User Tag List

Page 5835 of 6780 FirstFirst ... 48355335573557855825583358345835583658375845588559356335 ... LastLast
Results 58,341 to 58,350 of 67800

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Frank is so terrible... I keep watching and wondering if it's possible for him to get any worse and he finds new lows!
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

Level 8 Scumlord Array SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    642 so/sx

Me and much daughters were cruising to go see the latest Hunger Games movie when I asked my oldest to surf for the menu at a restaurant we were going to go to. She reminded me that me & mom had shut off net access on her phone for past nefarious deeds as part of her punishment. I told her that I'd grant her a temporary reprieve. She shrugged. I whipped out my new cell and turned on mobile hot spot then asked to scan local Wi-Fi and look for mine. She found it, I gave her the pw and PRESTO, she had internet. Apparently she didn't know you could do this. She had that cute "ooohhh cool" mixed with admiration look on her face. Made my day really, that I knew something gadget/cell related that she didnt. *toots horn*
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes uumlau liked this post

Google "chemtrails" Array Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNƭ
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp
    Socionics
    yδN

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Why not an Ubuntu VM?

Even better, keep a pristine image of it, and in the off chance the original dies or is infected, Shazam!, you have your original install to copy over. If it weren't for the fact that all my work and play is in Windows, I'd do that. But as it stands, it's really only practical for browsing and email.
    Ubuntu seems to be pretty good, but I'd liked to have had it as my "main" OS. My current setup allows me to boot into it if I need to (or if I want to play around with it), because it takes up like zero space on my drive anyway. A VM, additionally, would be a good thing in case I have to Linux a bit while inside Windows.

And I need to just image my whole disk and back that up. That's a good idea.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"; aka "jscrothers"; aka "bologna"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Flag on the Argument

"Too many Hitlers on the field!"
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

It looks as it's dancing.
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle

Likes Petrahygen liked this post

MBTI
    INFP

i love mondays <3

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Yeah, except when I was in school, Mondays have never really bothered me as much as they seem to bother other people.* Similarly, I don't particularly feel happier about Fridays. I actually really like Thursdays, but that's because with my current schedule, I usually get a lot of dancing done on Thursdays, typically.

* In spite of eventually getting a PhD in physics, most of school was oppressively boring for me.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    eNƭ
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp
    Socionics
    yδN

One of the main inspirations for my Godawful signature is Quora.

https://www.quora.com/

Look at this bullshit.

Paul King, Computational Neuroscientist, Software Entrepreneur
    61.5k Views • Upvoted by Will Wister, 1000s of hours studying psychology. • Matt Hastie, TBI professional. • Joel Chan, cognitive scientist of science and innovation
    Answer featured in The Huffington Post.
    Paul is a Most Viewed Writer in Neuroscience.

Eddie El-Cham, Graduate Chemical Engineer, 4/4 GPA

Gavin Henderson, Somewhat experienced in life but always learning

Dan Holliday, Recruiter, Traveler

Say Keng Lee, Knowledge Adventurer & Technology Explorer in Strategy, Change & Future-Focus
    "I, I, I, I, I."

Wow, man. Wow. Let's all care.
    J. Scott Crothers

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

MBTI
    eNƭ
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp
    Socionics
    yδN

* In spite of eventually getting a PhD in physics, most of school was oppressively boring for me.
    Same. I just treated it as something that needed to be done and so I did it. I didn't have the healthiest of motivations, but there's something to be said about ends justifying means sometimes etc.

So I try to teach in ways that are not like the ways that were oppressively boring. Nobody should be turned off of learning because of awful classroom experiences.
    J. Scott Crothers

- Elevenetics

Quote Originally Posted by capslock View Post
    i love mondays <3
    Yeah, except when I was in school, Mondays have never really bothered me as much as they seem to bother other people.* Similarly, I don't particularly feel happier about Fridays. I actually really like Thursdays, but that's because with my current schedule, I usually get a lot of dancing done on Thursdays, typically.

But it's not about work. It's about getting up in the morning after weekend.

I think a lot depends on schedule, when I had Spanish lessons Wednesdays were my favourite days
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle