User Tag List

Page 5803 of 6783 FirstFirst ... 48035303570357535793580158025803580458055813585359036303 ... LastLast
Results 58,021 to 58,030 of 67825

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so

Mmm, unfinished basement.

Likes miss fortune liked this post

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

School is portrayed to kids as being something highly innocent and fully good - purely to educate and education is good, no? But actually if the modern day school system was a person it'd be a highly psychopathic and opportunistic one. The only role school serves is to make it easier for society to put people into groups (jobs), all with different kinds of economical and social privileges of course. Because we all know everyone is different, not every kind of job suits everyone. Yet every kind of job pays differently and holds its own social status. It's the same with the education itself... Everyone has different ways of learning, yet this way of education speaks only to one kind of person. Not to mention the existance of a gradation system, it's terribly cold, unsympathetic and no doubt causes lower self-esteem in a lot of cases.
    4w5-9w1-5w4

Schemata Architect Array CognitiveLiberty's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Think of a number between 1 and 20...

Johari Nohari
    5 cp6 9w1 4w5 sx/sp | RLUAI | INTP ILI-Ni

Google "chemtrails" Array Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp
    Socionics
    yδN None

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    Dll hell?
    The command line is garbage helle. Perl in Windows? Batch scripting? Windows is all like "haha fuck you buddy, try installing a bunch of stuff and restating your computer before you do any of that"

I can't paint the Sistene chapel with fucking macaroni and glue, assholes
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"; aka "jscrothers"; aka "bologna"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

MBTI
    eSTP

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    The command line is garbage helle. Perl in Windows? Batch scripting? Windows is all like "haha fuck you buddy, try installing a bunch of stuff and restating your computer before you do any of that"

Lmao...yeah. I love java for that. I started in VB, had to constantly increment my dll's so I didn't have to unload and restart to get windows to actually release from memory, etc. Windows is a royal PITA to program for.

There is a reason unix like systems are still king in that realm. We have some Microsoft. NET stuff where I work and I feel for the people who have to work with it after hearing the complaints. I have an msdn developer license and I don't even wanna play with visual studio.
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    No PowerShell?

But if you did, it would be awesome!

Lmao...yeah. I love java for that. I started in VB, had to constantly increment my dll's so I didn't have to unload and restart to get windows to actually release from memory, etc. Windows is a royal PITA to program for.

There is a reason unix like systems are still king in that realm. We have some Microsoft. NET stuff where I work and I feel for the people who have to work with it after hearing the complaints. I have an msdn developer license and I don't even wanna play with visual studio.
    .NET fixed most of DLL hell. (There are still some hiccups if you don't understand the architecture of the GAC.)

Web applications fixed most of the rest of the problems:

An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes Bush Did 9/11 liked this post

MBTI
    eSTP

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    No PowerShell?

But if you did, it would be awesome!

.NET fixed most of DLL hell. (There are still some hiccups if you don't understand the architecture of the GAC.)

Web applications fixed most of the rest of the problems:

I havnt really touched VB since 6. I have helped some VB .NET developers I have worked with and it was enough of a reminder to stay away from it. I was glad I was able to use standard public private key pair encryption without having to buy a new component.
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

I havnt really touched VB since 6. I have helped some VB .NET developers I have worked with and it was enough of a reminder to stay away from it. I was glad I was able to use standard public private key pair encryption without having to buy a new component.
    One thing to keep in mind that in this modern era of very high level coding - where if you're writing a sorting algorithm, you should be fired - .NET developers don't often have an understanding of architecture. They see the forms and copy them, but not the functionality which is the reason for the forms. You can end up with steaming piles of crap because the developers code exactly what is asked for (sounds like a good thing, right?) with no eye towards maintainability. 10% or less of coding work is building brand new from scratch. 90% is having to change/update/modify someone else's code: someone who did NOT foresee the change you need to make. If too many developers who don't understand refactoring (not rewriting/redesigning; refactoring) get their hands on a piece of code for all their separate unanticipated requirements, things that should be a simple half day of work can turn into an entire week of work.

I had this happen recently when I needed to add two fields to an application to accommodate a new requirement. Should have been trivial: add fields in UI, add fields to API, write code to take UI data and sent it to API, done. But no. There were a few extra layers from an old bad (overdesigned) design of the API, so I had to add those fields in four different places at that level. And that was the easy part, and it took me a day instead of half a day.

At the UI level and the immediate codebehind level, there were TWO different methods of sending the data to the API. I had to refactor it into a single method (with accompanying bugs, which is why there should never have been a second method). That took another day. OK, now to add the ... fields ... to ... the .... UI ... ? ?! Um, it turned out that there were THREE separate instances of the UI where there should have been only one. Each instance had built-in code to do it's particular weird data-dependent UI tricks, and no instance behaved the same. I did NOT have time to merge these into a single UI, and so I had to spend three days, pulling out my hair learning the dopey tricks of each page individually in order to add the fields and make sure that they worked in every single instance.

No, the problem with .NET code is not .NET or Microsoft. It's the developers.

An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

http://http://www.theguardian.com/wo...helmut-schmidt

96 years is quite a long life, but he will be missed. This obituary doubles as a neat historical overview .
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Google "chemtrails" Array Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp
    Socionics
    yδN None

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    No PowerShell?
    PowerShell is a toddler looking up to his daddy, trying to mimic what he's doing with the car engine.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"; aka "jscrothers"; aka "bologna"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics