it was a toolbox that enabled me to be more open about my atheism.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

Level 8 Scumlord Array SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    642 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieNinjaPirate View Post
    I'm a 6 on the Dawkins scale as well. I hardly know anyone that would actually be a 7 and I usually roll with the agnostic/atheist/skeptic crowd.
    I've never met a 7 either. Which was precisely Dawkin's point when he wrote about it. Plenty of 1's though in the U.S.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes ZNP-TBA liked this post