User Tag List

Page 5819 of 6783 FirstFirst ... 48195319571957695809581758185819582058215829586959196319 ... LastLast
Results 58,181 to 58,190 of 67829

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

A working paper published last year by four economists found that immigration benefited local populations in 19 of the 20 industrialized countries they studied. Another study found that an influx of refugees into Denmark in the 1990s led native workers to switch to more skilled jobs and away from jobs that were mostly manual labor. As a result, some local workers earned higher wages.

Immigrants can be particularly important for countries like Germany that have low birthrates and aging populations. Germany already relies on workers from other European Union nations to fill many jobs. But as the populations of all European nations grow older, Germany will have to look beyond the Continent for workers. That’s partly why it has been more willing to accept refugees from Syria than have nations like France and Britain, which have higher birthrates. German unemployment is also low, at 4.6 percent, which means Germany should be able to get immigrants into jobs sooner.

(...)

Some officials in Europe, particularly in Britain, have raised another objection to immigration: “benefits tourism,” the idea that immigrants will move simply to take advantage of generous government benefits. But there is little evidence to support this claim. In Britain, for example, immigrants from the rest of Europe pay more in taxes than they receive in government benefits, according to an analysis by two economists. Another study found that reducing immigration to Britain by 50 percent, along the lines of what Prime Minister David Cameron has advocated, would actually reduce the country’s gross domestic product and force the government to raise tax rates to keep its budget balanced.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/19/op...rden.html?_r=0
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    this sounds hilarious, i wish you had taken a video
    I should record him next time there are horses on the tv... He hates horses even more than he hates Darth Vader!
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

I'm making my own island somewhere.

across the universe Array Olm the Water King's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

dancing bear ahead

Likes EJCC, Diablesse liked this post

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

sometimes aimlessly driving seems like the right thing to do...
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

breaking out of my cocoon Array SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    sometimes aimlessly driving seems like the right thing to do...
    Been there, done that many times.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so
    Likes miss fortune liked this post

Just posting to test something related to signatures.

Edit: It seems as though my signature doesn't edit for things I have already posted? Weird.

The Memes Justify the End Array EcK's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by /DG/ View Post
    Just posting to test something related to signatures.

Edit: It seems as though my signature doesn't edit for things I have already posted? Weird.
    Really?
    That would be a new feature if true. (I'm not going to test it, I need coffee)
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

I wonder why Js are often said to be neat/organized while Ps are often said to be messy/disorganized.

I think being neat/messy is more correlated with N/S than P/J. My ENTJ boss actually has quite a strong J, she is always nagging me to be more tidy and organized, but here's the irony.
    My ENTJ boss looks very neat/tidy/organized on the surface, but she actually has a messy/disorganised side hidden beneath that neat/organized side that she presents on the surface. Sometimes, she forget to switch off the lights and fans before she leaves. And then there are times when she will very last minute call me on my off days to come in to work and I ended up having to take a cab to rush to work. And whenever she goes overseas she will always pack her luggage last minute.

I have an ex-boss who is an ESTJ and she doesn't seem to be as disorganized as my ENTJ boss. So Js are neat/organized and Ps are messy/disorganized huh.. I wanna debunk this theory, this theory isn't very accurate

Privileged Sh!tlord Array ZNP-TBA's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny View Post
    I wonder why Js are often said to be neat/organized while Ps are often said to be messy/disorganized.

I think being neat/messy is more correlated with N/S than P/J. My ENTJ boss actually has quite a strong J, she is always nagging me to be more tidy and organized, but here's the irony.
    My ENTJ boss looks very neat/tidy/organized on the surface, but she actually has a messy/disorganised side hidden beneath that neat/organized side that she presents on the surface. Sometimes, she forget to switch off the lights and fans before she leaves. And then there are times when she will very last minute call me on my off days to come in to work and I ended up having to take a cab to rush to work. And whenever she goes overseas she will always pack her luggage last minute.

I have an ex-boss who is an ESTJ and she doesn't seem to be as disorganized as my ENTJ boss. So Js are neat/organized and Ps are messy/disorganized huh.. I wanna debunk this theory, this theory isn't very accurate
    I sort of agree with you but what about being forgetful/flighty with details being more of an N attribute instead of being organized? Your ENTJ boss seems to fit this description well, highly organized but forgetful and I don't think the two are the same thing. This isn't real evidence but based on my experience S's in general seem to be less forgetful and remember small inconsequential details (at least to me) while I don't. It's probably because the N mind is more prone to dumping cognitive energy into abstraction rather than concrete.

I think Ps do have a kind of organization but it's only organized to the P. My workspace and living space becomes an 'organized mess.' To the outside observer it would appear messy but for me there is a method behind the madness. Js tend to replicate the order within their minds externally while Ps keep it internal.
    Likes Destiny liked this post