User Tag List

Page 5817 of 6784 FirstFirst ... 48175317571757675807581558165817581858195827586759176317 ... LastLast
Results 58,161 to 58,170 of 67835

Thread: Random Thought Thread

  1. #58161
    scourge Array miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti
    Posts
    19,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Destiny View Post
    Can we trade dreams? I'd love to have your dream. The worst dreams I ever had is when I dreamt of people whom I hadn't seen for years and to wake up missing them and wanting to reconnect with them but to realize that I have no ways of contacting them.
    before going for a trade, you may want to consider that this is one of my dreams that I've had often enough that I've become accustomed to the horror of it and now consider it almost normal

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I've had a reoccurring dream for years that's a loop... I'm falling out of a plane with someone else and fighting over the parachute and I win and get it and survive... they don't. I keep going about my life, but keep feeling that someone is watching me and following me... I see bits of reflections in mirrors and windows and stuff and start to get really paranoid, but I can't prove anything. One night, I'm walking up a really long flight of stairs and I feel that someone is behind me and I then feel a bony hand on my shoulder and a jerk backwards and I'm falling. And falling out of the plane and fighting over the parachute again... Have had that dream a couple of times a year for years now...

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    oh no!!! I hope I don't get that stuck in my head inappropriately while working like I do Springtime for Hitler!
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

  2. #58162
    breaking out of my cocoon Array SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE
    Posts
    5,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diablesse View Post
    Within 1/2 hour of posting to this thread last week, my son came home covered in blood. He was assaulted by the parents of a girl he had asked out the day prior. She invited him over to visit since it was Veterans Day (I thought nothing of it because his best freind is a girl and he has been going over to her house since he has been 13 years old without incident). The father punched him in the face five times, when he fell to the ground, both parents proceeded to kick him repeatedly in the head. I took him to the ER because the gash on his head would not stop bleeding. The doctors ordered a CAT scan and discovered he had suffered a fractured jaw and a concussion. I took all of the medical records to the police department and filed a complaint the following day. My son said, after they were finished beating his face in and kicking his head, they offered him a wet T-shirt to clean up with, and then told him it was a shame because he seemed like such a nice respectful boy. Before they assaulted him, he raised both hands in Peace and told them he would leave, never raised a hand to them and did not say anything rude or offensive. He said he was in a state of shock.

    The police are charging the parents with Aggravated Assault with malicious wounding (a felony charge).

    I can't wait for court.

    §61-2-9. Malicious or unlawful assault; assault; battery; penalties.

    (a) If any person maliciously shoot, stab, cut or wound any person, or by any means cause him or her bodily injury with intent to maim, disfigure, disable or kill, he or she shall, except where it is otherwise provided, be guilty of a felony and, upon conviction, shall be punished by confinement in a state correctional facility not less than two nor more than ten years. If such act be done unlawfully, but not maliciously, with the intent aforesaid, the offender is guilty of a felony and, upon conviction, shall either be in a state correctional facility not less than one nor more than five years, or be confined in jail not exceeding twelve months and fined not exceeding $500.
    I hope they get convicted. Unfortunately, it will most likely be plea bargained to a misdemeanor, fine and community service, at best.

    Depending on the cause of the sudden anger, he may get off scott free.....did the dad just find out you son slept with his daughter... given age range and age of consent, that could be rape in some jurisdictions and fathers have been known to get away with serious violence if reacting to the rape of their daughters.

    I hate to say it, but be prepared for disappointment and just be exceedingly happy if justice is actually served.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

    -------------------

    Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

    9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

  3. #58163
    hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    27,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    before going for a trade, you may want to consider that this is one of my dreams that I've had often enough that I've become accustomed to the horror of it and now consider it almost normal






    oh no!!! I hope I don't get that stuck in my head inappropriately while working like I do Springtime for Hitler!
    by @magpie

  4. #58164
    scourge Array miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti
    Posts
    19,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    EXACTLY!

    I'll be happily walking along and doing my thing and then I realize that I'm whistling that and wonder what the hell is wrong with my brain for its choices (other popular choices my brain seems to choose are the Super Mario Brothers theme song, Dies Irae and Oranges and Lemons)
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

  5. #58165
    hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    27,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    EXACTLY!

    I'll be happily walking along and doing my thing and then I realize that I'm whistling that and wonder what the hell is wrong with my brain for its choices (other popular choices my brain seems to choose are the Super Mario Brothers theme song, Dies Irae and Oranges and Lemons)
    the hitler rap has been stuck in my head all day if that makes you feel better
    by @magpie
    Likes miss fortune liked this post

  6. #58166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SearchingforPeace View Post
    I hope they get convicted. Unfortunately, it will most likely be plea bargained to a misdemeanor, fine and community service, at best.

    Depending on the cause of the sudden anger, he may get off scott free.....did the dad just find out you son slept with his daughter... given age range and age of consent, that could be rape in some jurisdictions and fathers have been known to get away with serious violence if reacting to the rape of their daughters.

    I hate to say it, but be prepared for disappointment and just be exceedingly happy if justice is actually served.
    My son and I had several conversations about this particular girl since the beginning of this school year. My son is 17 (a senior), she is 15 (a junior). I told him during each one of our conversations that there are crazy parents out there and that was the last thing I needed was another insane parent (his last girlfreind was 2 years older and the relationship lasted a year). I asked him if there were any girls he worked with that he liked instead of this one. In time he started talking about one of the girls he worked with and I thought maybe he would move on to a different interest. However, on Tuesday night, he told me that he had asked the junior out in school and she accepted. We talked extensively about the law and age of consent, etc. On Veterans day, the two of them had been texting back and forth expressing the desire to see each other. I honestly think all they wanted was to see one another. He was literally visiting her house 2 minutes before the parents came rushing home. I almost feel as though it was set up. And, they aren't going to get away with inflicting extreme violence. It was uncalled for and over the top. My son is in ongoing counseling, and his counselor heard the story and turned the parents into Child Protective Services.

  7. #58167
    breaking out of my cocoon Array SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE
    Posts
    5,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diablesse View Post
    My son and I had several conversations about this particular girl since the beginning of this school year. My son is 17 (a senior), she is 15 (a junior). I told him during each one of our conversations that there are crazy parents out there and that was the last thing I needed was another insane parent (his last girlfreind was 2 years older and the relationship lasted a year). I asked him if there were any girls he worked with that he liked instead of this one. In time he started talking about one of the girls he worked with and I thought maybe he would move on to a different interest. However, on Tuesday night, he told me that he had asked the junior out in school and she accepted. We talked extensively about the law and age of consent, etc. On Veterans day, the two of them had been texting back and forth expressing the desire to see each other. I honestly think all they wanted was to see one another. He was literally visiting her house 2 minutes before the parents came rushing home. I almost feel as though it was set up. And, they aren't going to get away with inflicting extreme violence. It was uncalled for and over the top. My son is in ongoing counseling, and his counselor heard the story and turned the parents into Child Protective Services.
    It wouldn't be the first set up, especially if was starting to pursue other girls.

    But, the system will likely let you down. If so, you might want to obtain an attorney for a civil action against the family.

    Plus, you should make a claim on their homeowners policy. An attorney might be the best there as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

    -------------------

    Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

    9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

  8. #58168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SearchingforPeace View Post
    It wouldn't be the first set up, especially if was starting to pursue other girls.

    But, the system will likely let you down. If so, you might want to obtain an attorney for a civil action against the family.

    Plus, you should make a claim on their homeowners policy. An attorney might be the best there as well.
    Thank you, I hadn't thought about filing an injury claim with their homeowners policy. My father is more than upset about what happened and has offered to hire an attorney.

  9. #58169
    breaking out of my cocoon Array SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE
    Posts
    5,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diablesse View Post
    Thank you, I hadn't thought about filing an injury claim with their homeowners policy. My father is more than upset about what happened and has offered to hire an attorney.
    I definitely would recommend that you consult an attorney ASAP, especially before filing the homeowners insurance claim. Adjusters have been known to trip people up in disclosures. You don't want to sabotage the claim inadvertently, or damage the criminal action by some statement for the civil action. It can be tricky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

    -------------------

    Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

    9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

  10. #58170

    Default

    If the plural of a computer mouse is mice, why don't we call mousepads 'micepads'?
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."
    Likes Petrahygen liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread
    By Giggly in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 627
    Last Post: Today, 06:29 AM
  2. [NT] Random thought thread (NT version)
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 10-22-2016, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO