User Tag List

Page 5829 of 6780 FirstFirst ... 48295329572957795819582758285829583058315839587959296329 ... LastLast
Results 58,281 to 58,290 of 67794

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Privileged Sh!tlord Array ZNP-TBA's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Diablesse View Post
    Donald Trump Talks Like a Third-Grader - POLITICO Magazine

Probably why every time my son watches a video of Donald Trump speaking he just laughs with his hand extended comment-less, since his verbal/lingusitic and reading comprehension evaluative scores fall within the ranges of the equivalent of a bachelors degree.
    I was just thinking about how silly (but cute) the above post was ^^
    Unfortunately for her ( whom I'm enjoying debating) facts point out the reality of the situation

Donald Trump graduated from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania in 1968, with a Bachelor of Science degree in economics and anthropology. Mensa doesn't accept SAT scores from after 1994. However Mr Trump was a student at Wharton when it was possible to derive an accurate IQ core from known SAT scores. Given the usual requirements for admission to a top school like Wharton, I estimate that Mr. Trump has a 156 IQ at the minimum.
    The standard description of this level of intelligence is “Genius – Exception intellectual ability and capable of looking beyond known facts.”
    Donald Trump is a Genius – But That’s Just His IQ! | Opinion - Conservative

Wharton is pretty prestige and difficult school and its quite a achievement to have its credentials.

(Cool fact about your son though, glad he's smart!)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Trump's voice is annoying though. /endrandomthought

“The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle

MBTI
    eSTP

Man today is dead at work, everyone is on vacation along with most of our user base.
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieNinjaPirate View Post
    I was just thinking about how silly (but cute) the above post was ^^
    Unfortunately for her ( whom I'm enjoying debating) facts point out the reality of the situation

Donald Trump graduated from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania in 1968, with a Bachelor of Science degree in economics and anthropology. Mensa doesn't accept SAT scores from after 1994. However Mr Trump was a student at Wharton when it was possible to derive an accurate IQ core from known SAT scores. Given the usual requirements for admission to a top school like Wharton, I estimate that Mr. Trump has a 156 IQ at the minimum.
    The standard description of this level of intelligence is “Genius – Exception intellectual ability and capable of looking beyond known facts.”
    Donald Trump is a Genius – But That’s Just His IQ! | Opinion - Conservative

Wharton is pretty prestige and difficult school and its quite a achievement to have its credentials.

(Cool fact about your son though, glad he's smart!)
    If you had read the article in its entirety you would have seen where they mentioned Trump's brand of intelligence did not fall within eloquent speech, that he is more of a plain spoken man, which in some way inspires trust in American people.

Happy, I chose not to spend my day posting here. I went hiking instead.
    Likes ZNP-TBA liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Diablesse View Post
    If you had read the article in its entirety you would have seen where they mentioned Trump's brand of intelligence did not fall within eloquent speech, that he is more of a plain spoken man, which in some way inspires trust in American people.
    I certainly wouldn't claim that Trump has extremely high verbal IQ. However IQ or G is spread out over multiple factors. Just because he speaks plainly ( very common for ESTPs) doesn't mean he's not intelligent.
    Likes Diablesse liked this post

Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

It would be interesting to work in a book store and try and figure people out based on their book purchases.
    Likes ESFJ, Petrahygen, Kas, Destiny liked this post

across the universe Array Olm the Water King's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

Do you think that Ti vs Te (when used properly, of course) could be explained as the difference between theoretical and practical rationality?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ration...al_rationality

Theoretical and practical rationality

Kant had distinguished theoretical from practical reason. Rationality theorist Jesús Mosterín makes a parallel distinction between theoretical and practical rationality, although, according to him, reason and rationality are not the same: reason would be a psychological faculty, whereas rationality is an optimizing strategy.[10] Humans are not rational by definition, but they can think and behave rationally or not, depending on whether they apply, explicitly or implicitly, the strategy of theoretical and practical rationality to the thoughts they accept and to the actions they perform.

Theoretical rationality has a formal component that reduces to logical consistency and a material component that reduces to empirical support, relying on our inborn mechanisms of signal detection and interpretation. Mosterín distinguishes between involuntary and implicit belief, on the one hand, and voluntary and explicit acceptance, on the other.[11] Theoretical rationality can more properly be said to regulate our acceptances than our beliefs. Practical rationality is the strategy for living one’s best possible life, achieving your most important goals and your own preferences in as far as possible.

MBTI
    eSTP

Was trying to explain pidgin English to girlfriend and I figure I just play it. I can't speak completely like it, but I pick up the accent fast when I go back home.

Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.